It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 - The End of the World, or not... **ALL MEMBERS Please Read**

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Awwwww puppy piles. Adorable...

sorry off topic....but I just had to.

Ok

I'm done now.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Relax, ah that is such a good idea.
Ah, it feels wonderful!

As for the cold winter snap....so...my jalapeno peppers finally bit the dust last night,
too cold. Haha, everything else is still kicking.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by maryhinge

anyone know of the next date yet ?

I wouldn't even bother when the next date was, if this day passes , you should bless life and your family and try to pick up positive things in life together with your family and soon you will forget this whole doomsday event..

peace

it was just a bit of fun but thanks for caring anyway

i will try and stay positive as i have other issues

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I just hope this will stop the nut jobs from trying to predict the end of the world and the loons who actually believe them.

But we all know they won't.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I didn't visit ATS last night because I was out getting hammered. However, when I logged in this morning, I was expecting a torrent of 'I told you so' threads.

I was pleasently surprised when I saw that there weren't any told you so threads spamming the front page. Now I know why.

Thanks for this post Springer, I think you saved ATS from a season of bad will.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I was hoping for a story in the sky. The Arch Angel Michael/Rapheal/Gabriel mixing something in the pan then the Archer AKA Cupid shooting his arrow over EARTH.

Guess I should make a cartoon to see that lolz

~Alienmindflare~

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And of course we shouldn't feel any irritation towards the 'Prophets of Doom' who lined their pockets by selling people all of this hogwash in the first place.....That just wouldn't be christian!

And those of us who suffered mudslinging or were called 'shills' by the 'domesday brigade' prior to their being proved utterly and completely (and entirely predictably) wrong should just turn the other cheek?

You are kidding right?

edit on 22-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

That sounds pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well Dear Springer,

I certainly pointed in January of 2012 that we were not going to see the end of the world in this year, and also that this was just the end of a galactic era and the beginning of a new one, in other words, the finishing of a astronomic cycle to begin the next one.

I think it was quite an irresponsible abuse of the media what created all this phantom of the end of the world expected for December 21st 2012, even I never have found a conclusive evidence that the Mayas were expecting so, and I have talked deeply this with expert archaleogists in mesoamerican cultures.

Now, there is no doubt on my mind that somebody might be thinking that this was possibly just a coincidence, that my negative to predict any cosmic cataclysm was the result that this was an event with 50% of probability of success of failure, since it is also known that I am , besides my psychic abilities, a professional statistician.

However, the fact is that If anybody read my opening post on my own thread on this topic, it can read a lot of predictions for 2012 that are already accomplished, forecasts that were posted with a lot of details, preventing any misunderstanding on what they were representing at future.

There were 13 different predictions released in my thread about what kind of year was going to be 2012, including social phenomena, political events and natural disasters and all were accomplished in this year, following my forecasts with great precision.

So, I was not guessing after all, but very sure of what to expect and to don't expect for this 2012 that is almost over.

Here my thread of beginning of 2012, if you are interested to check it carefully,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, if there is still someone here interested in the topic of the end of the times, if you are thinking if we live on them or not, I suggest you to visit also my thread on that topic at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am convinced that one of the facts that have damaged more the credibility of the prophetic experience is the aboundance of the so called "doom prophets" that are profiting of the promotion of very irresponsible predictions just only motivated by the idea to exploit easily the collective fears, the shock of future or the fatalism.

I would not want now in the shoes of many reputed writers of the New age genre and others related with prophecies that sold a lot on this 2012 in books around the Galatic alignment. It is very easy to predict that their careers are going to experience a terrible eclipse at future. That is a so high price to pay for the big mitake committed in to join to a wave of speculation that was clearly destinated to end in discredit.

Whoever is familiar with Nostradamus or Edgar Cayce knew perfectly that the most we could expect of this December 21st of 2012 is the improvement on our knowledge on the astronomic complexity of our solar system and the galaxy.

A trully and serious forecaster, seer or prophet is the one that is able to foresee the future in all its perspectives, not only in the Catastrophic ones, crossing the barrier of time in all aspects, being able to describe what is comming for us not only in natural disasters but in advances of Science, Technology, social changes, political changes, economic ones, customs, expansion of the civilization.

Happy Holidays, and happy new year 2013, and new long stellar year too!

yours,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/22/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by razor321

Nope. However no one can know the day or the hour, or even the method. An asteroid a few kilometers across could mess up a whole country, but it might not be spotted until the last minute if astronomers didnt see the light reflected off it from the sun, or if say it came from the suns direction. Its only one of many things that could happen that could spell our demise, but it is a possible scenario that could happen and we may not get any notice of it until it happens. The one thing that is certain is that life on this planet will have to end one day, but if its a million years from now, or tomorrow, no one can know.

The people who said the world would definitely end yesterday could not have known for sure, but equally the people who said it definitely wouldnt couldnt have known that either, and theres been a hell of a lot of 'i told you so's coming out lately. Personally ill just keep my ear to the ground and feel safe in the knowledge the ats community is here to draw upon should such an event occur in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It was certain that this time would pass uneventfully.

Relevant questions now are... Can humanity survive humanity?

Will evil prevail?

Can enough of us survive the first quarter of 2013?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
this probably deserves a thread

must watch...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It was all bull. I knew for a while that nothing significantly "world ending" was going to happen on that date. I mean come on! Sense wen has anyone ever been right about a predicted date for an apocalypse? Answer: NEVER! If you check out NASA's web page about the outrageous predictions for december 21 2012 and you can see that science usually helps people in allot of ways.The most significant thing that happened on that date was the planetary alignment of our solar system and some crazy rain storms in my area but nothing on the level of a doomsday for humanity as we know it. This also proves that video that was supposedly from the future showing a series of disasters happening in december 21st 2012 through the 23rd. The video went on the internet in 2007 but it was pulled for some reason shortly after. But I had doubts about it's authenticity and the origins of the video seemed sketchy at best which usually screams hoax. I woke up on that morning on december 21st 2012 thinking to myself well I'm still alive and yet another failed doomsday prediction.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

I didn't mean to (nor do I think I did) indicate how anyone should feel about this, we just don't want a bunch of indignant and rude responses or attacks upon those who thought it was likely.

Make sense?

Springer...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Having just read The History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon the Mayans have got it right for at least the Western World in terms of its conclusion i.e the end of an era they just got the EXACT date incorrect.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Yeh,,I think is many wish it,,it will happen,,like field of dreams en it lol x

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Actually everything went great! No mass killings, alot of hang overs though! The Earth did not even shake any! Still why the strange feelings though?
I do agree, no need to harp, list any bad comment's, or list other possible ideas! We should instead believe we have another chance to grow and become better people.
There are better things to do with one's life now that were all still here! Or untill the next bright idea of doomsday!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Fair comment mate.....Cheers for providing the forum for all this madness, it really is like nowhere else!

Have good xmas.....All the best
Andy S.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I just glad we are still around. I don't care who was wrong who was right... as they say in the military, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. At least I was prepared just in case. The lesson here is, we live in a dangerous world. Make each day count.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
does anyone know what happend to ewok boba and his mother? he was about to post a video on his thread of the so called ascension of his mother - but some mod just up and closed the thread!!!!

talk about anti-climax.... wanna know the end to that story!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join