It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Apocalypse Survivors Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Congratulations! If you're reading this then, so far at least, you have survived the end of the world! Take that bad interpretation of ancient Mayan calendar.

On a more serious note, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread for people to kind of "hang out" in as the rapture passes, share interesting doomsday related articles and if the ship really does sink, then we can give each other a heads up.

Some interesting December 21st related articles...

Don't Worry, Isaac Newton Said the World Wouldn't End Until at Least 2060
Worried that a phantom planet is going to smash into the Earth tomorrow? Heading for your underground luxury bunker or taking up with a Chinese apocalypse cult? Don't bother. Yet. According to the most influential scientist in history, the world isn't going to end until at least 2060.

Apocalypse shmapocalypse: the doomsday prophecies that failed to materialise
As the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar slowly ticks over to mark the beginning of the 13th b'ak'tun, enterprising tourism destinations are cashing in on the heightened interest in the Mayan calendar system and its apocalyptic themes.

14 Best Craigslist Ads Of The Apocalypse
“It is highly unlikely the world will end Friday … but just in case you should experience the pleasure of my massage.”

China Is Not Handling the Apocalypse or the ¨Female Jesus¨ Very Well
All around the world, people are preparing for rivers of fire, waves of blood, plagues of locusts and everything else that the Mayan apocalypse could entail. Or at least that's what the Internet would have you think. It's probably safe to say that the vast majority of people on this doomed little planet are approaching 12/21/12 with a sobering sense of realism.

Get involved, we survived!
edit on 20-12-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed "Official" from the title.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Congratulations! If you're reading this then, so far at least, you have survived the end of the world!

I didn't. I'm on the planet Blib Blob watching the meteor on TV headed for Earth.
edit on 20/12/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm going to have some fried chicken in the few minutes. I the world ends then its a good last meal. If not, well I still have a belly full of fried chicken. That sounds like win-win to me.!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So instead of being inundated with 2012 End Of Times threads.

We will now be inundated with 2012 survived threads.

Hey, at least we're still here.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The 20th still breathes on this side of the world. Midwest America, to be clear. Funnily enough, I met a wonderful woman today, so I'm going to be severely pissed if it turns out the apocalyptic rumors were a little more true than false.

And if they are more false than true, I will very much enjoy seeing her again tomorrow. This is the meaning of life - live, laugh...and LOVE.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's 8 hours and 27 minutes into armageddon.

The sun is barely peeping through the crack in the curtains, which are drawn so as to keep the raging zombies out. At least it seems to be working, I've not heard a single zombie.

The coffee has been brewed. Strangely, it tastes the same as yesterday. I would have thought the last coffee I'll ever drink would be far more refreshing... but as it is, it is almost gone and I agonise over this as I stare into the muddy bottom of my mug.

A repeat of E-Entertainment is blaring in the background. I don't know where the remote control is, but it's obvious the world has ended beyond my doors as this is what was on yesterday, and it's almost as if no one is at the television studio to change the video feed. They must all be dead

I'm alone, it seems. Alone in the world, entering the 2013...

Oh god where have all the flowers gone...

maybe I can scrape one more coffee out of the last batch of brewed beans... maybe...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Love is a heartworm entering your heart, slowly wiring it's way through your very essence, so that when you try to remove it, the agony is excruciating.... and you're stuck.

O.o Armageddon please!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sounds great man. I hope the world doesn't end and it works out for you brother.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Your thread is premature.

Breaking News

This just in, it is 12-21-2012 in Lego Land and it has begun!

It is the start of the Mayan Lego Zombie Apocalypse! Flee my little peeps! Flee!! Run like the wind!!!

Yet every where we look in Lego Land it is chaos and carnage!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Exisiting
edit on 20-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join