It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New kind of magnetism discovered: 'quantum spin liquid'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
# YES< YOU GUYS ROCKE!!!!!

THANK YOU ATS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When I first saw this story it sent my geek girl heart racing! I didn't even know why. I had to read the story 3 times to even start to understand it... but then it dawned on me.

Actual new technology. Something that could lead to teleportation.. further space travel because of the perpetual energy possibilities.

Perpetual energy.. goodbye gas crisis!

Electromagnetism.. floating cars?! *giggle with delight*

This is such a tiny crystal and it is SO SO huge in science. This is very amazing.

There are so many possibilities that have opened in technology because of this discovery. I think they didn't say them in the interview because they didn't want patents jumped on but it is huge. HUGE! huge

XL5

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Milkflavour, it might take some energy to make the whole chunk flip, but how much energy compared to the flux density is the question.

I have often wondered why magnetism can not be shut off without using much power at all (under 10watts). Polarized light can be shut off with a pockels switch using very little power, why not magnetism using some other method/device.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Quantum Spin Liquids and usefull applications are not a Google favourite.
Beyond flying cars does anyone have any info on possible applicatiions??

Who'd have though that in 2012 we be using symetries (facilitated by latices found in crystaline structures) to manipulate energy from the aether (Superfluid Vacum) ...that sounds like crystals to channel invisible energy!!!
edit on 22-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Spock was right all along !

Dilithium crystals

The main premise is that when dilithium is subjected to a high frequency electromagnetic field, it becomes porous to antimatter, and that it is the only substance known to possess this quality. Since passing through its crystal structure slows down or moderates the flow of the antimatter, dilithium can be used to moderate the reactions in the matter-antimatter reactors. Some scientists consider dilithium so imaginary that it is not worthy to discuss its hypothetical properties (Batchelor, 1993).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I haven't heard of that earlier... Can we use it for immediate communications at any distance, for an example? Just asking, I've been reading a lot of best Sci-Fi...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I haven't heard of that earlier... Can we use it for immediate communications at any distance, for an example? Just asking, I've been reading a lot of best Sci-Fi...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Somebody visiting maybe from Sandia Lab?
That sounds like so many claims of UFO propulsion,Greys systems are psychotronic as well as magnetic.This could be a key to such tech.
edit on 22-12-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey, the Mayans were right; it's a 'new age'. (this crazy ass technology man...)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Isnt this in the
fields of FREE ENERGY also...?!?

So were are boncho and john?!?!?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Instead of stringing random words together into a sentance how about you put forth a succinct and logically consistent argument of exactly you're trying to say?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I thought he did so quite well. He has hit the nail on the head!

P

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A constant state of change?

How does this bode for the north and south magnetic poles of the magnetic substance? Won't there not be any N and S poles if these electrons are in a constant state of change?

What about the magnetic fields this substance creates? Would they also be in a constant state of change?

Whats the practical application of such a magnet? Is it possible with this new technology we really could now create a magnetic motor that produces electricity and power?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Did you see the article about the gravity powered light on the sidebar of this link. Of course it won't be available here, we have to buy batteries and solar panels. This is the third product I found that is only available to third world countries, we have to be dependant on capitalism in these parts of the world. phys.org...

Hang some sand or rocks on it and you get a light for half an hour. Just lift the rocks to reset it and another half an hour. We need to investigate all this stuff. If they can afford it cheaply in third world countries why can't we buy it cheaply? What a crooked system we have allowed to be created.

Needs a thread of it's own. Has practical applications that are better than the crystal magnets in this thread.. at least until they are developed more.

Why lift the rocks to reset.. why not let the wind do that. Gravity Power could give us a great "free" energy source to add to wind and solar.

Yep.. needs it's own thread. Good find.
edit on 25-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Hey wt kind of skull is that?
Good stuff op

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by Miccey

Instead of stringing random words together into a sentance how about you put forth a succinct and logically consistent argument of exactly you're trying to say?

You didnt get that?
And you debunk every aspect of free energy?

Thats kind of wierd. Caus i smell FREE ENERGY all
over this thread, and you havent tried to debunk yet...
Hmmmmm

PLAIN ENOUGH

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

It's one of the crystal skulls from the new Indiana Jones movie. They're incredibly magnetic and have hypnotizing powers.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by Miccey

You didnt get that?
And you debunk every aspect of free energy?

Thats kind of wierd. Caus i smell FREE ENERGY all
over this thread, and you havent tried to debunk yet...
Hmmmmm

PLAIN ENOUGH

Saying "plasma fluid free energy lol" is not an argument, it's you thinking if that you string enough words together then eventually something will make sense. So, one last time: Instead of stringing random words together into a sentance how about you put forth a succinct and logically consistent argument of exactly you're trying to say?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

WTH are you babbling about?

It seem as if you are AVOIDING the question.

IM not stringing ANYTHING..

Are you sure you are in the right thread ranting?

Isnt OP touching on FREE ENERGY?

DEBUNK it...As usual..

OHHHW, wait...My bad...
I was under the assumption YOU could mix
a Applejuice with a Orangejuice and get
something tastefull...Sorry..

SOO:

Could this be used in the fields of FREE ENERGY? (simple question)
IF yes: EXPLAIN...

AND THEN:
DEBUNK IT

edit on 2012/12/26 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Isnt this in the
fields of FREE ENERGY also...?!?

So were are boncho and john?!?!?

Boncho will show up eventually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join