It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening!!!! (Update: Maryland Power Outage)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
For God-sake, nothing will be happening even remotely related to the end of the world. It just irks me how so many people are gullible enough to buy into this ploy and even so far as to buy bunkers to attempt to avoid what is not to happen. Stop being so damn naive and sit until December 22nd. The only thing that will happen that I'm afraid of are the psychotic imbeciles who believe this and try to take others lives in an attempt to fulfill their sadistic fantasies, believing there will be no punishment since it's the "end of the world".

I cannot wait until this day passes by. The excuses for nothing happening will be funny to see and hear. Don't worry guys, somebody will again take advantage of the gullible masses of this world and inform them that the world will end in 2020 or some inane prediction of that nature.
edit on 21-12-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason given)

What actually made me laugh the most is that people think a bunker would save them if the world was actually going to go apocalyptic.
Secondly, who the hell would want to be hopping out of a bunker when everyone else is dead? Sorry, but I'd rather be dead if everyone else is too. Plus, I'd rather be above ground where I can see what the hell is going on instead of hiding out. Imagine some meteor was coming to hit right where the bunker is located?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No its not. Nothing is happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

This is what I saw last Saturday night...please read my description as I didn't have video and was driving and see that this is exactly wat I was explaining in this thread:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There's military stuff in that area. Could they be working on something? Hoping its fake... also kinda hoping its not. Just for some excitement.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nothing will ever be able to make you stop fearing will it?

Just the fact that the world wishes to make me fear makes me realize that they don't care about me.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just because nothing HAS happened does not mean
that nothing WILL Happen.

That being said, I have always been of the belief that
this is the CHANGING of the world as we know it,
not the END.

This change might take a while to come about.

Also, please stop with the Mayan Calendar versus Our Calendar reference.
The Mayan Calendar was three circles entertwined together. Each one of the
three circles was something specific. The first was the gestation of a human
being, from birth to conception. The second was a solar year, and the third was....
well, we aren't quite sure.

But, the fact is that December 21st is when a new "age" started.
The last change of age was around the birth of Christianity.

We are moving from the age of Pices... remember those little fish on the back of
minivans? Go, be fishers of men....

We are moving into the age of Aquarius, the bringer of water. Quite fitting that over
the past few years we have had more floods and water-tragedies than I can remember
previously.

What do I think will happen? I hope that we will have some sort of mass disclosure
which prompts a new religion.

Heck, we need one anyways, The bible was written to spell it out for sheep farmers,
who had little to no technical expertise or cognisence.

I believe that religion could describe things much more naturally to us.
This does not mean that all Christianity is wrong, we might just have
better ways of telling the stories.

And plus, we don't need some "council" editing the Bible and leaving out
entire books of the bible anyways.

So, for everyone calling for all 2012 to be placed in a hoax bin.... can't you wait a few
more days, or a few months? Change does come slowly.

Don't you think that we need change anyways? Look at the amount of evil
that we see in TV, internet and politics. There is way too much EVIL going on
in the world for this to just be a natural cycle.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce

I believe no fear is a good option.
edit on 21-12-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

It's not his fault that you get scared easily.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Don`t worry it will be okay. The world is not coming to an end. The Dec. 21st 2012 came and went here in Tokyo just like any other day. Nothing major happened, no power outage, no huge quakes, no mass suicide or any other thing one would connect to the world ending.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
3 hours 45 mins to go in London until its the 22nd.

Sorry for the one liner but I'm just saying that its not the end!!

Unless something happens in the next 3 hours 43 mins
edit on 21-12-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Stop FEARING!

You obviously read nothing of my post if you think that I am Fearing.
You need to stop trolling.

Rome was neither built, nor destroyed in a day.
We need change, change in thinking, change in society, change in priorities.

Did I ever say apocalypse? This is your own small thinking that brings fear into it.

Would it not be change if the world could no longer deny the existance of other life forms?

