It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS assemble their own investigational team??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you've been following the countless "The Newtown shooting OS doesn't add up" threads, then you might agree. It sounds like we need a few ATSers combing through the Breaking New - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school. thread, start from the beginning and put the pieces together. Think ATS can put a team together and conduct a thorough investigation? Who needs the MSM when all they do is deceive? I think its time ATS assembles a senior team to conduct investigations in an "Investigation findings" forum, where only the investigational team can create threads.

Or something along these lines.

Who else are we to turn to when the media no longer does its job? Hell, we come HERE because of the blatant MSM bias, lies, misinformation, disinformation and deceipt.

Who else to conduct as thorough investigation as possible into those OS of events that just don't add up? And let the chips fall where they may, whether the findings support the OS or point to something sinister.

Are we to just keep aimlessly throwing coincedences and holes in stories up in there air on ATS that just lose steam over time and never get resolved, or are we going to approach these events properly and put a team together and conduct the best investigation we can? That's really what the best ATSers do anyway, but it's always just one person creating a thread. And they usually turn out awesome. Just think if we had a seasoned team conducting such an investigation.

Think of what ATS could become.
edit on 20-12-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea but it seems like it could be VERY dangerous...

Those who start exposing these secret connections mysteriously start coming down with the "Arkansas flu" etc.

People such as Danny Casolaro who uncovered the "Octopus" for example come to mind.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes it is potentially dangerous...

ONLY if 1) the idea catches on with the site owners (because there would have to be strict requirements to become an official member of the ATS investigational team) 2) the investigative team exposes, with concrete evidence, the fraud that is the MSM

Nobody said exposing the truth was safe.

ATSers can handle themselves!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sure.

If you can find anyone brave enough to risk being assassinated, tortured and/or imprisoned. Doesn't even have to
be a physical assassination, could be character assassination; framing you with one of the worst crimes imaginable etc.

If the Newton shooting does happen to have a hidden agenda, it would be extremely dangerous going anywhere near it. On the other hand, if there truly isn't a conspiracy behind it then you might be relatively safe. But the point is you don't know, which is exactly why you're proposing this.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I actually don't think it would be dangerous to any one person. This is already what ATSers do. The MSM already demonizes (and practically ignores) the alternative media.

It would be the same thing AJ and his infowars team does, minus AJ which is already a bonus. And I've never heard of one of their guys/girls getting suicided.

But the point is to pull people away from the MSM and bring forth the truth. The MSM is dangerous.

I'd actually be surprised if the site owners haven't discussed this idea already. They would probably need the team to fill out paperwork ensuring the team members assume all responsibility...

And on that note, it really doesn't need to be sanctioned by ATS. ATSers have the right to team up and divide work amongst each other, each working on their respective strengths and putting out a valuable final report.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just for the sake of ideas...

I noticed this topic has been thrown around a few times in the past:

ATS search

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

All I see is regarding paranormal and UFOs. I honestly was exclusively thinking along the lines of these events that the MSM covers (and doesn't cover very well), like Newtown and Aurora.

Interesting though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Sure.

If you can find anyone brave enough to risk being assassinated, tortured and/or imprisoned. Doesn't even have to
be a physical assassination, could be character assassination; framing you with one of the worst crimes imaginable etc.

is that the kind of world you don't mind living in currently then....?

isn't that what we come here to collude ideas for?
to attain the necessary knowledge to prevent such things and converse freely about?

hiding does nobody any good. if you know the enemy to be that evil, how can you stand by?

let me be clear, i'm not attacking you personally, i'm using your words to push my point to someone who may be able to act on it besides myself.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The only problem with that idea is you would never get anywhere close to the evidence in order to examine it.

If you were able to examine the evidence and it didn't agree with the feds or state then you would probably be arrested and charged with interfering with governmental operations or tampering with evidence or a slew of other federal and state crimes.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Nobody really gets close to the evidence, except for actual investigators. On that note, it should be called the investigative journalism team.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
hiding does nobody any good. if you know the enemy to be that evil, how can you stand by?

I may not see eye to eye with you on a lot of other issues but by God that's one statement that no one can argue with.

When I was a young kid I was in a parking lot with my dad and a guy nearby snatched a ladies purse.

My dad made a beeline after the guy as fast as he could.

How many of us would be willing to lay down our own lives for the good of our fellow man?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

isn't that what we come here to collude ideas for?
to attain the necessary knowledge to prevent such things and converse freely about?

You missed my point, but I can see where you're coming from. I didn't say to "hide", but it's simply the truth that if you're going to investigate something that has a conspiracy behind it, there's a danger. At some point, when/if you collect enough evidence and facts to prove a hidden agenda, you'll be in even more danger. 'Investigating' on the internet is different also. I didn't say to hide, and certainly didn't say that we shouldn't post on forums like ATS with our ideas. There's a difference between posting on a forum & getting together a journalistic, investigative team that actually gets out into the field. One that not only does that, but collects evidence and tries to expose it to the masses.

So, if you're willing to go that far & take the risk, go for it. Of course it's not going to be a cakewalk going against 'evil'.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
As an aside, it's interesting to see how this thread is developing.

The majority of responses convey that the process of investigating is too frightening.

And we wonder how the Constitution continues its slow burn.

OP, I'm with you. However, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't believe site admin would look favorably upon serious investigations. There's too much potential to rock the boat.

top topics

join