It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I agree, we all make mistakes, topics and being civil with each other should be the important part. We all know people in our lives that'll jump on the "I told you so" bandwagon, without displaying for the world to see like on this site. Just my thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I, for one, didn't buy into the Mayan end-o-the-world stuff but I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't just a tad bit nervous the night before when I laid down to bed. Truth is no-one knows when the end will be and when you DO think this might be it, you tend to act a bit strangely. When I woke up the next morning safe in my bed, I wasn't surprised or relieved. I said to myself "Right, okay, on with the day." But what about people that truly believed that this was it, game over. They are quite embarrassed enough, I'd say, and don't need people all up in their face talking about "HAH! I told you!!!"

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just had my post taken down for ranting against doomers. I'm sorry, but could you please hear me out as to why doomers need to be called out and called out hard? It is clear that much of the apocalyptic predictions were based on lies and misinformation. And spreading this sort of thing and calling it "undeniable proof" that you have no future besides unimaginable suffering and death is not a victimless crime. Dont tell me people weren't driven to suicidal despair because of this. Maybe some doomers were sincere but just crazy/misinformed. But the majority had to have known they were either lying or whole lot less certain they led others on to believe. They were willing to cause others unnecessary emotional pain in the name of some agenda. And now that we know this (and many could not be certain until the date came and passed) those doomers must be held accountable for the unnecessary suffering they were willing to inflict. They must not be allowed to tiptoe away without consequences. If they cannot suffer legally for their lies, they should be shamed and mocked into oblivion. An example needs to be set so people would think twice before crying wolf in the future.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cypherite

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If I ever achieve perfection -- a state of equilibrium of truth and judgement -- even then I will not become a person fond of "I told you so." Fortunately for everyone, there's no danger of that ever happening, and I intend to enjoy my mistakes as little tidbits of knowlege to be nibbled and the lessons savored, because they are the benchmarks of my life and personal evolution.

Being a person who believes in goals, I have to wonder of the benefit of grinding others under the heel of recrimination for beliefs unrealized. It is possible that you are painting with a rather broad brush; are you certain of the motivation of the majority of the people who discussed the various apocalyptic threads or that they were entirely sold on them? Should we, in the future, be afraid of discussing 'fringe' ideas because of peer recrimination?

One line on my profile reads,

I don't believe in Nibiru, but I can't help following it's progress.
This isn't making fun of those who believe in Nibiru -- it is making fun of myself. I think we can all do with more of that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/1/13 by argentus because: spellin'

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join