It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last chance...here is my epitaph.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This site has taught me many things about this world, the people that inhabit it, their dreams, desires, fears and confusion. I contribute little, occasionally I am stirred to voice an opinion but for most of the time I sit back and read some amazing presentations, that cover many of the bases and only require support. This to me is the beauty of ATS, so many subjects with so many opinions from so many people, endless variety that seldom descends into chaos and personal attacks...well done everybody.

This got me thinking...If this place was a land mass somewhere I would like my epitaph to be on display there.

So here it is...I will keep it short,

A simple man of simple needs who lived a life that had little effect on his natural surroundings.
He wore no garments of / and swore no allegiance to any of the religious, political, scientific and philosophical groups, past and present. He played no part in any of the atrocities supported by these groups, be they attacks on the mind or the body. His focus was on the natural tendencies of a social being, rejecting the phrase "Nature, red in tooth and claw", seeing such a description as a recipe for perpetual war, and finding little evidence or desire for this in the daily activities of his race, which numbers 7 billion at this time.

He fathered two sons with his loving wife who accompany him on his journey today.

...well I tried.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

It's a very interesting concept, the way you have approached this. I find it a fascinating philosophical exercise to review one's own life from this hypothetical perspective and I appreciate some of what you are trying to say. Speaking for myself, it is a daunting prospect to consider past successes and failures, and moreso, to try and determine which had greater value, both to me and to others.

Imagine if those who are in positions of power were to do the same thing... If they undertook the task honestly -- for a task it most certainly is -- I wonder how many of them would be able to consider it all without regrets for decisions they have made, especially where those decisions have brought suffering to so many others? I wonder how many would wish they had chosen a different path, at those times in life when we have choices open to us?

Thank you again for presenting your perspective to us.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

You have done better than I have. I salute you.

new topics

join