It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Glyphs at Fallon, Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I know there has been a previous thread about this topic but I believe it deserves a second look out of curiosity. I am making absolutely no claims other than it is on a Naval Air Station bombing range near Fallon, Nevada. You can see the tire tracks of the equipment that brought the items to their position and arranged them in this particular manner. It is the pinpoint placement and unusual appearance that have peaked my curiosity. Any ideas what it may be?

Here are the glyphs from Google Earth.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
huh, that is strange.
Paintballing looks like it would be fun as hell there. Maybe it is something like that? Or for doing urban/cq combat drills.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I've been to Fallon many times in my Navy days attached to F-14 Tomcat squadrons. The only thing I can guess is that these structures are set up like that for urban warfare training, or they are set up like that in order for pilots to easily identify their target from the air. This is a bombing and combat training range. The other aspect to this is if you wanted to set up a secret facility out of the public eye, this would be the place to do it because the bombing range is closed off to the public, and it is out in the middle of nowhere. I agree with the previous poster... it does remind me of space invaders

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Possibly! However, it is on a bombing range. They have been building it since at least May of 2006. Each glyph is about 260ft. X 800ft. in size.

There doesn't appear to be any craters around them that would indicate they are targets.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: add clarity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I was stationed at NAS Lemoore during the Vietnam War and was involved in sending lots of air crews to Fallon TAD. Never had the joy of attending myself!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Naval Air Station bombing range

Target practice perhaps?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is a secret goverment facility for contact.
They have set the glyfs in place in answer to the crop circles......
Now they are waiting for the reply......................

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Who knows, it just could be! Each one is different but they are all basically the same size. I wondered if they were some kind of calibration target for space based weapon or spy satellite?

If they were for urban combat training I would think they would try to make it look more like an urban city with buildings, etc.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: add more comment

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I was stationed at NAS Lemoore during the Vietnam War and was involved in sending lots of air crews to Fallon TAD. Never had the joy of attending myself!

I was also at NAS Lemoore and went to Fallon for ordy practice. It might be just some kind of supply dump? Hard to say. I remember it was hot as hell there durning the day and went down town Fallon at night trying to find something hot.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I was at Lemoore from 1967-69, I was assigned to VA-122 and then to VA 215 "The Barn Owls". I was successful in avoiding both Fallon and Yuma.

The precise alignment and organization into 3 separate but not identical arrangements is just very weird. Also a storage area in the middle of a bombing range? Google shows them beginning to construct the first one back in 2006.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: add comment

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You were there way before me
VA-215 the "Barn Owls" very Famous squad on the USS Oriskany.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I figured you were young, but isn't it interesting that although the equipment has changed the TADs haven't?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yep! I'll PM you and tell ya what I was doing. I don't want to brag here so everybody knows

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What are the coordinates in Google Earth if I may ask?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

39 52'40.98 N 118 23'54.02W

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What's interesting is that the image is from the USDA Farm Service Agency.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Its probably just a mock town for combat training. I did similar things at 29 Palms as part of pre-deployment work ups.

Heres an image from the same spot, but back in 2006

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

How similar? These don't look like any buildings or village/town I have ever seen. It is a Naval bombing range. I also noted that they began building these as early as May 2006, so did the Navy suspend the use of the range for bombing and re-purpose for urban warfare training that far back? The very precise and orderly placement of three of these complex and different objects just doesn't appear to me to represent an urban scene. I know there is a training center that is set up in the desert to look like a middle eastern village where Arab speaking actors add authenticity. This doesn't look like one.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Star for pointing out this very curious arrangement regardless of what it is. It reminds me of the glyph they sent out on the voyager spacecraft and the slightly changed one that appeared in a wheatfield someplace that was said to be the reply to it. Most interesting nonetheless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join