It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
who came up with that theory anyway... Mayan date = the end of the World?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
While I can follow rules....this is slowly becoming a pale. vanilla, uneventful place where you're expected to either pat someone on the back or stroke them regardless of the continued lack of proof when it comes to making outrageous claims. The administration and mods seem to be interested more in maintaining a flow of steady content...probably for advertising purposes....and seem to do everything they can to minimize criticism in the hopes of not losing members....rather than to promote reality & truth.

When you post something on the internet, the consequences, scrutiny and possible ridicule should be expected when you are wrong. I believe some people do need to be ridiculed. Some people need to be addressed in a rude manner...because that is real. And because they should be called out on their bs.

Anyway...I will log off....and find myself checking this website less and less with the passing days. Perhaps a new website (Same genre) is needed where the forums are free for all sides to express themselves without the need to "protect" anyone with a plethora of rules.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I challenge you to a beer drinking contest slayer, you game?

Two things...

1.) I'd have to stop long enough for you to catch up and I'm on a roll already

2.) The weapon of choice is aged Scotch on the rocks

link   
reply to post by cheesy

what an adorable kitten.

link   
I # you not, I woke up exactly 00:00 21/12/2012 with my windows shaking and rattling. Apparently there was a chopper hovering right over my apartment. My first thoughts was "Mayans, for real?". Turns out there is search and rescue going on here. Choppers are pretty rare sight even at altitude here. Having one hovering over your house is unheard of.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ha! Thats funny, I will have to check out the one about seeing 11:11 daily. I HAVE TOO! But maybe its because my son has been getting out at 11:11 for a few days (exams) and he eats lunch at 11:11. :pbjtine:

The times I always see often are 11:11, 4:20 and 3:33.

For me here in the States (Tenn) I have about ... fourteen hours and eleven minutes til _______ fill in the blank.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
But....but....but... I've invested 273 hours in my 19 page "I told you so" extravaganza thread. It was going to be my crowning work. It's 274.197 words long. And I spell checked the whole thing....

Jokes aside. Thanks for this Springer! The entire staff is currently feeling a bit like a coastal town just as the arms of a class five hurricane begin to reach shore. We're psychologically hunkered down, windows boarded up, trying to figure out which doorway might be the sturdiest in the event of total collapse.

In the end the members are always the redemption of any and all ATS based red alerts! You all do an awesome job of keeping staff informed of problems and of keeping our little park free of litter and refuse!

The key role you can play, over the next day or two? Simply don't involve in any of the base threads that might sneak onto the boards. "NB4 404" can be fun to post - but it also bumps the bad stuff back to the top of list - tempting others to post "NB4 404 2" and so forth...

As for my personal plan? Despite my most gallant efforts to get my computer infected today - it seems that trolling for BSOD causing viruses, in this day and age, is easier said than done. So I'm forced to turn to "Plan B" - riding the storm out with ATS.

~Heff

link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

I just read the request and it just said "go easy on those that were wrong and to remain civil"

doesn't mean you can't discuss it. imo

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I challenge you to a beer drinking contest slayer, you game?

Two things...

1.) I'd have to stop long enough for you to catch up and I'm on a roll already

2.) The weapon of choice is aged Scotch on the rocks

Most appropriate indeed sir

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Everyone goes to a movie. They purchase tickets, wait in line and file in to take their seat in the dark. An adventure is about to begin and we're all along for the ride. For the duration we will suspend disbelief and enjoy the experience together. The anticipation builds, the theatre goes dark and the screen lights up...

with a preview. Damn, don't ya hate that? Here I was about to enjoy the ride with my fellows and all I'm getting is suckass previews for films I'll never see and a bunch of soda and popcorn commercials.

What a letdown.

On with the show! On With The Show! ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Spock back in 1978

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That's the ticket! Multiformity is whats good. No need to fret!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have already ascended into light, it is a good thing there is wifi in heaven.

link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Yah, anyway. Who is that first person to tell us all about the Calendar Round and its implications? That person is begging to be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail!

link   
Well, all, I am off to spend the night transporting America's grift and greed through the mountain wilderness. I will probably be one of the first to be aware if anything does happen. If I see anything I will be sure to utter the immortal phrase "Damn, they were right!" for everyone here.

I will try not to mutter any other phrases if nothing happens.

Cheers and Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I # you not, I woke up exactly 00:00 21/12/2012 with my windows shaking and rattling. Apparently there was a chopper hovering right over my apartment. My first thoughts was "Mayans, for real?". Turns out there is search and rescue going on here. Choppers are pretty rare sight even at altitude here. Having one hovering over your house is unheard of.

Must have been a big chopper that woke you, (Anglo Saxon vulgar)

Anyway, It's 3.03 AM UK time, so there are twelve minutes to go yet well, at least according to one thread somewhere!
edit on 20-12-2012 by smurfy because: DRuNk.. see above.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA you're still alive, you LOSERRR....oh wait... ummm, you're still alive, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As there will in all probability be some who just have to say "I Told You So" have the Mods limit it to one thread, All others being directed to that thread, with no stars or flags allowed. this will also save on your servers.
Just a suggestion.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Not all changes are obvious. I still cling to the hope that some sort of intervention will save this world from the death spiral in which it is currently engaged, because compassion and empathy are giving way to apathy and hysteria.

I just hope something changes.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I admit that when I wake up after 11:11 UTC tomorrow morning and I'm still alive and the world is no different, I'll be just a little bit happier, aka, I won't be sad. I am hoping all y'all will do the same too.

We can all still feel that change will happen, because it always does. Remember the only constant thing in the Universe is Change....

Lets all just pray for positive change is all I ask.

See y'all on the other side

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join