If the Earth starts to shake apart on Dec 21, I might be one of the first to know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And that would be because starting now I am opening up live seismic monitoring worldwide, in about as many places as I have stored throughout my seismic travels over the years. That includes the entire ring of fire, and many important volcanoes like Yellowstone, Long Valley, Rainier, Shasta, Clear Lake, etc.

I have developed up templates in my seismic software for all this, and if anything even peeps the wrong way in our neck of the woods (i.e. the Western Hemisphere), I'll probably know about it if it registers on a seismograph. Sorry China and Russia, you're on your own. Don't have much access to networks there, unfortunately.

So if what the doomsayers claim becomes true, I should see all the seismos lights up one after the other with massive quakes everywhere.
This should be interesting. And I'll report it here in this thread until connection is lost.

---- why do I have the distinct feeling I am wasting my time... ?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Good idea, I was wondering what people are monitoring for "signs of the end" other than mainstream news. I would think earthquakes would be a definite sign of "something happening" and I mean the bigger than normal or more than usual type.

I'm sure some of ATS members are also keeping an eye on solar activity because that would be the next best place to look for "signs".

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

lol, all it's gonna take is one massive quake right about now, just out of sheer coincidence, and people are gonna freak!

EDIT: ALL IS QUIET SO FAR ON THE WESTERN FRONT, nothing out of the ordinary.
edit on Thu Dec 20th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks TA! We will rest easier knowing one of ATS' best and brightest is looking out!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if Yellowstone blew today and a 9.9 hit Tokyo at the same time, the world would go insane
Many moons ago on ATS I did buy into some of the 2012 hype but with everything else it looks like nothing will happen. Enjoy your day at the laptop I need to go Christmas shopping in torrential rain in a few hours, in some way the end of the world seems like a better option.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think you are right on the money there! I myself am ready for this to all be over with and maybe ATS can get back to being something other then Doom and Gloom for maybe a week at least right? I mean its Christmas right? What am I doing to celebrate the end? I am playing Diablo 3, posting on ATS and watching some old 1949 tv show called Suspense online

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nice one TA, i will certainly keep an eye on this thread. S&F

What do you do for a living? Out of curiosity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

same as me .. always look ATS Live headlines, there may be something .. or just bored?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

---- why do I have the distinct feeling I am wasting my time... ?

Consider it a dry run.

I'm glad you're the one monitoring the board though.

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, sir.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would like to predict a big >6.5 one within this day... but normally I feel dizzy before a big eq (I don't believe in this stuff, but I made a log and somehow it is really like this) and I did not feel somehow dizzy since 48 hours now...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

To bad you don't have an alert system available....it would nice to be notified if all he** starts breaking lose. I spent the day chasing a 2 year old around - so I'm zonking out for the evening. Will recheck your post in the a.m.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Buvvy

Well actually I DO have an alert system available in the software. And am using it!

As to the other question about what I do for a living... I harass scientists...lol.

And speaking of which, another note I can impart unto you is I corresponded again with a scientist about recent activity at Yellowstone, seeing as a few different spots are acting up, but they said it doesn't appear anything unusual- although they also said we may be headed for another period of uplift. Keep in mind that both uplift and subsidence are the norm at that beast. So it doesn't really mean much unless the rate of inflation increases drastically.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
hmm, just got alarmed on Long Valley... I saw a couple of microquakes, real small, a few minutes ago, but now there is more coming in, a bit bigger- somewhere in that general area. Bah, it's probably nothing as usual. Let's not get too trigger happy, folks.

EDIT: ok, those few were from the Nevada microswarm, which isn't too far away from there....

you can all see them here on this map that just happened:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

you see mammoth lakes (part of LV) on the left... Now that I have a S&P profile, I can distinguish those out in the future...
edit on Thu Dec 20th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well look like Nevada is rocking a bit 2.7, 2.4 and a few 1.1 to 1.9

nothing to big either

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IWant2Believe323

Seriously that is the most huggable pup I've ever seen. Adorable factor very high

To TA, congrats on your new monitoring system. I know you already contribute a lot to this site. Looking forward to more!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good stuff here TA!! I always look forward to reading your threads,
Although I don't comment much,I find them very informative! Thanks

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's 4am here and everything seems eerily quiet, like the calm before a storm...

The birds are awake too early, and am hearing premature (and not recognisable) morning choruses.

However i have had an ambien and a couple beers, so I'm pretty sure seeing denim geese flying in a perfect V formation is nothing to worry about?
edit on 20/12/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20/12/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
2:11PM here in the non daylight savings part of the east coast of Aus - apparently it's 7 hours until the supposed '11:11' GMT time where # is supposed to go down. When did this 11:11 crap come about anyway? Did they just tack the time on the end due to all the other 11:11 stuff? Yesterday was the first time I ever heard that time in conjunction with the 21/12 date.

I'm rambling - good to know you're watching the seismo's TA - although you're right, it's a waste of time, well not really, you enjoy watching them anyways right!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks, for staying alert, even if a waste it's comforting to know.

Some UHF Scintillation noticed but nothing else.

Most likely my choice of King"s The Stand on audio not the best for this but keeps mind occupied.

Again thanks, check on you in the morning.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

TrueAmerican, it sounds like your on top of the world. Your seismic station must be very elaborate and interesting just to watch, but I think your wasting your time on this 21st day of December.

One of these days, maybe we'll meet and get to see each others seismic system set-ups.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum