It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Jay-morris
sorry...

its not my country,

Now I think you're starting to get the picture.
Apology accepted.

Er, please quote my full comment. Where did i write that? Im confused!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And United States demand the communist Chinese give up their tanks, so no more innocent people get run over!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

aren't you brainwashed yourself? saying that freedom is an illusion is an oxymoron. once you have opened the doors of perception, everything as it truly is will be revealed. sure one person depends on another, our bodies depend on carbon, and communities depend on eachother. for them not to be armed is an unintelligent descision. weather the community is unsafe, safe whatever, survival depends on adaptability. if criminals have guns would it not be advantageous to have guns and ammunition to thwart them? in order to evolve must we ensure that we use tools, implements, and technology to keep pace with the world around us? if you take away implements used for attack and defense from your inventory does it not make you weaker than those who are armed at the ready? with guns technology has evolved with each era much so has the sword. shooting accurately is a discipline that must be practised in order to survive and be adaptive in this constantly changing environment. those who do not, perish just as unarmed people of recent events. i believe an adaptation from winston churchill would be to walk softly and carry superior firepower. in my time of gun ownership, i have noticed the urge to self discipline and always rethink my community morale and will try to be the best example i can for gun ownership because i reflect my nation, my guns country of origin (russia 1938 we were allies) and others who traverse the rolling hills in which i roam. i welcome you with open arms to be enlightened about the discipline and dynamics of marksmanship and the responsibility of my anscestors passed onto me from ancient warrior cultures of scotland, germany, indigenous america, and others. if you don't believe that marksmanship requires discipline, i urge you to look at the vasili zaytsev wikipedia page. if there is any information i can give to you to help understand what guns are and how they are important i will try really hard without objection or offense to your ancient warrior culture but will defend against any onslaughts of labeling those who have pride within themselves. but first you must give a review of the movie red cliff and how it applies to america today

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I posted a simple question.

What business is it of yours?

Let me phrase it this way..

What gives you the right to criticize and judge others then to start name calling?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
LOL! my my you yanks.... A lot of anti-china sentiment here and it doesn't look good. If you ask any chinese person in china what they think of america, they won't say a bad word. I've been there, and I've asked. Now ask any yank what they think of china and guess what? half will come up with all sorts of crap.

It's a state owned outlet. The US non state owned outlets heap crap on china all the time. But the difference is in the everyday people. They are a culturally respectful bunch. From what I've seen here, you guys aren't.

pfft.

Go to china and see what they're about.

Australia's media wrote the same thing essentially, and so have heaps of other media outlets across the globe. But cue China and look at you guys. haha!

edit: I very much don't appreciate the folks who proclaim "it's not your country". On this site, we routinely comment on issues from all over the globe, and this one issue seems to draw the above comment out every time. Had america remained isolationist like they were pre WWII, then I would maybe respect "butt out, it's not your country". And it would appear that a few of those isolationist tendencies remain at least with regards to this issue, but I'm afraid to say, posters have every right to comment, no matter their viewpoint. I for one wouldn't object to comments about issues in my part of the world, whether from china, yanks, brits. You or whoever has every right to, and a reasonable person would expect it, even welcome it.

Should a person in Texas not be allowed to comment on laws or issues (they are not subjected to) in Montana? Of course they can. Where do we draw the line? hawaii? alaska? how about ex-pats? are they allowed?

It doesn't look good is the least I can say. In fact it looks really silly.

edit on 21-12-2012 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They should ban knives and swords in China see how they like it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So the Chinese are expecting Mr. & Mrs. America to disarm.
Mmmmmm.
They'd be laughing out of the other side of their "collective" azzes if Mr. & Mrs. America stopped shopping at Walmart.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

one bruce lee fan to another. remember the chinese connection at the end where bruce lee jumps at the cops with guns? he dies in the end

Yeah, but when idiots are posting crap like "we should nuke china"
the i will say something. Considering my wife is chinese, my daughter
is half chinese, and half my family are chinese.

I have lived in china, not like some of the idiots.who are posting
on this thread.

You do have a point, some people should consider that foreign policy does not necessarily reflect on the people inhabiting said country. US policy when dealing with foreign countries is not exactly squeaky clean, and this does not mean Americans deserve all the crap that gets lobbed our way by foreigners. We should be ABOVE that kind of behavior not lower our standards to resemble it. Just my $0.02

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They just want to make sure that we have the maximum number of consumers of the stuff they sell us....
a dead customer will not be a return customer
really--
I say we fight back on this foreign attempt to control America...yes,the ultimate weapon
no more WallyWorld shopping!!!

ok-enough humor.

edit on 21-12-2012 by BlackSnake because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's a descendant of the Chinese.

Listen to him.

here's the indepth, historical info on it

edit on 21-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i think the opinions and ideas of the chinese descendants, we call native americans, were superior to the modern version of the chinese government, so i'd rather pay heed to the native americans. thanks anyway.

edit on 21-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
one more video (lol)

took away their way of life, the tomahawk and the bowie knife?
yeah. modern chinese people must listen to their native american ancestors.
you don't want to force the world into a prisoner of war camp, defenseless.
where's your great chief? he just a shill for the new world order?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Knowing our current government, I'm just wondering when American leaders are going to say, "Okay, China. Whatever you say."

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Knowing our current government, I'm just wondering when American leaders are going to say, "Okay, China. Whatever you say."

sometimes old ideas are better than new. not that all new ideas are bad. just some are very bad. the public school system wants us to believe new is ALWAYS better. i'm thinking that somethings, like liberty and freedom, just don't go out of style and never should.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All the more reason to buy a few more assault rifles! Anyone else notice that hi cap magazines are getting scarce?

I think we need a million man armed march (Peaceful of cource) to hammer the issue home!

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
All the more reason to buy a few more assault rifles! Anyone else notice that hi cap magazines are getting scarce?

I think we need a million man armed march (Peaceful of cource) to hammer the issue home!

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Sounds good to me, but personally I believe it should go much farther than just the Second Amendment there are some laws that have been passed and some Executive Orders that really need to be revoked.
At a grassroots level any new movement is likely to be either hijacked or violently quashed using one excuse or another. So care must be taken to ensure that it is a well known peacefull protest. Might even go over better if it was started at a State level first.
But then the people of this country are so out of touch, apathetic, lazy and/or willfully blind unless something affects them directly that nothing will be done.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hey I am from China, what i can tell you all is that this kind of wording is not about american citizens at all, actually it's the typical propaganda article in order to tell Chinese people that how safety for them to living in a gun banning country like China. They never improved the propaganda skill since 1921, most of the grown up people know that if China allow gun free the Communism government will collapse in no time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by clapper
Hey I am from China, what i can tell you all is that this kind of wording is not about american citizens at all, actually it's the typical propaganda article in order to tell Chinese people that how safety for them to living in a gun banning country like China. They never improved the propaganda skill since 1921, most of the grown up people know that if China allow gun free the Communism government will collapse in no time.

Don't get yourself in trouble talking like that! I have a friend in Shenzhen. Where do you live in China? I think you are not in China now, or you would be to afraid to speak like that!
edit on 22-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Don't get yourself in trouble talking like that! I have a friend in Shenzhen. Where do you live in China? I think you are not in China now, or you would be to afraid to speak like that!

I am now in China close to Shenzhen, it's ok to speak out on a alternate site, i guess government shill would never visit ATS. In fact CNN or YOUTUBE are their first concerned.
edit on 22-12-2012 by clapper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by clapper

People say worse than that in China when they don't like something.

Don't try to make people think they can't even talk. That's not true.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join