It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange night.... And it's not 12/21 related...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So I've had a strange night to say the least. Let me start by catching you all up with a story from my neck of the woods from a couple days ago.

Two fugitive bank robbers who slid down the side of a high-rise federal jail on a rope constructed from bedsheets made their getaway by hopping a cab a few blocks away, authorities said Wednesday as they continued the manhunt for the elusive convicts.

Federal agents obtained surveillance video of Joseph "Jose" Banks and Kenneth Conley jumping into a taxi at Congress Parkway and Michigan Avenue at about 2:40 a.m., FBI spokeswoman Joan Hyde said. The video showed the two wearing light-colored clothing. The break helped investigators pinpoint the timing of the bold nighttime escape from some 15 stories above the street at the Metropolitan Correctional Center. Banks and Conley, both convicted bank robbers awaiting sentencing, were last accounted for at 10 p.m. Monday during a routine bed check. Hours after the pair fled south in the cab, they banged on Conley's mother's door in far southwest suburban Tinley Park but were quickly sent on their way, according to a family member.

Ok.... So there was a prison escape in Chicago 2 days ago, the escapees are believed to be in (or around) the town i currently live in Tinley Park, IL.

Now this is where things get strange. I'm in my bedroom watching Thursday night NBA on TNT, my gf is on the couch right outside the room and decides to head into our unfinished basement because we occasionally have water damage from bad storms. And as you all know the whole midwest is being slammed by a winter storm night. So she heads down there to see if there's any water coming over the foundation on our back concrete wall.

So she comes back upstairs into the bedroom, seems somewhat startled and says "I just heard voices coming from the basement window".. I replied with "what were they saying?"... She goes "I think the voice said WE need to leave together"... And that was it.. I doubted her at first, but then I heard a noise outside our bedroom window. It could have been wind it could have a been a person outside, I dunno.... So what I did next was head into the basement to see if I could see or hear anything. well, i didn't.. So then I grabbed a iron out of my golf set tossed on my shoes and grabbed a flash light and told her I was going out back to look. Well i did and i walked around and couldnt find anything.. I came back in and said to my gf " should we call the non-emergency police to at least report what you heard?" she replied with no and didn't make anything of it then...

What bothers me is that there was a prison escape less than 2 days ago. The suspects are believed to possibly still be in my town and my gf heard a very "questionable" thing in the basement... Well, folks not sure what I should do... For now I've left it alone, my gf has now gone to bed and I'm sitting on my couch typing this to all of you with my trusty golf club next to me...

Anywyas, it was a strange night, especially with all the 12/21 crap on my mind.. Hopefully my gf was just hearing things and hopefully there really wasnt two people outside of my basement window just 90 minutes ago...

Well that's all...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So there was a prison escape in your area and then your gf hears voices and your first thought is to tell ats about it?
should of called the police, unless you think your gf is nuts, idk.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
So there was a prison escape in your area and then your gf hears voices and your first thought is to tell ats about it?
should of called the police, unless you think your gf is nuts, idk.

Well, If i would have acted it would have been a good 90 minutes ago.. I'm telling you guys now, its not like I rushed to my notebook immediately... And the escape was 2 days ago..... I guess the escapees are believed now to be gone from the area, but they definitely WERE in my town 2 days ago so I guess it could be feasible that they're still in town.... I dunno... like i said, it was a strange night... And if someone decides to try to break into my house they will have another thing coming...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthAlien
oh the possibilities, feel bad for ya

Yea the last thing I want is to be overly paranoid contacting the police for and wasting their time. If my gf would have told me to call I would have done it, but she asked me to drop it. I'm guessing she wouldn't have wanted to deal with them if they came over, and she has me here if anything DID happen.

But yes, oh the possibilities... Maybe it was 2 people, but just neighbors looking for a lost dog or something. who knows? obviously it would be a very small chance of the escapees being outside my house, but you never know..

top topics

join