It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Should Read Esdras 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Many interesting things can be learned from Esdras 2 about our day and age. This passage might get you started.

Esdras 2 (Chapters 8 and 9)

41: “For just as the farmer sows many seeds upon the ground and plants a multitude of
seedlings, and yet not all that have been sown will come up in due season, and not all that were
planted will take root; so also those who have been sown in the world will not all be saved.”
42: I answered and said, “If I have found favor before thee, let me speak.
43: For if the farmer’s seed does not come up, because it has not received thy rain in due
season, or if it has been ruined by too much rain, it perishes.
44: But man, who has been formed by thy hands and is called thy own image because he is
made like thee, and for whose sake thou hast formed all things -- hast thou also made him like
the farmer’s seed?

45: No, O Lord who art over us! But spare thy people and have mercy on thy inheritance, for
thou hast mercy on thy own creation.”

46: He answered me and said, “Things that are present are for those who live now, and things
that are future are for those who will live hereafter.

--Keep in mind that God has a plan for those who will be judged now. Water puts out fire.

47: For you come far short of being able to love my creation more than I love it. But you have
often compared yourself to the unrighteous. Never do so!

---Would we sentence people to hell? Do we love people more than God loves his own creation? No. He has a plan.

48: But even in this respect you will be praiseworthy before the Most High,
49: because you have humbled yourself, as is becoming for you, and have not deemed
yourself to be among the righteous in order to receive the greatest glory.
50: For many miseries will affect those who inhabit the world in the last times, because they
have walked in great pride.
51: But think of your own case, and inquire concerning the glory of those who are like
yourself,
52: because it is for you that paradise is opened, the tree of life is planted, the age to come is
prepared, plenty is provided, a city is built, rest is appointed, goodness is established and wisdom
perfected beforehand.

53: The root of evil is sealed up from you, illness is banished from you, and death is hidden;
hell has fled and corruption has been forgotten;
54: sorrows have passed away, and in the end the treasure of immortality is made manifest.
55: Therefore do not ask any more questions about the multitude of those who perish.
56: For they also received freedom , but they despised the Most High, and were contemptuous
of his law, and forsook his ways.
57: Moreover they have even trampled upon his righteous ones,
58: and said in their hearts that there is not God -- though knowing full well that they must
die.
59: For just as the things which I have predicted await you, so the thirst and torment which
are prepared await them. For the Most High did not intend that men should be destroyed;
60: but they themselves who were created have defiled the name of him who made them, and
have been ungrateful to him who prepared life for them.
61: Therefore my judgment is now drawing near;
62: I have not shown this to all men, but only to you and a few like you.” Then I answered
and said,
63: “Behold, O Lord, thou hast now shown me a multitude of the signs which thou wilt do in
the last times, but thou hast not shown me when thou wilt do them.”
1: He answered me and said, “Measure carefully in your mind, and when you see that a
certain part of the predicted signs are past,
2: then you will know that it is the very time when the Most High is about to visit the world
which he has made.
3: So when there shall appear in the world earthquakes, tumult of peoples, intrigues of
nations, wavering of leaders, confusion of princes,
4: then you will know that it was of these that the Most High spoke from the days that were of
old, from the beginning.
5: For just as with everything that has occurred in the world, the beginning is evident, and the
end manifest;
6: so also are the times of the Most High: the beginnings are manifest in wonders and mighty
works, and the end in requital and in signs.
7: And it shall be that every one who will be saved and will be able to escape on account of
his works, or on account of the faith by which he has believed,
8: will survive the dangers that have been predicted, and will see my salvation in my land and
within my borders, which I have sanctified for myself from the beginning.
9: Then those who have now abused my ways shall be amazed, and those who have rejected
them with contempt shall dwell in torments.
10: For as many as did not acknowledge me in their lifetime, although they received my
benefits,
11: and as many as scorned my law while they still had freedom, and did not understand but
despised it while an opportunity of repentance was still open to them,
12: these must in torment acknowledge it after death.
13: Therefore, do not continue to be curious as to how the ungodly will be punished; but
inquire how the righteous will be saved, those to whom the age belongs and for whose sake the
age was made.”

Enoch One Opening Statement

1.1 These are the words of the blessing of Enoch; according to which he
blessed the chosen and righteous who must be present on the day of
distress, which is appointed, for the removal of all the wicked and impious.
1.2 And Enoch began his story and said: -

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Take a really deep breath, bro, while counting to four (4)FOUR. Hold it in for the count of four (4) Let it out slowly over the count of four (4). Rest your lungs, then, after exhaling.....to the count of four (4).....

It's all going to be okay.

Hug to you, Ed.

EDIT: I so did not mean that to sound snarky. Just wanted to make it clear how to do "square breathing" to reduce anxiety.

