It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Air Force Generals say UFOs Will Stop A Nuclear Holocaust

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

There's no theory that I know of that says subatomic particles can travel between dimensions. Could you point me to some information regarding said theory? If you're referring to the interpretation of quantum physics that postulates a multiverse, that's not how it works.

I'm certainly not saying I believe anything about these supposed UFO events either. Just commenting on the logic.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Don't you think that beings advanced enough to travel through space/time/dimensions/whatever to come here are also advanced enough to avoid the consequences of a nuclear weapon? By either avoiding the location of a detonation or by shielding themselves?

A sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from gods. If they can get here through the vast distances of space and time, they can surely anticipate and avoid a measly nuclear blast.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by almadd2012

Well, researchers are currently using the LHC at CERN to find the Higgs Singlet. One of the theories put out there is that, if isolated, this particle can be used as a form of time travel. Link below. This particle is theorized to move outside of our dimension. Some theorists also speculate that gravity itself permeates throughout all dimensions and this explains why it is so much weaker than the other forces.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I'm using the U.S.A. as an example. Every so many years they have to detonate one of their nuclear heads to measure degradation, what not and so forth, to analyze the nuclear arsenal. I have not seen one MUFON, or ATS report of strange ships hovering over our skies for recent events.
For one, were the flyover of the missile silos a hoax?
Were the flyover of our missile silos from U.S.S.R.?
Were the flyover of our silos from E.T. beings?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by almadd2012
Don't you think that beings advanced enough to travel through space/time/dimensions/whatever to come here are also advanced enough to avoid the consequences of a nuclear weapon? By either avoiding the location of a detonation or by shielding themselves?

A sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from gods. If they can get here through the vast distances of space and time, they can surely anticipate and avoid a measly nuclear blast.

There's probably something extra about a nuclear detonation that's different (like compared to a massive chemical blast for example). It might be something that's related to its radioactive qualities — similar to how alleged UFO landing spots show unusual radioactive readings.

It doesn't make any sense to lump everything that's beyond our Earthly technology as "indistinguishable from gods." It's not that easy. But of course, it's easy to turn away and switch yourself off like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

These beings (who can travel the stars/time travel/jump dimensions, or whatever it is they do) obviously have technology so far in advance of anything we've dreamed of and can command energies so great that they put nuclear weapons to shame. Given that, which is the more likely reason that they would stop us from starting a global nuclear war:

a) they don't want us to annihilate ourselves; or
b) there's something about an atomic bomb that they wouldn't be able to escape with their "hyperdrives", their "ray guns", their "deflector shields" and all their other neat techy stuff?

You're guessing that there's some unknown reason for b) because you've rejected a) off the bat. But given what must be true about the technology of these beings, a) is a much more logical answer.
edit on 23-12-2012 by almadd2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If anything the aliens are testing the technology so when the day comes to harvest us, they will have all the fail safes and launch controls overridden to ensure they cannot be attacked........thats what i'd do

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Time travel is another possibility. I'm not so sure we aren't seeing evidence of this already. A while back I did a writeup on a case that happened in my hometown back in the mid 70s. This thing flew low and slow over the entire county. For TWO HOURS this thing was seen by HUNDREDS of people. They described it as a flying triangle bigger than a football stadium.
In the reports I saw several names of people I actually knew!

Anyhow, I was able to contact and talk with three people that saw this thing that night. All three basically said the same thing, "yeah, I saw it. It was crazy. You know, I had forgotten all about that."

This suggests memory modification, but I feel that this is happening on a grand scale because you hear about these 'flaps' all the time, yet nobody really ever pursues the investigation past the initial stages. Evidence may be being erased...

If time travel is involved, then yeah, they'll stop all out nuclear war, alright...ex post facto

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by almadd2012

You seem bewildered by the possibilities. If you really want to understand, it may help to hold your disbelief, keep an open mind, and continue reading (or watching) for more information. So don't give it the comprehensive brush off. I would offer this:

1. I'm now thinking it's not time travel that they do. Instead, it's probably something related to inter-dimensional and involving an energy that's unfamiliar to humans.

2. There's more than one (level of) extraterrestrial intelligence. Most may not be so far advance as to "command energies so great" — they're not true gods as humans regard gods.

3. They probably don't "put nuclear weapons to shame" like we do to slingshots with our AK-47s. It's not that kind of "techy stuff." Nuclear could be something damaging to the space-time fabric.

4. As such, it's not something they simply "escape" or "shield" especially not in the fashion of sci fi movies that you're proposing.

5. I'm not the one who's rejecting your option "a" — nor am I suggesting that it's the more likely answer. There's no "given what must be true about [their] technology" — the reports simply says that they're able to disable our nuclear weapons.
edit on 23-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
reply to post by sputniksteve

Agreed, I'm 100% with you on those. I find it very compelling we keep getting high ranking officials coming forward, yet that is still not proof enough to fully prove UFO's and Extra Terrestrials exist.

I wonder what it is going to take to empirically prove their existence.

Seriously? You belong to this site and you're saying there is no proof of Unidentified Flying Objects? Every single country, including America, has at LEAST admitted to that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

Relax there friend. I meant as in proof for science.

Science needs empirical proof that is why I asked what would it take.

I did not say "I need empirical proof"
edit on 12/23/2012 by mcx1942 because: edit

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

There is proof of UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. As to what they "really" are, sure, that's still up for debate. I guess I shouldn't be debating semantics here, though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah
reply to post by mcx1942

There is proof of UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. As to what they "really" are, sure, that's still up for debate. I guess I shouldn't be debating semantics here, though.

