It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown Media Manipulation is about more than Gun Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
For the sake of this particular argument, I am going to steer clear of talk of false flags, patsies, mk-ultra and so forth. On that front, I'll let people draw their own conclusions. Setting aside the issue of how we arrived at this place, I want to discuss the reason behind the media and government manipulation after the fact.

I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that gun control is the topic of the day in the media and with the government in the immediate aftermath of this event. But is this really all about guns?

I would argue that this is about way more than guns, and we are very naive to assign such simplistic motives.

Whether this event was perpetrated by some dark government organization, or only seized on after the fact, I believe that the motives of the media/government are extraordinarily complex.

Imagine this as an act of war. In fact, I feel that is essentially what this is. Does the greatest, best funded military intelligence apparatus go into a war with only the simple directive: defeat the enemy? Many simultaneous objectives are being achieved or attempted. Control of oil supplies, control of drugs, control of government assets and resources, strengthened alliances, stability, instability.

The list can go on forever. In fact, elaborate computer modeling is used to determine all possible outcomes and scenarios, as well as the likelihood of any combination of scenarios. Does anyone doubt this?

Why should we expect anything different in the aftermath of Newtown?

Wouldn't we expect our multi-billion (or is it trillion) dollar military/intelligence/government/media apparatus to run expansive computer simulations in this case as well?

We want to say something as simple as, "it's about guns." In reality, aren't "they" running models that say:

"there's a 96% chance that we will get some weapons and ammo restrictions out of this. A 94% chance that our buddies at Smith and Wesson will see a revenue increase and temporary stock bump. An 83% probability that we will be able to stretch out the footprint of TSA and be welcomed with open arms. A 76% probability that we will be able to gain more control over the internet because of the blowback over social media irresponsibility. A 46% chance that this will lead to mandatory mental health provisions from insurance providers, and a 37% likelihood that such a provision will hasten the death of the insurance companies and usher in true universal health care."

And on, and on, and on.

We seize on one key point while "They" are throwing the kitchen sink at us.

Whether this was an offensive act of war or defensive is an important point, I agree. But no matter what, I believe we need to develop a new respect for the lengths "They" will go to fight it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

Things are happening after the shooting that will definitely impact more than just gun control.

Pension funds reconsider investments in gun makers

I think from now on we'll be hearing things like "life before Sandy hook and life after sandy Hook" kind of like what happened after 9/11.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So, what about the number 19.
The first funerals started..12/19/2012.

Well, 3/11/2004 was also the 19th
Anniversary of when Mikhail Gorbechev, Bush I's old buddy was inaugurated on 3/11/1985.
After the Berlin Wall was
removed in Germany on 11-9/1989 he was quoted as saying
"We arejust beginning to shape the New World Order." What did "Gorby" mean

We also have April 19th, 1993 in WACO Texas, where nobody made it
out alive.
Was this an anniversary date too?

Looking back in history,
we see that 50 years prior to the burning of the WACO church Hitler's
Nazi goons invaded Warsaw Poland and put 70,000+ Jews on the first
railcar loads to Germany's concentration camps........ April 19th, 1943
. The 50th year
anniversary of Hitler's invasion of Warsaw Poland was April 19th,
1993 in WACO Texas?
Was these all just a coincidences? Hmmm Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Don't forget the big pharma aspect. This is going to be used to push even more anti psychotic drugs on people, leading to more horrible acts of violence, leading to more rights being stripped away.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Big Pharma aspect is significant. Good call.

I tend to follow the money in everything. That's where you find the answers. Money, Power, and a combination of the two. That part is not too complicated. It's the strategies involved that are increasingly complex, in my view.

Here are a couple of other notables...

Hillary Clinton "faints" and is too ill to testify on Benghazi. Oops. Nobody is talking about that.

Fiscal Cliff catastrophe on the horizon. Huh? What was that again?

