It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Air Force Generals say UFOs Will Stop A Nuclear Holocaust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by almadd2012

Let's start by defining what kind of power beings must have to travel to Earth. I say, they must be able to harness the power of--at least--an entire sun...

I cannot yet start a new discussion topic, but you can, and what you said right there might be worthy of it. Remember again about semantics. So you're trying to DEFINE what kind of power blah blah blah.

And it's at least the POWER OF THE SUN according to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Nah, I'm good. And I wouldn't mind if you'd stop talking to me in such a condescending manner, too.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Where ever there is a Nuclear Weapons Base...there are various E.T. Craft checking it out. I personally have seen the extremely bright Road Flare Orange Burning Orbs...about 6 Meters in Circumference and traveling in groups of two or three...seemingly Robotic Probes...hovering over a SAC base.

They left the base after hovering at about 1000 feet...at a speed of at least 5 or 6 thousand miles per hour. They corkscrewed over each other as they flew off...no noise and leaving a light trail like a kid waving a sparkler. They achieved this high velocity with almost no acceleration time.

Nothing Human Made can travel in atmosphere while performing such maneuvers without breaking or burning up.

It was something to see.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I kinda like the idea of a fractal universe. If say, our galaxy, is just one REALLY BIG atom, then logic tells me the ultimate "goal" (if you could call it that) of reality is to seed life everywhere. To create more and more consciousness.

In this scenario, ET would likely BE our Gods. Our creators. And why they don't like the idea of things like nuclear holocausts.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Nah, I'm good. And I wouldn't mind if you'd stop talking to me in such a condescending manner, too.

I'm hardly condescending when I quote you the way I did (about semantics) and you brush it aside. Anybody can go back and put your two sentences together to see if they make any sense. In fact, I cannot imagine anybody else trying to follow your words and taking the time to reply to each of your "points." I'm certainly giving up.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I kinda like the idea of a fractal universe. If say, our galaxy, is just one REALLY BIG atom, then logic tells me the ultimate "goal" (if you could call it that) of reality is to seed life everywhere. To create more and more consciousness.

In this scenario, ET would likely BE our Gods. Our creators. And why they don't like the idea of things like nuclear holocausts.

This is exactly what I'm beginning to believe — that ET is our creator. So in this sense, yes they ARE OUR GODS! But hell no I won't be worshipping them. They're just creators of the human race in my opinion.

In fact, this is precisely what turned me into a believer. We all have to reach down to a fundamental reason. Every shred of evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) that I've come across points to it. And I also think it's the same reason the very concept alone offends so many people without them knowing it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This topic is not worth getting worked up over. It's pretty simple, everyone who is even somewhat knowledgeable in UFOlogy knows these craft have been reported over nuke bases time and again. This is fact. There are even cases of triple confirmation. Tower radar, cockpit radar, line of sight. It has also been reported widely that they like to fire lasers into our warheads and disable our missiles. I can't see any reason to dismiss these claims.

There are some retired fly-boys saying that these craft won't allow a nuclear war. The rest is speculation. These are the fun threads!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This stance about "aliens will save us" is dangerous because it may people don't thing two, three times before doing anything stupid. This kind of behavior remind me about of little kids thinking their daddy will clean their mess if they screw up.

Don't matter IF the aliens exists or IF aliens don't want us to mess with atomic bomb or IF aliens will stop a nuclear holocaust.

What matter is IF you are wrong in just a single one of the above conditions, there isn't a second chance to humans when we screw up bad. We shouldn't relay on an alien intervention to make the things right. The price to be wrong is too high to care about aliens,
edit on 24/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

I agree. I like to think that we are smart enough not to wage nuclear in any event. Makes these peoples comments even more curious to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
This stance about "aliens will save us" is dangerous...

Indeed. The catchy subject title of this discussion is highly subjective and misleading. It's all about semantics. The various statements by military personnel are only about UFOs disabling the missiles — simple as that — and quite a stretch going to "will stop a nuclear holocaust" or that "they don't want us to annihilate ourselves."

