It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Attacks Leave Livestock Earless in Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am putting this in the cryptozoology for the time being, and I am sure they will find out what is doing this before long and can be moved to proper forum.

Supposedly, something is attacking the livestock (goats and bulls) and authorities are not sure what it is.

An unknown animal is attacking, but not eating, livestock in Kentucky, leaving many of the victims with gnawed or detached ears. According to WAVE News, the attacks have been ongoing for several weeks in Shelby County, Ky. At least five goats have had to be put to sleep due to their injuries, and a goat named Polka-dot has been left with just one ear. Kevin Cox, the local farmer who owns Polka-dot, has also had several of his bulls attacked, he told the news organization.

Kentucky officials are investigating, but there's no word yet on the culprit in the attacks. Odd livestock attacks often get blamed on supernatural creatures, especially the mythical beast el chupacabra, which means "goat sucker" in Spanish. El chupacabra is said to suck the blood of livestock and has been blamed for attacks in Mexico and elsewhere. Supposed chupacabra sightings have always panned out to be dogs, coyotes, raccoons and other mammals.

Here is the interesting thing to me, however,

While many predators from coyotes to bobcats have been known to attack farm animals, domestic dogs in particular are known to attack but not eat livestock. In many cases, animal dog attack victims are left with torn and mangled ears, according to the nonprofit Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management. It's not yet known whether local dogs will turn out to be responsible for the Kentucky attacks, but dogs are certainly more likely than a mythical creature.

I know a small predator such as bobcats and coyotes can and will attack a goat, but it is highly unlikely they would attack bull, unless these bulls were very young or very old and weak. I could possibly go with the dog theory, but it seems to me that dogs would kill the animals not mutilate it. I am pretty sure its not a chupacabra, but hey, you never know these days. I'm sure it will sorted out shortly. I thought I would share, because I love the subject and idea of cryptids.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Someone let Mike Tyson out again

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Blame it on the kebab shop owners, they close WAY too early these days...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I'm going to say it's a 2 legged.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I realize this thread has gone a few weeks without a post, but I found something rather interesting related to this.
"people in the area are reporting having heard “something,” and even having been chased by “something.”"
They also reported finding tracks apparently, I will post a link to the source of course.

www.datelinezero.com...

Unsure if the picture in the article are the tracks they found, it doesn't seem to say.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm 100% this animal is a big cat. There are reports of big black cats all over the U.S.A. Specially in the Kentucky. After reading the article and knowing the animals were "mauled" it makes even more sense. Cattle were leaved at the same condition in the UK. Big wild predators like wolfs are know to atack cattle when food is scare or when they are extremely hungry.

Whomever, there also repots of pre historic animals like the American Lion as well....But i highly doubt they would be the murdered.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ugh, people. Come on.

Big cats are ambush predators that like to jump on their prey from behind (usually) and attempt to either break the prey animal's neck, or suffocate it by grabbing the throat with a choking bite.

They do not gnaw off or rip off ears. That is something that domestic dogs do when harassing and mauling livestock.

new topics

top topics

join