It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm sure it's been said but I'll go ahead anyways. . .

America gets slammed repeatedly for it's "Imperialism". For preaching to other nations.

Now I'm sure that everyone who slams America is also slamming China as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

LOL
I lived in beijing for three years. Also travelled china.

And yes, i believe patrioism for your country is backward thinking,
and causes more harm than good.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

So you lived in China........

Impressive........

I HAVE 3 Chinese friends, that escaped China's brand of "Patriotism", and poor living conditions...........

BTW, Did you ever tell the Chinese their brand of "Patriotism" was backwards? I doubt it. How about just ONE Chinese official?

I am 100% sure if you did, you would have been kicked out, or sitting in some jail. That's a fact. Your "freedom" to spout your nonsense rests on those whose sacrifice was all about Patriotism, and being free to live in a World where you can say the things you say, and get away with it.

Can you speak freely in China, Iran, North Korea? Can you talk about the oppression freely, or their brands of Patriotism, or Nationalism, without being censored?

Nonetheless strict censorship is widespread in mainland China. There is heavy government involvement in the media, with many of the largest media organizations being run by the Communist government. References to democracy, the free Tibet movement, Taiwan as an independent country, the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the Arab Spring, certain religious organizations and anything questioning the legitimacy of the Communist Party of China are banned from use in public and blocked on the Internet.

Freedom of speech by country

edit on 22-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Having seen how you feel about the China, I am curious how you feel about those that support China while living in the "Free World"

People like...Romney for example that believes in "Sharing the Wealth" or Wall Street Banks that were instrumental in building up China through investments and infrastructure? Or policies lobbied by the Banks that give business tax free incentives to relocate to China?

Does traitors come to mind?
Or perhaps, when there are $$$ involved, ideologies can be set aside, that is until, China comes knocking, and the financial terrorists employ the use of those ideologies to spark patriotism in the serfs to come to their rescue and help battle the "evil commies" that they exploited so well.

Originally posted by sonnny1

I HAVE 3 Chinese friends, that escaped China's brand of "Patriotism", and poor living conditions...........

BTW, Did you ever tell the Chinese their brand of "Patriotism" was backwards? I doubt it. How about just ONE Chinese official?

I am 100% sure if you did, you would have been kicked out, or sitting in some jail. That's a fact. Your "freedom" to spout your nonsense rests on those whose sacrifice was all about Patriotism, and being free to live in a World where you can say the things you say, and get away with it.

Can you speak freely in China, Iran, North Korea? Can you talk about the oppression freely, or their brands of Patriotism, or Nationalism, without being censored?

Nonetheless strict censorship is widespread in mainland China. There is heavy government involvement in the media, with many of the largest media organizations being run by the Communist government. References to democracy, the free Tibet movement, Taiwan as an independent country, the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the Arab Spring, certain religious organizations and anything questioning the legitimacy of the Communist Party of China are banned from use in public and blocked on the Internet.

Freedom of speech by country

edit on 22-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I think ANY Country that doesn't put its citizens first, is a Country I wouldn't want to live in. We all have the choice though to buy products that are not made in China, or deal with Company's that have outsourced jobs, with slave labor. As citizens of America, we do have the choice to change who runs this Country. Problem is many are caught in the two Party system, designed to control us. Our freedoms are being assaulted by these Party's. Special Interests have crippled this Country. Even with ALL of this, I am still able to speak about Patriotism. In China? Not so much, Unless its towing the Party line.......... China has NO problems suppressing its people. ANYONE that says Americas brand of Patriotism is backwards, is putting EVERYONE into one nice little box. Its ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Did i ever say china was perfect? Did i ever say that its only
america that has die hard patriots? And you talk about media?
You think the western media is not full of lies and propaganda?

The problem i am talking about is not just america, its everywhere
yes, even china.

As for not being about to do certain things while in china. I could
pretty much do whatever i wanted to do, same as the thousands
of westerners living in beijing alone. You think if china was as bad as
you say it is, that westerners like me would make a life there?

In fact, i would just like to add, as an artist myself, i saw many
artworks, and also listened to live music (yes, they have rock/metal
music festivals ) that are very pollitical. I even saw peaceful demenstrations
in beijing to do with human rights.

Im not saying china is perfect, far from it, but here is a newsflah for you,
your country is not perfect either. No coubtry is.

You said, why dont i go and live there. Well, i did, and loved living in beijing,
and travelling china. In fact, i will go as far as to say i felt safer in china, than
i do in the uk. Not once did i come across any trouble, while living in beijing,
or travelling china. But one myth i will put straight now. The chinese people
do not hate americans, that is BS. You only have to walk around beijing and see
how influenced it is by american/western culture.

