It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is something strange with GigaPan images..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
hello all ... I just saw gigapan.com website and found something strange there ... person in the picture is cut off half of the body,, I try to upload to this post ..

sorry if this post already exists before ..

i try to zoom in

Who is this guy?

any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Photo mending error. Happens all the time when you make panoramas and the computer tries to "fill in the gaps". I've done it myself in the past.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
^^ what they said.

Also, just for information in case some are not aware,

these giga-pan images, or google streetview, or any of the billion pixel images, etc.. are not single images. They are a collage of individual images that are stitched together. There are no gigapixel cameras.

There was a gigapixel image of London, and I remember people playing a sort of game, finding people cut in half or busses that turned into trucks mid way etc.

So as the camera takes multiple images (multiple cameras also) they're not all taken at the same time usually, so you'll get people walking through a scene, or moving traffic..

But I've seen a lot of people think that someone just points a camera, clicks, uploads to the internet and viola - instant panoramic zoomable image!

join