It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Air Force Generals say UFOs Will Stop A Nuclear Holocaust

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by mcx1942

If aliens were concerned about people then where were they for all the millions of people the U.S. has killed in the past six decades? Where were the aliens when 800,000 people were slaughtered in 90 days in Rwanda?

I think everyone is seriously misinterepreting the interest the aliens have in us, human beings.

I seriously doubt they have any interest in us living at peace in loving harmony etc. Their interest in us is a purely business interest, protecting their investment. Since we are very likely genetically engineered apes, we have likely been engineered for a purpose. If we destroy ourselves and most of the life on earth through a nuclear holocaust, their entire investment is wasted. But if we keep killing each other in small conflicts in numbers that are not significant compared to the total population on earth, they may not care and these conflicts may even be of academic interest to them.

So it makes every sense for them to try to control the nuclear weapons while not bothering about low key conflicts that don't threaten an annihilation of the species/life on earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think the meaning here is obvious. If they were worried about a nuclear holocaust type scenario then they would also be reported to be monitoring chemical and biological weapons. So, we can safely rule out that they're monitoring nukes to prevent us from destroying ourselves or the planet.

The reason they're monitoring our nuclear weapons is because nuclear weapons probably make enough of a boom to hurt alien spacecraft.

edit on 12/22/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The reporter working the story distracts the viewer with all that coffee stuff, and then advertises a coffee chain several times in his on-air interview, seemingly being a shrill taking top priority while covering, if true, one of the most important stories in human history. What a sorry excuse for a journalist.

As for the story, who are these Air Force personnel, where can they be contacted, what papers have they written on the subject, and what real-world proof do they have. Interesting.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Isn't there a youtube video showing how many nukes have been tested on earth throughout the years?? From what I recall the whole planet should be glowing with radiation.

why do they not stop those tests??? Maybe because there are no aliens. just a thought.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I think it's more than obvious — that extraterrestrials are very concerned about nuclear weapons on Earth. The denials and cover up can only go so far before it becomes ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Yes, I agree along these lines, that it's similar to a parent's concern. There's obviously something different about fission that dwarfs the other weapons of mass destruction. It's something about the energy released and the dimensional fracture.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Here are a couple of videos. The first one is well known. The second one I just found. It shows some weird lights around what would've otherwise been just another strange missile failure.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i feel like most of you , little wars are of no matter to them but full blown nuclear exchange will not be allowed to happen

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
I think the meaning here is obvious. If they were worried about a nuclear holocaust type scenario then they would also be reported to be monitoring chemical and biological weapons. So, we can safely rule out that they're monitoring nukes to prevent us from destroying ourselves or the planet.

The reason they're monitoring our nuclear weapons is because nuclear weapons probably make enough of a boom to hurt alien spacecraft.

edit on 12/22/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

Eh... one doesn't generally attack with chemical and biological weapons from the facilities they're held in, so the comparison isn't really fair. Also, because we don't seem to have reports from military officials who were stationed at such facilities doesn't mean there are no UFOs around them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Isn't there a youtube video showing how many nukes have been tested on earth throughout the years?? From what I recall the whole planet should be glowing with radiation.

why do they not stop those tests??? Maybe because there are no aliens. just a thought.

Nuclear tests aren't going to lead to our demise. Furthermore, Hiroshima and Nagasaki couldn't have led to the destruction of the planet since no one but the Americans had nukes. So no need to intervene.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
The reporter working the story distracts the viewer with all that coffee stuff, and then advertises a coffee chain several times in his on-air interview, seemingly being a shrill taking top priority while covering, if true, one of the most important stories in human history. What a sorry excuse for a journalist.

Dude, it's Russia Today. Have you ever watched that crap? There's no journalism, just propaganda.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I don't see the press conference that should have been linked in the OP anywhere, so . . .

www.youtube.com...

Not new but from 2010.

edit on 23-12-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by mcx1942

If aliens were concerned about people then where were they for all the millions of people the U.S. has killed in the past six decades? Where were the aliens when 800,000 people were slaughtered in 90 days in Rwanda?

You are assuming that they are concerned with people's lives. Perhaps there is some other reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Again, I think the implication being made here is that these UFOs are inter dimensional. Either that or the US Gov has these things themselves and it is their ultimate Nuclear Deterrent.

ETA: The only thing I can think of that would explain why extraterrestrials care about nukes and not stuff like chemical or biological weapons would be that, for some reason, using nukes has an impact on THEM.

So interdimensional ... Or, they live here too. Under ground or under our oceans.
edit on 23-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Again, I think the implication being made here is that these UFOs are inter dimensional. Either that or the US Gov has these things themselves and it is their ultimate Nuclear Deterrent.

The fact that these UFOs haven't stopped countless nuclear tests would seem to show that the nuclear detonation itself is not their worry. And just why would nukes matter to another dimension, anyway?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yes, but it's testing, not total destruction, even Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not total. Perhaps if there was a plan of action, it would only be initiated if we are totally dumb and kill everything on the planet.
Just as suggested a few posts up, they don't care unless we are total about it, They (aliens) are not concerned about local destruction.

Just speculating.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by almadd2012

Well, there's the whole theory of subatomic particles being able to move between different dimensions. If that is true, then it stands to reason that smashing atoms may have an impact in those other dimensions as well.

I'm not saying I necessarily believe any of this. I'm merely speculating on what these remarks may mean.

Perhaps a test here in there is aggrivating to them, but a full scale nuclear war would have profound affects on theirenvironment.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

ETA: The only thing I can think of that would explain why extraterrestrials care about nukes and not stuff like chemical or biological weapons would be that, for some reason, using nukes has an impact on THEM.

So interdimensional ... Or, they live here too. Under ground or under our oceans.
edit on 23-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

You're recognizing the obvious point that they don't care about biological and chemical weapons even though both of those are also capable of destroying humanity and/ or the planet.

The excuse that this is the case because they are interdimensional or something is just a wild speculation brought at by grasping at straws. There's a much simpler, 'down-to-earth' explanation. Chemical and biological weapons don't hurt spaceships. Nuclear weapons make huge booms and are probably the only thing in our arsenal that could take out a UFO.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

reply to post by mcx1942

You are assuming that they are concerned with people's lives. Perhaps there is some other reason.

Of course they don't care about human lives. I don't understand all these straws that people are grasping at. Interdimensions soul destroying? Lol? If I wanted to hear nutty ideas like that, I'd head over to the 2012 forums.

The answer is obvious. They care about their own lives and care about our nuclear weapons because a nuclear weapon makes a big enough boom to take out a UFO. Blow up a nuke in the vicinity of a UFO and it probably gets destroyed like everything else in the nuke's path. I'd wager that it's the only thing we have that could get that job done.. for the simple reason of its brutish power.
edit on 12/23/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/23/12 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Reports have shown time and again that they have NO FEAR of our military capabilities. They TOY with our fighter jets. They SHUT DOWN our jets' electronic systems the MOMENT we acquire radar lock on them.

No, they don't fear being taken out by a nuclear missile. They simply don't like our nukes. I am not "grasping at straws" here. I have read literally thousands of case reports. This makes the most sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join