I even had a debate with someone on this site who refused to believe that
thousands of westerners live in beijing alone, and are very happy.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Jay,

Why say Americans "Patriotism" is Backwards? You cant say that, without putting EVERYONE that lives here, into one nice box, and say that EVERYONE'S version of it, is the same. Its ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think ANY Country that doesn't put its citizens first, is a Country I wouldn't want to live in. We all have the choice though to buy products that are not made in China, or deal with Company's that have outsourced jobs, with slave labor. As citizens of America, we do have the choice to change who runs this Country. Problem is many are caught in the two Party system, designed to control us. Our freedoms are being assaulted by these Party's. Special Interests have crippled this Country. Even with ALL of this, I am still able to speak about Patriotism. In China? Not so much, Unless its towing the Party line.......... China has NO problems suppressing its people. ANYONE that says Americas brand of Patriotism is backwards, is putting EVERYONE into one nice little box. Its ridiculous.

You really think your government cares about you, really?
As for always voting in the wrong person. Just proves my
point that most people are conditioned. Even on this site
we had people saying they hated both of them, but they
still chose one of them. What does that tell you?

It tells me that these people in power have you wrapped
round their little finger. When you control people like this,
its a win win situation. Even when they say they are going
to do this and that for the country, which is clearly bs, people
fall for it time and time again

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

“Patriot” is another word that has evolved over time to suit the needs of its users. It is solidly rooted in the soul of America. From our origins as a British colony, the concept of patriotism was chosen to create a collective identity, an intense desire to be a new nation separate from imperial control. The American patriot was a man who would put liberty ahead of his own life, sacrificing all that he had acquired. His family, wealth, and survival were secondary to the concept of creating a sovereign nation and protecting it all costs.

George Washington wrote, "Citizens by birth or choice of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations." Loosely translated from colonial English to contemporary language, the patriot of history was willing to sacrifice everything in order to protect the first principles of our nation’s founding.

In recent years, the concept of patriotism has been confused with nationalism, that blind allegiance to government, no matter how corrupt and devoid of basic fundamental rights that government might be. In the United States, patriots have been characterized as mindless conservative zealots who seek to block all change in order to preserve the status quo. Democrats have used the word to attack Republicans, and liberals use it to attack conservatives.

Progressives and Patriots

Its not backwards. Many don't know what it really is, and what it really means.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Jay,

Why say Americans "Patriotism" is Backwards? You cant say that, without putting EVERYONE that lives here, into one nice box, and say that EVERYONE'S version of it, is the same. Its ridiculous.

I said its not just america, its the whole world, and thats the problem. That's
how governments can start pointless wars because "its for the people" Im not
patriotic one little bit for my country. I see uss as one as a whole, not islands
ruled by power hungry parasites that dont give a crap about you or me.

Maybe im thinking to far ahead, maybe we are hundreds of years away when
we see ourselves as a whole, and not just islands, hating and fighting eachother.
But hey, to makes that change, it has to start from somewhere, even if its small
thoughts from a small percentage.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Unlike the top elite that sit on each others board meetings or Bilderberg Meetings even, the US Consumer does not have the same Centralized Collective of control as these people do where they see what page everyone is on.

The US Consumer is disconnected and alone when it comes to purchasing or not in the "Free Market".
They cannot act on the same page together, and I would wager, any attempt in acting as a collective would be against the financial interests of the oligarch's and a smear campaign would ensure.

The products and services consumers purchase has more to do with "Availability and Price" than with its origin.
The origin of these services has more to do with Government Policies, lobbied for by the Big Banks and Corporations.

In the 50's, American's purchased mostly American made goods, because that is what was available.
American's could afford those products as well, because the Free Market reacted accordingly, where wages and purchasing power were in equilibrium.

In the 70's and 80's, Japanese Electronics flooded the market, and since it was cheaper and available, that is what American's bought. Competing with the Japanese had an effect on the local economy because we were going through recessions then as well. Japan is only around 120 million people though, so we were able to recover.

Today, we are competing with China, a population of 1.3 Billion, that has flooded the world markets with cheap goods, which was built up over the years, thanks to traitorous policies from Banks and Corporations that got TAX BREAKS for outsourcing or moving their business. Everyone has suffered from these detrimental policies except the criminals at the top.

If it is not the policies of the government that is responsible for availability, then where are all the Iranian Goods I wish to buy? Oh, that's right, they have sanctions on them. Well, by golly, we should drop the sanctions, and also give business and banks tax breaks to move there and build up there base.