Keep breathing, folks.....
When you concentrate on your breathing, your heart and mind automatically relax.

See you tomorrow.

edit on 20-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Enochwasright, I appreciate your passion for theology, but why is it that almost all of your threads are long-copy pastes of scripture?

You put in very little of your own, but instead post these walls of scripture without clearly elaborating what the readers of your threads have to look for?

I have my own interpretations of it. For example...

“Things that are present are for those who live now, and things that are future are for those who will live hereafter.
God is making a distinction between this world and the next.
Those who live life now dwell in the present temporary material world.
Those who will live "hereafter", are also present now.. but will truly live in the hereafter enjoying the things of the future.

7: And it shall be that every one who will be saved and will be able to escape on account of his works, or on account of the faith by which he has believed,
My understanding of this is that people are saved on account of his works and not by simply believing Jesus died for their sins. Is this right?

11: and as many as scorned my law while they still had freedom, and did not understand but
My understanding is that repenting and keeping the law was their opportunity of repentance. Is this right.

I'm sure somebody else will probably have a different interpretation of it.

So what is your message? If its just "this is an interesting passage", I understand. But if not... why do you post scripture?

edit on 20-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

7: And it shall be that every one who will be saved and will be able to escape on account of his works, or on account of the faith by which he has believed,
My understanding of this is that people are saved on account of his works and not by simply believing Jesus died for their sins. Is this right?

The Bible shows that we are accountable to bearing fruit for repentance. Water is the baptism we are here to use as repentance. Although works do not save, they are necessary or faith is dead. Faith that is strong will manifest works as a byproduct. Have you ever met that person that seems to ooze blessing everywhere they go?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

My understanding is that repenting and keeping the law was their opportunity of repentance. Is this right.

I'm sure somebody else will probably have a different interpretation of it.

So what is your message? If its just "this is an interesting passage", I understand. But if not... why do you post scripture?

Your question was concerning few or many being saved. This passage clears the truth up for us. We cannot possibly love those who are perishing more than God. He will make a way where there is no way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Water is the baptism we are here to use as repentance.

Why water? There' so much of it I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so special.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Your question was concerning few or many being saved.

My question was what are the readers of this thread supposed to be looking for in Esdras 2?

10 different people will interpret the chapter in 10 different ways.
If there is a message in Esdras 2 that you are trying to point to, what is it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Water is the baptism we are here to use as repentance.

Why water? There' so much of it I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so special.

Being born is baptism. It is immersion (involution) to become involved with the changing states of matter. Unity descends into multiplicity to then return changed. We rise to new life. Fire ensures that what descends is refined. Water puts out that fire.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Your question was concerning few or many being saved.

My question was what are the readers of this thread supposed to be looking for in Esdras 2?

10 different people will interpret the chapter in 10 different ways.
If there is a message in Esdras 2 that you are trying to point to, what is it?

The truth of your statement can be found clearly in this thread: Instructional Design of Truth

Why read Esdra 2? How about this passage?

36: And Jeremiel the archangel answered them and said, `When the number of those like
yourselves is completed; for he has weighed the age in the balance,
37: and measured the times by measure, and numbered the times by number; and he will not
move or arouse them until that measure is fulfilled.’”
38: Then I answered and said, “O sovereign Lord, but all of us also are full of ungodliness.
39: And it is perhaps on account of us that the time of threshing is delayed for the righteous --
on account of the sins of those who dwell on earth.”
40: He answered me and said, “Go and ask a woman who is with child if, when her nine
months have been completed, her womb can keep the child within her any longer.”
41: And I said, “No, lord, it cannot.” And he said to me, “In Hades the chambers of the souls
are like the womb.
42: For just as a woman who is in travail makes haste to escape the pangs of birth, so also do
these places hasten to give back those things that were committed to them from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is a video on YouTube about the book of Esdras here

This is a quote:

"All of Gods word is not included in the 66 books of the Bible or in ANY Bible that you can find today."

Curious about what the OP and others say about this (I am beginning to agree with him BTW).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

indeed Idris was right !
we call Enoch, Idris. we believe that he is alive in the skies like Jesus and he will return with him. and he was the first man that God blessed him to learn astronomy, writing and Sewing ! right !?
would you lead me to some sources about him or some online sources that you are aware of. or his books.
are they included in Bible ? is Estrad one of his books !?
thank you.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

indeed Idris was right !
we call Enoch, Idris. we believe that he is alive in the skies like Jesus and he will return with him. and he was the first man that God blessed him to learn astronomy, writing and Sewing ! right !?
would you lead me to some sources about him or some online sources that you are aware of. or his books.
are they included in Bible ? is Estrad one of his books !?
thank you.

Book of Enoch is likely your best source.

new topics

top topics

join