It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening!!!! (Update: Maryland Power Outage)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
09:00 in U.K. Survived so far... My burnt toast does not seem like the end of the world anymore. Chat to you all tomorrow folks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB6699
Massive power outage plunges Annapolis into dark

www.capitalgazette.com...[/ url]

Nice find.

"It's Happening!!!" ...Lol

No but seriously, if I saw that off in the horizon today I'd be freaking out.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

that was totally awesome I bet some ppl in maryland wet themselves...
i only have 50 minutes until my timezone hits the 21st..

Why would you think timezones matter? It's calculated from SUN's location, which is not dependent on the timezones of Earth! Did you think the 'end of the world' (whatever that may mean) comes timezone-dependently? Did you think it happens one part at the time, and not simultaneously in the whole world?

Why would you think sun's movements are tied to timezones? Think.

It doesn't matter what the timezones are, or what your local area is going through - when the Mayans made the calendar(s), timezones didn't even exist - but if they had, they wouldn't have mattered. Do you really think their calculations and calendars conform to modern-day, arbitrary timezones?

Besides, as I told you, the whole thing is calculated from sun's position. Sun doesn't care about earth's timezones. At the time of typing this, there should be about 3 hours, 37 minutes left regardless of any timezones. Sheesh.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)
Finally some common sense! I applaud you sir. It isn't over yet. I'll wait until the 25th before counting anything out. If no doom today, the elite will have Americans with their guards down. I tell you all, WAIT!!! And no, I'm not saying something will happen, I just thankfully have the sense to see what really is planned. 2013 is already a guaranteed year of nothing but doom.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It is very odd though that there seems to be power outages across the nation. Possibly something to do with that flash nasa picked up?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Don't think so,
If the power outages in the USA would have to do with this "flash", more likey europe should be blacked-out by now, since we are nearing 12:00am and full "exposure" to anything coming from the direction of the sun/glactic plane or whatever.
But everything is normal around here.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

what is that??

edit on 20-12-2012 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

CLASS dog that is he spooked ?

or really angry with you ?

edit on 21/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
We also had a power outage today for an unknown reason.

Link

Parts of Tippecanoe County lose power Updated: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 3:49 PM EST Published : Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 3:49 PM EST TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Power outages have left portions of Tippecanoe County without juice Thursday afternoon. According to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office the cause of the outages in the north and east portions of the county is unknown at this time. But, the sheriff’s office says Tipmont REMC and Duke Energy have been notified and are working to resolve the issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Why would you think timezones matter? It's calculated from SUN's location, which is not dependent on the timezones of Earth! Did you think the 'end of the world' (whatever that may mean) comes timezone-dependently? Did you think it happens one part at the time, and not simultaneously in the whole world?

It doesn't matter what the timezones are, or what your local area is going through - when the Mayans made the calendar(s), timezones didn't even exist - but if they had, they wouldn't have mattered. Do you really think their calculations and calendars conform to modern-day, arbitrary timezones?

Besides, as I told you, the whole thing is calculated from sun's position. Sun doesn't care about earth's timezones. At the time of typing this, there should be about 3 hours, 37 minutes left regardless of any timezones. Sheesh.

LMAO ok.. it's about 4 hours later.. still waiting... but then why would have anything to do with Universal time.. the mayans had no CONCEPT of THAT EITHER>> I however am in the CENTRAL TIME ZONE OF THE AMERICAS.... OH guess what part of the world THE MAYANS LIVED IN??? Thankyou for playing SNIDE comments tonight that have nothing to do with my original post !! LMAO

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

49 more minutes..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I realize this is one of those quasi-let's all chat on ATS-threads... But come on... Just because a transistor blows on the 21st.... Doesn't mean it's the end of the world....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

49 more minutes..
Good luck unphased... I wish you all the best.. I'm going back to bed tho so I'll see you on the flip... or not

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

49 more minutes..
Good luck unphased... I wish you all the best.. I'm going back to bed tho so I'll see you on the flip... or not

I'm prepping for meditation... might as well make use of the celestial position while we have it!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be pertinent to where the mayans were time wise? And how do we know it isnt at the end of the 21st?The 21st was on the calendar , not the 22nd. So maybe it happens before the 22nd begins where the maya were.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Wouldn't it be pertinent to where the mayans were time wise? And how do we know it isnt at the end of the 21st?The 21st was on the calendar , not the 22nd. So maybe it happens before the 22nd begins where the maya were.

The date was calculated by the people who read the calendar, not the mayans. Their calendar ends at the winter solstice of this year. If that happened to be april 6th at 4:52pm UTC that's when it would be. It just so happens that the solstice is today. The date, the time zone, are just for our understanding of the celestial event taking place.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I didn't think it was anything when I watched a video close to this so I do not remember what it was titled(something about two sun on the 18 or 19. It is weird and really neat too. It is probably something that can be explained. I know where I am we put in a rough night. Awful winds all night long and still going strong up until 10pm and we also have a winter storm adv until 10 as well. That to me is more strange we have had really nice weather until last night. It has felt more like Sept or Oct.
Wow I have the weather channel on and happened to look over as they were showing a weather channel ad and what came out of my mouth and then why. Has anyone else seen it? It shows a planet crashed into earth and then all kinds of other things like meteors hitting earth.
I will go see if I can track that other video down and if so post it here.

I found it and was wrong in the title
youtu.be...

Wind here is 20mh and gust at 36mh. There is a storm line up the upper east coast could it have caused the power outages?
edit on 21-12-2012 by kaidec because: added video

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Looks like a transformer blowing up to me

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kaidec

It's been that way here too up until yesterday I didn't even need a jacket.. now i'm freezin my giblets!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Woooow cool disco lights.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

The date was calculated by the people who read the calendar, not the mayans. Their calendar ends at the winter solstice of this year. If that happened to be april 6th at 4:52pm UTC that's when it would be. It just so happens that the solstice is today. The date, the time zone, are just for our understanding of the celestial event taking place.

I hate to nitpick here. But yes, the winter solstice. As it happened to them Thus it would be when the winter solstice happens in their frame of reference and VIEW point. Thus, their time zone

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'd shoot at it ...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join