It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21/12/2012.... Stay calm. Please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi folks, I've literally just finished dj'ing an 'End of the world' party, but before I pack my kit up I just want to point out something. Tonight was fun, everyone having a good time and making light of the apocalypse agenda.
Everyone, bar a few. Now its not their fault, but the hype and mental stress caused by too much thinking about it and counting their hopes on whatever belief they have. I watched a poor girl have an absolute breakdown, she was sincerely scared out of her wits. This, then triggered another participant, and within 5 minutes there was 4 individuals in sheer panic that the world was going to end. It was like it just hit them.

Now I'm sure alcohol played a part in it. But to see the sheer terror in a fellow human being is something that brings the nurturing side out in some, and the deviant in others. The girls were eventually calmed down to an extent and then taken home, the party continued.

What I'm trying to say is, even if nothing happens, please keep an eye out for the ones who are more vulnerable and have nothing to hope in their life apart from an apocalyptic escape plan. If you're one of them..... Don't touch a bottle... Don't drown that sorrow. Please please please just talk. To some this is really trivial, but to others this could just be the cherry on the cake. I've witnessed some poor, decent and vile human beings tonight. And that was just at a party. I can only imagine if the same response is made on a grander scale in the public.

No matter what happens, look after yourself, and those nearest to you. I'm going to pack up now then head home to be with my family.

I'm wishing every single one of you a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

Thank you for reading.

edit on 20/12/77 by RobbieK because: stupid spelling an stupid phone.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words, and i hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

However when reading your post, i couldn't help thinking of the hysterical girl in the movie Airplane wheretthey were all lining up to slap her. I take it you mean this kind of action is no good?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

However when reading your post, i couldn't help thinking of the hysterical girl in the movie Airplane wheretthey were all lining up to slap her. I take it you mean this kind of action is no good?

One of the girls got a similar kind if treatment from her mum I believe, but she was quickly stopped by someone who wasn't pi$$ed. It made me think of that exact scene afterwards Lol.... But that soon disappeared as the others started kicking off. :/

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Poor girl. I'm sure she just had a little much to drink. The last place I'd want to be right now is at a bar! My husband on the other hand, is at an adult establishment (a friend that is rarely in town invited him). Hope all goes well there. I joked that he'd end up with zombie strippers!

edit on 20-12-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Maybe it depends on how hysterical he/she is.

On topic: Good post OP. And good advice. We should all be watching those around us for the next several days. Have a wonderful Christmas, and fulfilling new year.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Klassified because: whatever

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I look forward to coming on to ATS tomorrow and seeing all the "we survived" and "told you so" threads.

Happy 12/22/12.

-SAP-
edit on 20-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

top topics

join