It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottsburg Indiana School Optional Tomorrow (Shooting Threats)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So the school I go to had rumors floating around today that someone had posted on facebook under an account that wasn't under their name, that they were going to bring guns to school and shoot a lot of people.
He had apparently posted it on the school page's wall, and it was rumored to of said things along the lines of "If you thought Sandy Hook was bad wait until you see my school tomorrow"
I didn't believe the rumors, but there were about 10 cops talking to our principal, and they were in and out of the building all day. My mother received a phone call from the school just now that there will be multiple cops there tomorrow, and every backpack/locker will be checked in the morning. Also, he said as a parent if they choose to keep their child home they can without a problem.

So, this is very near Louisville and Jeffersonville which also had threats this week.
www.whas11.com...

www.wdrb.com...

Scottsburg to Louisville

Scottsburg to Jeffersonville

Also, this wasn't on the local news and can't find it reported anywhere. The facebook posts were also apparently removed from the wall.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

My sister is a senior and there were similar threats/rumors for tomorrow that the administration addressed. Apparently a lot of kids are staying home, but school isn't cancelled.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i suppose a nutter with a murderous side will take any reason too act on it, how sad

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

source

"Due to the volume of comments circulating through social media alleging possible threats against the local school districts, as well as recent events, the superintendents from Harper Creek, Lakeview, Battle Creek, and Pennfield, in conjunction with local law enforcement, have decided to close school and all activities for Thursday evening and Friday, December 21, 2012, while local law enforcement agencies and school administration investigate the allegations."

threats all over the country it seems

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just talked to the ol' man, I guess they cancelled school at River Forest in Lake Station Indiana for just that reason. Of course, If you are familar with the town, it shouldn't come as a suprise. Ok, I was wrong, It was because of the weather. I'm sure there will be alot of kids staying home from school.
edit on 20-12-2012 by thepolish1 because: I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

So the school I go to had rumors floating around today that someone had posted on facebook under an account that wasn't under their name, that they were going to bring guns to school and shoot a lot of people

I guarantee you the FBI was crawling up his butt 2 hours later, they monitor FB.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Good evening SHS parents. This is *** ****, SHS principal with an important message for parents. There have been numerous false reports of violence across the country. The aftermath of Sandy Hook is being fueled by Mayan Apocalypse stress and the high interest of some kids trying to get a day off of school. This has created a perfect storm of concern about school safety. In SCSD2 we share your concern for safety. Therefore, we are announcing tonight an extra layer of security for school operations tomorrow. 1) We will hold school. Unless the weather turns so nasty tonight, we will have a normal day. We will not succumb to irrational fear. 2) We will have a visual inspection of all student bags, purses, and jackets when each student enters the building. 3) We will have a local law enforcement officer in our lot. Our safety team met with the Chief of Police and the Scott County Sheriff today at SHS and we have determined that these steps, although not brought on by any immediate threat, would help us inspire confidence of parents, students and staff. Thank you for your faith in our school, our school staff, and in local law enforcement. But please know that if these measures do not meet your expectation of school safety, as a parent you always have the right to take an absence and keep your child home from school. Have a good evening. Stay warm and safe. I look forward to seeing your kids tomorrow and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I censored his name, not sure if it was a problem but I see how it could have been.

This was from the principal, posted on the school's facebook page.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Havox because: Name

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I really hope this doesn't become a trend. My mom asked me yesterday if she should keep my sister home from school on Friday, and obviously I said yes. It has nothing to do with "the end of the world", I'm more worried about our poor children's manipulated minds and how they might act upon such fears.

The thought of death, especially widely accepted, prophetic death, is simply too much for the more fragile minds to handle.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So far I have heard official reports of the same types of threats cancelling school in CT, MI, and FL....certain towns have officially closed the schools because of threats.

top topics

join