In this case it's important though because these UFOs might actually be another country's undisclosed tech.

What's important are the reports themselves and what it seems to have been meant to accomplish.
And that is, kindly intimidating the strongest military power. Even if it's not ETs, it's profound. If it is, it just makes it that much more interesting.

Still yet, at this point it's kind of strange to assume that it IS a force not from this planet and not merely think some other humans are up to it.

Shows the faith even the faithful of mankind have in themselves.,, but this is why that point becomes something to nitpick.... because NORMALLY people would think something is being orchestrated by other humans, but not this. No, everyone concludes that if it's real... it must be extraterrestrial.

That is an interesting point in itself.

Beware of pre-conceived notions.
edit on 23-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Bewildered by the possibilities? On the contrary. I acknowledge that the possibilities are virtually endless. I'm putting a little bit of logic into the argument, though. The question was "why do UFOs mess with nukes?" The possibilities put forth so far are a) "they don't want us to nuke ourselves" and b) "nukes hurt them". There's only reason to look into how nukes could hurt them if one rejects a). If you reject a), then you have to speculate on all manner of reasons why an advanced civilization with immense power would be afraid of a little ol' nuclear bomb. So now let's use some of our human intelligence to look into that...

So, on to your argument about spacetime. The fact is, that nuclear weapons don't "damage the space-time fabric." To do so would require at least the power of a black hole. That's physics talking. Look it up if you want.

So, we're back to trying to invent reasons why nukes hurt these beings when it's so much more logical to reject our assumption that they do.

Anyone who can travel the distances between the stars, time travel, or traverse dimensions (it doesn't matter which one, as they're all spectacular feats) does put our technology to shame. It really is as simple as that. They must command energies that are unbelievably greater than anything we can command. They are "god-like" in their control over nature. That says nothing whatsoever about them being "gods" (a claim I never made). They're not hurt by nukes.

The point of all this is that anyone trying to figure out why a nuclear weapon would hurt these visitors is first assuming that a nuclear weapon could hurt them when there's no reason to believe that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

...but this is why that point becomes something to nitpick.... because NORMALLY people would think something is being orchestrated by other humans, but not this...

Exactly. But furthermore, why, if anybody would acknowledge that UFOs exist as a scientific fact, would they shut themselves out from the humongous mountains of credible evidence elsewhere for what the UFOs could be and just truncate their mental understanding of it. Just follow through! Do like Sherlock Holmes — when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Just because a majority of the population thinks UFO means Aliens, doesn't make it accurate. I'm fighting a losing battle here, though. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by almadd2012
Bewildered by the possibilities? On the contrary. I acknowledge that the possibilities are virtually endless...

But like the other post here, you really have to be careful with your semantics — for they will color your mind whether you acknowledge it or not.

The other concept that you seem to sloppily assume is again that "advanced civilization with immense power would [not] be afraid of a little ol' nuclear bomb." So it's not logic you're implementing when you randomly put forth such a faulty premise.

If you're careful with your thoughts and read carefully, I never said that the space-time effect is an absolute certainty nor am I arguing it. But you did specifically say, "a sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from gods."

Also, I should mention that the title of this discussion might mislead some people. It's just another subjective statement.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateninjah

Just because a majority of the population thinks UFO means Aliens, doesn't make it accurate. I'm fighting a losing battle here, though. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Forget what the majority of the population is thinking. Do your own research to reach your own conclusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I am saying DESPITE the fact that most people associate the word UFO with Aliens, DOES NOT make it so. Does that make sense? Sometimes I don't word things in a way that other people understand easily.

UFO means an unknown object, NOT a spacecraft from mars. It is fact that unknown objects exist. I'm not arguing ANY point other than that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
But like the other post here, you really have to be careful with your semantics — for they will color your mind whether you acknowledge it or not.

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

The other concept that you seem to sloppily assume is again that "advanced civilization with immense power would [not] be afraid of a little ol' nuclear bomb." So it's not logic you're implementing when you randomly put forth such a faulty premise.

Pardon? If you're going to say my assumptions are "sloppy" and my premise is "faulty", I'd like to see more than a plain statement that it's so. Let's start by defining what kind of power beings must have to travel to Earth. I say, they must be able to harness the power of--at least--an entire sun. I argue this because one would need this kind of power to travel at speeds signficant enough to the speed of light, which I take as the least technologically advanced way to get to Earth (significantly sub-lightspeed travel being way too slow for us to believe that anyone would use it to get to us). Travelling in time or through dimensions would take significantly greater power. Now it's your turn to explain how our nuclear weapons would scare these guys.

If you're careful with your thoughts and read carefully, I never said that the space-time effect is an absolute certainty nor am I arguing it.

I never said you said it was an absolute certainty. But you are arguing it, by putting it forward. You may not want to continue arguing it, but that's a different matter altogether. I'm all for playing the devil's advocate, my friend, but you can't just run away from it whenever someone chooses to argue the other side. You need to either concede the point, or counter with further argument. You put something out there, I argued against it, and now it's your turn again. Go.

But you did specifically say, "a sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from gods."

I'm sorry... and? The fact that that sentence includes the words "sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence" clearly shows that I'm not stating they they are gods. Only that they're indistinguishable (and it's taken that that means from our point of view) from gods.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join