Who would be interested in Republican or Democrat if we could prove there were
other humans on other planets. This is about perspective, this is not about fear,

Change is good, The Mayans always said that anyone resistant to this change
will be doomed. They never called it DoomsDay.

Go ahead and think that this is another Y2K, that is what you want....
Just remember that Y2K was a man-made scare that was perpetrated by our OWN society.

My question is why do YOU Fear change? Do we not need it?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is the first time i have ever heard of a power outage.. especially during the winter during snow storms. I mean that never EVER happens. It must be the mayan prophecy

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Don't you think that we need change anyways? Look at the amount of evil
that we see in TV, internet and politics. There is way too much EVIL going on
in the world for this to just be a natural cycle.

I think certain things need to change, but I'm also not waiting for some deus ex machina to come save the day. If you want to help change the world than go out there out try, don't just sit there hoping for aliens or Jesus to come down from the heavens and save the world.

If this day is not the day where the world will change, than let this day be the day where you commit to change your self or the world around you.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
For God-sake, nothing will be happening even remotely related to the end of the world. It just irks me how so many people are gullible enough to buy into this ploy and even so far as to buy bunkers to attempt to avoid what is not to happen. Stop being so damn naive and sit until December 22nd. The only thing that will happen that I'm afraid of are the psychotic imbeciles who believe this and try to take others lives in an attempt to fulfill their sadistic fantasies, believing there will be no punishment since it's the "end of the world".

I cannot wait until this day passes by. The excuses for nothing happening will be funny to see and hear. Don't worry guys, somebody will again take advantage of the gullible masses of this world and inform them that the world will end in 2020 or some inane prediction of that nature.
edit on 21-12-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason given)

What actually made me laugh the most is that people think a bunker would save them if the world was actually going to go apocalyptic.
Secondly, who the hell would want to be hopping out of a bunker when everyone else is dead? Sorry, but I'd rather be dead if everyone else is too. Plus, I'd rather be above ground where I can see what the hell is going on instead of hiding out. Imagine some meteor was coming to hit right where the bunker is located?

Rofl, I know right? I don't know. It seems people don't use their minds much nowadays.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You obviously read nothing of my post if you think that I am Fearing.
You need to stop trolling.

Rome was neither built, nor destroyed in a day.
We need change, change in thinking, change in society, change in priorities.

Did I ever say apocalypse? This is your own small thinking that brings fear into it.

Would it not be change if the world could no longer deny the existance of other life forms?

Who would be interested in Republican or Democrat if we could prove there were
other humans on other planets. This is about perspective, this is not about fear,

Change is good, The Mayans always said that anyone resistant to this change
will be doomed. They never called it DoomsDay.

Go ahead and think that this is another Y2K, that is what you want....
Just remember that Y2K was a man-made scare that was perpetrated by our OWN society.

My question is why do YOU Fear change? Do we not need it?

Thank you for being a friend, you have proven that I was wrong.

I was angry, but that is proven wrong as an emotion, it is a small mind that I have.

I don't fear change in the world, I am less fearful in sharing with the public in a positive light, I approach them with a respect and a want to communicate.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well i am in virginia and right now it is 3:50 p.m. and there is nothing to really make me think that the world will end as of yet. but last night around 2:00 a.m. me and my many neighbors whom of which are mostly family heard a very weird sound there was alot of wind but it was loud enough to tell it was not the wind and i went out side to see what it was and didnt see anything but i could hear something that sounded like a big jet going down. it lasted about three minutes and i stayed out as long as i could stand the cold, then about thirty minutes later i heard the same noise only louder and my neighbors were out at that piont on there porch asking me what is that and i said i heard it earlier but this time it was louder . and they said it woke them up out of a dead sleep. my conclusion is this i dont think 2 jets went down close to my house and i checked and none were reported. so it was either a freak of nature or this old earth grumbling to what lies in store in the coming days. who knows?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 12-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

What the hell is that?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

It's the start of the Reptilian invasion

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Geeze. All hail our new masters!