It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to boot the 2012 fear mongers from ATS come Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is a call for ATS to boot those who have filled our heads with insane nonsense concerning 2012 come Saturday morning. This site was at one time a place to debate the unusual with intelligence. In recent years it has turned into so much ridicules garbage concerning Niburu, and Assent ion, and Polar Shifts...that my stomach has been turned far too many times.

The Sad part of all this is that there are some weak minded people who have listened to this and are convinced that the world will end tonight, and these people have been scared out of their minds over nothing more than a crazy story that has never...ever...had any merit or evidence to support its claims.

I'm challenging us all come Saturday morning to shun those who have posted unwarranted claims of the end of the world, and turn this site back into the site it once was just a few short years ago...a place where we could discuss subjects no one else would address, express our opinions and debate issues with evidence and focus...and restore ATS to the place it once was...a fantastic website, and not what it has turned into...a sounding board for nuts and their 2012 predictions, who claim to have messages from their alien masters and spirit guides.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Rockstrongo37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

ATS already has rules. They should be kicked when they break enough of those.

If we kicked for your reason, it's a slippery slope for so many others..

I would agree with dismantling the dedicated 2012 forum however. That is of course, if the Internet still exists on the 22nd.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That wouldn't accomplish a single thing ,and if anything, this whole ordeal has taught us all to start using our noggins more.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dec 21 was shrouded in mystery....

Can we not forgive people for being curious? Can we not forgive people for trying to figure it out? Is it not better to try to do something than to not try at all? If we shunned everyone who was wrong at some point, there would be no one left on ATS to talk.

This is a conspiracy website. No one ever said all conspiracies are true. If you can't handle it, then go back to the MSM and believe everything they tell you.
edit on 20-12-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Simply refuse to participate in said threads.

No shunning needed.

Did you not get the site-wide Admin message in your inbox? We're being encouraged to be civil and diplomatic regarding this whole matter.

I'll be beyond relieved when the clock strikes midnight tomorrow night.

Til then - chin up, we're almost there.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

it's all about choice. Choose not to read it, choose not to believe it, choose not to be negativity affected by it.
Choose what you want, but don't try and choose for others.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Interesting how you posted this in Space Exploration.
Should we toss their bodies into space? lol
Fear Mongers are just that...fear mongers..
Last forever.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If you haven't seen this in your messages folder please read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Oh come on now...

This is a safe haven for sheeple... no need to boot them

How about we say.... lesson learned... Just don't listen to everyone saying the world is about to go Boom!

I mean we've been hearing the world will end since the dawn of comunication technology...

2012 is just another in a long string of failed predictions...

Hopefully it will be the last of them too

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well I'm glad so many so far are wanting to be "forgiving" about all this, but my point is still true...we've allowed the "Nuts" to degrade what was onces a fantastic site. And the crazy talk of the world coming to an end has had damaging effects of many people, much like yelling "fire" in a crowded room. I am simply calling a challenge to my fellow ATS'ers to stand up and let those who have made moronic claims of alien messages, words for mankind from spirits about 2012, and all those god aweful pictures of "two suns" as proof of Niburu...let them know their credibility is gone and we are going to make this site great again.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If the community truly feels it's that bad then we should ban the subject matter and not the people. Like I said, people get banned for the rules already in place. Believing things without evidence, although almost always silly, is not a bannable offense.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Read the thread I linked to. From the site owner no less.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
But aren't you fear mongering the 2012 believers right now? You will qualify for your own booting.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Through history we have learned that there is a fine line between Genius and Insanity. Let us not forget that. Now show respect and maybe you will be shown respect when you get something wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If we're going to start booting people, how about those who got caught up in this gun propaganda? And why stop there, we'll just kick everyone who posts something another person thinks is dumb! Then we'll just shut down the site altogether!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

that simply doesnt make sense

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowBase

I do believe I am showing respect here, simply pointint out a sad reality...this site has been taken over by the lunatic fringe

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Let them be scared. Fear will be good for the World. Maybe the next day they will begin to take in the little things of life and learn to appreciate it more.

The end of our lives is inevitable, when it does happen and it will there is nothing you can do about it. The feelings and thoughts that are going through your mind is your own ego fighting against it's very self to stay alive. By surrendering to your own ego and understanding all aspect of it you will be able to find a path towards true enlightenment. The end is whatever you want it to be. Don't fight it, don't over complicate things. Just let it be and you will be at peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

Read the thread I linked to. From the site owner no less.

Please note the above link, thanks.

Thread closed / removed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join