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by almadd2012

There doesnt need to be a theory for it to be possible. We do not know everything and no scientist claims to. That is why we are scientists!

Christ, radio waves where not even discovered until 1867. If you spoke of an invisible force which would enable us to communicate around the world 100 years prior youd probably be burnt for heresy. People like you are reverse scientists. Only great minds think outside the box whilst you are trapped in it!

These intelligent craft could be a number of things. A conciousness of a high frequency which lowers itself to aid man, beings from the sea, or even anomaly created by the radioactive energy itself...simply we do not know

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by RedDragon

Don't you think that beings advanced enough to travel through space/time/dimensions/whatever to come here are also advanced enough to avoid the consequences of a nuclear weapon? By either avoiding the location of a detonation or by shielding themselves?

A sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from gods. If they can get here through the vast distances of space and time, they can surely anticipate and avoid a measly nuclear blast.

They may have better tech but they can't break the laws of physics. A nuke is a lot of energy and lots of energy breaks stuff. If a nuke goes off by their craft, their craft will get destroyed..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Good point, But if this is true and their have been reports about ufo's over nuclear bases in Britain too, then maybe they are more concearned about the effects it would have on all life on earth and the earth its self.

If it is true then they are not British, American or Russian, unless all sides are secretly working on these crafts and keeping them secret while playing some kind of war games with each other.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

I read just last night about a case involving Nick Pope and some missing evidence back when he was working for the MOD.
The evidence in question were some very good photos of a large diamond shaped craft floating above an airport. Just hovered there awhile and then zoomed off.
Anyhow, he kept a blowup of that photo on the wall in his office until his superior took it down and then it went missing. Some defense intelligence official told him that exactly.

Points left...It isn't the Americans. Points right...isn't the Russians. That leaves... points up.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I dont get it either which makes me think that some people just dont care (because their IQ cant support it) and some people are afraid of the possibility.

Hopefully one day soon the masses will accept so that this subject can be spoken about without ridicule.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Very true. To many posts here have been caught up in the misleading title. These nuclear silos have been shut down in probably a similar fashion to how the electrics in a car or plane are shutdown when they fly too close.
Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I doubt UFOs are going to stop a nuclear exchange from anyone at anyone else. If that was the case, then, all the foo fighters, flying saucers, and other anomalous phenomenon sighted, reported, and logged during WWII had plenty warning from all the test detonations during the development of the bombs that took out Hiroshima and Nagasaki to have stopped Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but, they didn't.
reply to post by Druscilla

Those of course being test detonations... And two rather isolated nuclear warheads used in a war during which only one side had nukes, and even then towards the very end.

Not quite the same as an actual Cuban Missile Crisis scenario gone wrong, with every major nuclear power giving their all in every direction, ushering in the general destruction of human civilisation.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
what id like to know is how the hell do they even get this information? Sure theyre in the army, meaning theyre able to get classified info but how do they communicate with the aliens? I thought only the world leaders (presidents kings etc.) were able to communicate with them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If UFOs were truly concerned over nuclear war, they could have sprinkled fairy dust around every research effort and test to prevent development, and even before then could have probably Scotty Teleported all the easily accessible Uranium on the planet into some safe-storage toy box like on the moon that humanity would have to earn, or work really hard toward obtaining use of.

It seems you've put quite a bit of thought into this

:-)

It's Christmas morning - and how much more fun could we have than speculating about what the aliens would or wouldn't do?

so - just for grins - what's the difference between a patch of desert blown sky high - and an actual military installation with weapons ready to launch?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
It's Christmas morning - and how much more fun could we have than speculating about what the aliens would or wouldn't do? ...

Today is indeed a very peaceful, quiet, relaxing day for reflective thinking, isn't it.

I'm glad for the diversion that this website provides. It's otherwise so hectic and pretentious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join