That's traitor talk though, because the government says they are supposed to be our enemy.
Irony

But Commie China is supposed to be our friend.......lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'll worry about what china thinks just as soon as they quick killing baby girls by the hundreds.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

“Patriot” is another word that has evolved over time to suit the needs of its users. It is solidly rooted in the soul of America. From our origins as a British colony, the concept of patriotism was chosen to create a collective identity, an intense desire to be a new nation separate from imperial control. The American patriot was a man who would put liberty ahead of his own life, sacrificing all that he had acquired. His family, wealth, and survival were secondary to the concept of creating a sovereign nation and protecting it all costs.

George Washington wrote, "Citizens by birth or choice of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations." Loosely translated from colonial English to contemporary language, the patriot of history was willing to sacrifice everything in order to protect the first principles of our nation’s founding.

In recent years, the concept of patriotism has been confused with nationalism, that blind allegiance to government, no matter how corrupt and devoid of basic fundamental rights that government might be. In the United States, patriots have been characterized as mindless conservative zealots who seek to block all change in order to preserve the status quo. Democrats have used the word to attack Republicans, and liberals use it to attack conservatives.

Progressives and Patriots

Its not backwards. Many don't know what it really is, and what it really means.

And this is how your government has you wrapped around
their little finger '(

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I'll worry about what china thinks just as soon as they quick killing baby girls by the hundreds.

And what about the thousands that have been killed through
pointless wars mine and your country have been part off? I have
never said china is perfect, but your coubtry and mine, also has
blood on their hands.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

their little finger '(

WRONG.

It doesn't have ME wrapped around anything. Far from it. Again, you place EVERYONE into this nice little package, and think EVERYONE believes in it. Not EVERYONE in America is as gullible as you make them out to be Jay.....

The principles of freedom, this Country founded, still ring true today. Many have their OWN view of Patriotism. China can go to hell, when they make silly statements like this.........

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

oh, he was quite serious!

Somehow I doubt he has access to the bomb.
One voice out of 300 Million Americans is hardly a consensus of the peoples will.

And look at the other posts on here.
Talk about patanoid!

Yes.

Not everybody blindly supports China as you do. Just as you accuse others of being Brainwashed and full of Patriotism. You yourself have demonstrated a very similar mentality with your obvious bias and unquestionable support for China. This type of "China can do no wrong" worship mentality is actually worse and quite frankly deliriously dangerous.

Any over the top worship for any country be it by it's citizens or outsiders is wrong. Some of us who are critical of China are just as critical of our own Government.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

their little finger '(

WRONG.

It doesn't have ME wrapped around anything. Far from it. Again, you place EVERYONE into this nice little package, and think EVERYONE believes in it. Not EVERYONE in America is as gullible as you make them out to be Jay.....

The principles of freedom, this Country founded, still ring true today. Many have their OWN view of Patriotism. China can go to hell, when they make silly statements like this.........

I never said everyone! But its enough to conyrol a nation. I never
label a country as one. Everyone is an individual. That why i would
never say all americans are like this, or all chinese are like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

blood on their hands.

Sure they do. And if i lived somewhere else, Id feel the same way about america as I do about china.

I will still give no concern to chinese 'demands' when their draconian laws lead to thousands of dead babies.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

oh, he was quite serious!

Somehow I doubt he has access to the bomb.
One voice out of 300 Million Americans is hardly a consensus of the peoples will.

And look at the other posts on here.
Talk about patanoid!

Yes.

Not everybody blindly supports China as you do. Just as you accuse others of being Brainwashed and full of Patriotism. You yourself have demonstrated a very similar mentality with your obvious bias and unquestionable support for China. This type of "China can do no wrong" worship mentality is actually worse and quite frankly deliriously dangerous.

Any over the top worship for any country be it by it's citizens or outsiders is wrong. Some of us who are critical of China are just as critical of our own Government.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I never said everyone! But its enough to conyrol a nation. I never
label a country as one. Everyone is an individual. That why i would
never say all americans are like this, or all chinese are like that.

So why didnt you say Some peoples view of Patriotism is Backwards.....

No you said AMERICAS view of it is Backwards. You lumped EVERYONE into your personal view.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

blood on their hands.

Sure they do. And if i lived somewhere else, Id feel the same way about america as I do about china.

I will still give no concern to chinese 'demands' when their draconian laws lead to thousands of dead babies.

Thank you! You have just proven my point with that statement. So, you say
that you would feel the same way about america, as you do china, if you were
not living there. So, basically you dont feel that way because its your country.

Perfect example of someone who is brainwashed and conditioned!

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join