It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening!!!! (Update: Maryland Power Outage)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These two videos are very similar, and it seems both happened within the last couple of hours?

Ya know, Tuesday evening, there were lots of crosses in the sky here in Atlanta made out of black "persistent contrails. Then we had tornado warnings in Alabama and Georgia today. Our DSL is currently flickering off and on (pretty common and I'll feel very cut off if it does go) but not the power yet (it rarely goes out here).

I'm not going to make a super big deal about winter weather, but the wind here in Atlanta is getting stronger and stronger as the night is progressing, and I have to admit I'm sort of getting a bit uneasy.

edit on 12/20/2012 by ~Lucidity because: fixed typo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tomorrowseer

Yes i am quite sure they are just Transformers Exploding around on the eve of the date 21 in same places, why would a Transformer explode in Brazil?
edit on 20-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007
reply to post by klhbrown

You don't want to 'fear monger"?!! Clear to see it's a substation/transformer lighting up the sky. Why didn't you hop in your car to take video? Clear case of "fear mongoring".

Once upon a time ATS members responded to each other without seeming like their goal is to leave a scar on ones self esteem and make it look the their contributions are unimportant......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
These two videos are very similar, and it seems both happened within the last couple of hours?

Ya know, Tuesday evening, there were lots of crosses in the sky here in Atlanta made out of black "persistant contrails. Then we had tornado warnings in Alabama and Georgia today. Our DSL is currently flickering off and on (pretty common and I'll feel very cut off if it does gobut ) but not the power yet (it rarely goes out here).

I'm not going to make a super big deal about winter weather, but the wind here in Atlanta is getting stronger and stronger as the night is progressing, and I have to admit I'm sort of getting a bit uneasy.

SC here on my Facebook it's buzzing about how it's like a tornado outside.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I asked if the video was in Brazil because someone said it was and I was wanting confirmation on the city and what the language was on the facebook comments of the video.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Powers back off in my part of Baltimore.....

My wife (lives in SC) and she has no lights either.

That's a lot of lost power tonight. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Where in South Carolina? I'm in the lowcountry

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by tomorrowseer

Yes i am quite sure they are just Transformers Exploding around on the eve of the date 21 in same places, why would a Transformer explode in Brazil?
edit on 20-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Because the grid is old and bad designed? It's crap and bad designed, period.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
that thing in Brasil was just a light cannon it seems. at least that's what people are saying in the comments. so either a prank or a party.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by unphased

Where in South Carolina? I'm in the lowcountry

Rock Hill not far from Charlotte.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Well judging by those comments on that facebook page most of the comments are made by trolls rather then actual users in Brazil we shall if there are more lights reported.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Where about atlanta do you live? Im in the north georgia area of cumming and man is this wind crazy! Im just sitting here with a drink in my hand pistol and rifle next to my bed watching some tube.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
that thing in Brasil was just a light cannon it seems. at least that's what people are saying in the comments. so either a prank or a party.

And they are just wrong. Today had really heavy rain and it is not uncommon to transformer explode in such situation. The most of comments in that video are a bunch of jokes.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This thread will probably end up the most popular thread for tomorrow, so I just wanna say even if nothing happens you can NEVER predict people so everybody please be aware and STAY SAFE!

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Picollo30

Well judging by those comments on that facebook page most of the comments are made by trolls rather then actual users in Brazil we shall if there are more lights reported.

I live in São Paulo, there isn't anything happening from other world reasons... We just had a big heavy rain and lots of **** happens when that is the case here. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by joker24

NW Atlanta, Galleria area, It's not letting up, and they're saying 35mph gusts but i just read where some areas of the south are getting up to 60mph ones. It's very noisy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Solar and geomagnetic activity are impressively calm.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Same for seismicity...pretty calm really, in the ring of fire. I am monitoring the situation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this site is up to the minute and for the WORLD regarding earth quakes:

quakes dot globalincidentmap dot com

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am starting to doubt that it was a Power Outage but we shall see.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I am starting to doubt that it was a Power Outage but we shall see.

Well the power did go out. However I don't trust the reasoning.

The storm in this area is NOTHING especially when you compare it to Sandy. Less power was lost in Sandy! (in this area)

Here's a link showing the major affected areas here in MD.

WBALTV
edit on 20-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

ETA

Baltimore Gas and Electric spokesman Rob Gould told 11 News that two main feeder lines in the Annapolis area lost service, but a cause was not immediately known.

They are not citing transformer problems in the initial outages nor does this article discuss how it has spread beyond Ann Arundel County....

edit on 20-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well just to humor everyone, what could cause a vast power grid failure over several different countries and or states?

my two "theories" would be, Weather (duh), Some great power surge from something drawing on to much power at one time, or Mayans hacked the power grid to make people S# themselves a tad bit

edit on 20-12-2012 by tomorrowseer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join