It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's here (12/21) - so what's happening? (actual observations)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaunm
It's already 3:15pm here in Singapore.
Nothing has happen though. There were rainbow wave-like clouds in the sky yesterday but it's probably a natural occurrence.
Everyone freaked out a little.
But I thought this whole thing was supposed to be about rainbows and star dust. Whats scary about that?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Nothing here...
...in Florida.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I love Whse 13. I knew I couldnt be the only viewer but your the first I've come across besides myself.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
ahhh yes nothing in florida
so i guess we go on

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by Shaunm
It's already 3:15pm here in Singapore.
Nothing has happen though. There were rainbow wave-like clouds in the sky yesterday but it's probably a natural occurrence.
Everyone freaked out a little.
But I thought this whole thing was supposed to be about rainbows and star dust. Whats scary about that?

I have read, that those could occur before an earthquake? I could be wrong though..

Oh and I have to post this again..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Those who are uninformed on how fast a comet moves... an iphone would not be able to snap it.... its not the movies its real life... think shooting star

Funny thing about comets is that they are visable for quite a while while passing us. I watched Hale Bop for weeks on end in April of 95 and again that November when it made its way out of our solar system. Any camera could catch a picture of a comet. There are pictures of Hale Bop and Halleys both of which paid us a visit within the last decade. No comets are not like shooting stars.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

thank you for bringing that up... Did that comet hit us??? did it come within our atmosphere? Do I need to answer that?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here in my tow, in my country,
here we does not have active army, or nuclear silos.

But one thing i saw this morning is a posibly two things
A nuclear missile, or space shuttle or rocket whatever.
Interesting is thats never ever happend here.
One trail is going down, other trail is going up.
It for sure does not have anyithing witg famous date. maybe.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, 12/21/12 will be a day to remember in our family. My son in law was blowing snow and he stuck his hand in the shoot to clear the shoot while it was running. He had taped the handle bypassing the safety. About a grand and a half later and two broken fingers and he is back at home. I guess some people didn't get wiser in the new world

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
NB, Canada Reporting in.
Nothing to report.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Northern Michigan,10 inches of heavy snow, ground still warm, slippery as hell, power out for 16 hours and all is well. House is warm, groceries are cold, good conversations were had, scrabble was played, kids had fun and we ate the ice cream.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Those who are uninformed on how fast a comet moves... an iphone would not be able to snap it.... its not the movies its real life... think shooting star

Funny thing about comets is that they are visable for quite a while while passing us. I watched Hale Bop for weeks on end in April of 95 and again that November when it made its way out of our solar system. Any camera could catch a picture of a comet. There are pictures of Hale Bop and Halleys both of which paid us a visit within the last decade. No comets are not like shooting stars.

Was Hale-Bopp really in 1995? If so...then I was underage at that bar we used to go to!
We used to shoot a lot of pool after work (used to work at a restaurant/bar), and were pretty good - my teammate and I typically pulling down a couple hundred $ extra every weekend playing. We were playing a 2-on-2 game against one of our best regular opponents, and for probably 5 or 6 rounds of all 4 of us shooting, nobody had knocked a ball in - not a SINGLE ball! After the first couple of rounds, people started joking "it's the comet!" As it went on further, the whole crowd around us was watching, baffled, as balls seemed to be popping out of the pockets, etc. By the time it was finished, we were all thoroughly convinced it "was the comet."

I find cometary events to be among the coolest worldwide events we can have. Most of the people in the world get to see the big ones together, and especially when they last for several days, it's just such a cool, rare thing. I'm super excited about our 2 potential big ones next year. Hopefully I can ignore any nonsense about them bringing the eschaton along with them, and just enjoy the sheer magnitude and beauty of the events.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OH my go.... everythings cool here on the central coast of california.
For now...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My wife slept with me for two nights in a row. 12/21/12 has brought great change.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

We are getting a nasty rainfall and wind. It has been dark and dreary all day in Maine

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, 12/21/12 will be a day to remember in our family. My son in law was blowing snow and he stuck his hand in the shoot to clear the shoot while it was running. He had taped the handle bypassing the safety. About a grand and a half later and two broken fingers and he is back at home. I guess some people didn't get wiser in the new world

Oh geez! Hope he heals well. My buddy's dad mangled the hell out of his hand on a snowblower that was turned off. They can bind up and still be holding a ridiculous amount of tension. People reach in to "unclog" them, are successful, and then all of the waiting force just starts chopping and destroying hand. Your son in law was luckier than he was - 9 months out of work (electrician), and still going to physical therapy a year later trying to get full functionality back.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just saw the Good Year Blimp flying over North San Diego.
Don't see that every day out here.

Perhapse it was here for the Pointsettia Bowl.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
ahhh yes nothing in florida
so i guess we go on

that's a bad thing? Might as well make it a new beginning for yourself then, EOTW or not, if you don't like the one you're in, start yourself over again. (heck, that's the main premise of Christianity and many other religions: metaphorical death and rebirth), and also the main point to the Winter Solstice, Christmas, Easter...Sorta like hitting the reset.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ugh...if something were to happen, it wouldn't be at some "magic" time like 11:11. It would happen at the apex of the equinox...which doesn't actually occur until much later this evening.

On a side note, me and 6 people I barely talk to anymore, are all having extreme migraines and horrible vertigo along with stomach problems. All around the same time frame. I keep in contact with a friend who still talks to most of them. I told him about my bipolar emotions and all the random things that have been occurring the last few days...and apparently these other people were complaining of the same issues...Not sure if any of that is note-worthy...

Also, freak winter storm with 20 mph winds that's lasted 24 hours and came out of nowhere...and blankets most of the country lol...but it's winter...so that was eventually to be expected.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Good to meet another San Diegan! Yes indeed I too saw the Goodyear blimp for the bowl games. That's about the only exciting thing to happen today...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join