It really is phenomenal. One thing that has disturbed me recently is how blatant and ridiculous the media has become in all of this. If we can see right through them so easily, then can't everybody?

I've had a thought lately that "conspiracy types" might be getting set up. Follow the logic. The media is so absurd that we can't help but point our finger. Maybe then a "smoking gun" is revealed, signaling how right the media was all along, causing an extreme backlash against "conspiracy nuts" who dared to question the official story.

What could that be? Video footage of Lanza on his spree? How about video of a plane striking the Pentagon?

I don't know. They've been snubbing their noses for a long time, but that is with 95% of the populace swallowing hook, line, and sinker. Are we reaching a tipping point where the media will require their own "false flag" of credibility?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think this is also about the in your face use of Executive Powers.

Wolf Blitzer reminded the CNN audience that the President doesn't have to wait on Congress to "act".
That he can use the recommendations of Biden's working group to ban guns all by himself.

If people can accept the office of the President has dictatorial powers to nullify the Constitution then that is
a MAJOR change in public perception.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

PaperbackWriter, that is an excellent point. Again, money and power.

We know about the escalation of the use of Executive Orders. It was a trickle under Clinton, a steady stream with Bush, Jr., and now a torrential downpour under O. I say WE know about it, but do most people, really?

One of the sticking points in the debt negotiations has been the concept of handing over the power to raise the debt ceiling from Congress to the President. Yes, an official erosion of our system of checks and balances seems to be a major objective.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
So, what about the number 19.
The first funerals started..12/19/2012.

Well, 3/11/2004 was also the 19th
Anniversary of when Mikhail Gorbechev, Bush I's old buddy was inaugurated on 3/11/1985.
After the Berlin Wall was
removed in Germany on 11-9/1989 he was quoted as saying
"We arejust beginning to shape the New World Order." What did "Gorby" mean

We also have April 19th, 1993 in WACO Texas, where nobody made it
out alive.
Was this an anniversary date too?

Looking back in history,
we see that 50 years prior to the burning of the WACO church Hitler's
Nazi goons invaded Warsaw Poland and put 70,000+ Jews on the first
railcar loads to Germany's concentration camps........ April 19th, 1943
. The 50th year
anniversary of Hitler's invasion of Warsaw Poland was April 19th,
1993 in WACO Texas?
Was these all just a coincidences? Hmmm Merry Christmas

Yes, yes they were. However, it's been proven time and again that those without truly analytical minds and dogged appetites for research attempt to explain complicated events by picking and choosing which numbers to add, substract, multiply and divide. This has been happening for thousand of years, but thankfully, is beginning to dissipate as we nurture a greater understanding of our world through study, experimentation and knowledge.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquitesure

I've had a thought lately that "conspiracy types" might be getting set up. Follow the logic. The media is so absurd that we can't help but point our finger. Maybe then a "smoking gun" is revealed, signaling how right the media was all along, causing an extreme backlash against "conspiracy nuts" who dared to question the official story.

What could that be? Video footage of Lanza on his spree? How about video of a plane striking the Pentagon?

I don't know. They've been snubbing their noses for a long time, but that is with 95% of the populace swallowing hook, line, and sinker. Are we reaching a tipping point where the media will require their own "false flag" of credibility?

Sorry to quote my own post, but I've been thinking about this a little more today. If "They" wanted to turn the tables, their best move might be to turn up a second shooter.

Even better, if they could paint a picture that social media speculation hampered the investigation and endangered lives.

It's a fine line to walk. Turning up a second shooter would embolden the conspiracy community. But doing it in a way to justify the withholding of evidence for the sake of safety could strengthen their case with the public.

In the future, when LE is withholding of information, we would be reminded by the Talking Heads that. "more details could come later, but it is in our best interest to not know too much. Remember what happened with Sandy Hook? The police were just trying to do their jobs and the conspiracy nuts wouldn't leave well enough alone."

Thank you for entertaining this clearly wildly speculative prediction

top topics

join