It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Else Noticed Stronger Subconscious Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by Answer

Originally posted by stars15k
Your question negates itself. A subconscious thought will not be noticed at all. Once noticed, it becomes a conscious thought.

Any way you look at it, the cat will be dead.

Disagree. You can observe and experience things in your head without consciously manifesting them.

I don't know enough about it to have a solid argument, but I've had enough personal experience exploring my brain to say that not everything up there is consciously manifested.

Yet you were conscious when you explored your brain

edit on 20-12-2012 by DPrice because: (no reason given)

If you haven't experienced it, I don't expect you to understand.

The close-minded condescending attitude is quite uncalled for. Amazing how the internet turns people into jackasses.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Your higher chakras are wayyyyy too open especially the crown and the third eye. My advice, close the crown partially along with the ajna, bring the energy down (grounding). Meditation already opens your 6th and 7th chakras you don't need to do any work on them specifically. After every meditation, ground yourself. Eventually your 6th and 7th chakras will "unite" and you will have a better control of how you want to direct your energy. Good luck.

Can you elaborate a little bit?

Allright. I will go in depth here to what I mean. The biggest misconception about meditation and the third eye is people think that you have to focus and be aware of this area for it to open and activate but this is not true. Meditation does not have to complicated, and it is not when you are working with your chakras. The two chakras that are "stimulated" and gradually open is your 6th and 7th chakras. With that said, you don't need to focus on your third eye for months and decalcify it and buy all these junk products so you can see auras and all that nonsense. It activates as you meditate...(automatically). I know this does not refer to your specfic question but I wanted to clarify this misunderstanind most people have. Now, as you meditate more and more the energy is drawn to the higher chakras and you sort of switch the subconscious on which stasy on auto pilot as you are going with your daily life. You might feel spaced out and all these random thoughts are coming into your head and you are wondering why. Well, that's what happens when one is not grounded. So ground yourself everytime you finish with your meditations so you can send the energy down. Eventually this will happen automatically as your subconcious gets used to the grounding method. When one meditates, they are literally downloading info from the higher cosmos. When info is downloaded, now you need to install it...and that's what grounding is for. I hope you understand what I mean now..

I see what you're saying and now I need to google "grounding" to figure out how to do that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Your higher chakras are wayyyyy too open especially the crown and the third eye. My advice, close the crown partially along with the ajna, bring the energy down (grounding). Meditation already opens your 6th and 7th chakras you don't need to do any work on them specifically. After every meditation, ground yourself. Eventually your 6th and 7th chakras will "unite" and you will have a better control of how you want to direct your energy. Good luck.

Can you elaborate a little bit?

Allright. I will go in depth here to what I mean. The biggest misconception about meditation and the third eye is people think that you have to focus and be aware of this area for it to open and activate but this is not true. Meditation does not have to complicated, and it is not when you are working with your chakras. The two chakras that are "stimulated" and gradually open is your 6th and 7th chakras. With that said, you don't need to focus on your third eye for months and decalcify it and buy all these junk products so you can see auras and all that nonsense. It activates as you meditate...(automatically). I know this does not refer to your specfic question but I wanted to clarify this misunderstanind most people have. Now, as you meditate more and more the energy is drawn to the higher chakras and you sort of switch the subconscious on which stasy on auto pilot as you are going with your daily life. You might feel spaced out and all these random thoughts are coming into your head and you are wondering why. Well, that's what happens when one is not grounded. So ground yourself everytime you finish with your meditations so you can send the energy down. Eventually this will happen automatically as your subconcious gets used to the grounding method. When one meditates, they are literally downloading info from the higher cosmos. When info is downloaded, now you need to install it...and that's what grounding is for. I hope you understand what I mean now..

I see what you're saying and now I need to google "grounding" to figure out how to do that.

There are many ways you can ground yourself, find the method that works for you the best. If you need further help, you know where to find me.
edit on 20-12-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
is it possible for one to notice a subconscious thought...... ermm no because if we noticed it then it would no longer be subconscious thought....

perhaps my definition of subconscious is wrong and your title makes absolute sense.......

or not

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
It could just be a placebo effect, you are expecting something to happen and so it does...

Or I would suggest that maybe you had higher levels of melatonin in your blood while you were sleeping. It is produced by your brain. I take it as a supplement to aid in sleep, but it causes some very vivid dreaming as well. Some things have been known to effect melatonin synthesis such as age, diet, drugs, etc...

I wasn't asleep and I'm very familiar with melatonin since I have taken it in the past as a sleep aid.

I wasn't expecting anything... just "letting things flow" as it were. I was in a state of meditation, I suppose.

There are probably a million explanations, I can't say I know what you actually experienced.

I experienced psychosis for the first time several months ago, it turned out to be a reaction to my ADHD medication. Without going into details I have a nearly perfect recollection of the events that took place during that time, including all of my senses. However most of the things I experienced while completely conscious and even going to work never actually happened. In fact my memory of these events is so clear(even now) that I would not believe it wasn't real if it weren't for family, doctor, and coworkers convincing me. In short though... It was a hell of a lot better than 3d TV. The brain can do some strange things, for a lot of unknown reasons, even without reactions to drugs.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not really, unless my subconscious is named Sanaya.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

For the past few nights, it's as though I can tap into my subconscious much easier and visualize images that are unrecognized and frankly, pretty mind blowing. Basically, I do a minor form of meditation and just let my rational brain get out of the way and see what images I can observe.

None of it has really been bad, just unusual. Last night, I saw what I can only describe as the most vivid/"more real than real life" images of a colorful ceremony or celebration. The images seemed to be a mix of Hindu and Buddhist style icons/colors/etc. even though there weren't any clear images of human people involved. For the record, I'm not religious. There was a lot of bright color and I felt an air of happiness, harmony, and general relief. I felt an uplifting feeling throughout the process. Soon after, an ominous feeling came over me, almost as though it was warning me to stay grounded and stop looking at what I wasn't supposed to see.

The night before (Tuesday night) was a bit more... troubling. I visualized a process, very similar to The Matrix, whereby humans were being used as food or fuel of some sort but it was different somehow. Then I felt like I had somehow been "detected" and I had the distinct feeling that I was being pulled through a tube and I was suddenly unable to recall the vision. It was almost as though the memory was partially erased and I could no longer recall exactly what was going on in the imagery.

To clarify, I don't take any type of medication, don't do drugs, and I had no alcohol before either occurrence.

nope. sorry

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If it's sub-conscious, it's not a thought. If it's a thought, it's not sub-conscious anymore.

So what you are asking is contradiction in terms - it's like asking if anyone has dry water (ice is not water, it's ice, just a FYI). If it's dry, it's no longer water - and if it's water, it's certainly not going to be dry. I am sure that in some smart-ass-way it might be possible to wiggle out from this statement, but my main point is clear; what you are asking is a contradiction in terms.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yea i have noticed my chakra has been out of control lately. The other morning my chakra went crazy and started to swell out of all proportion.It only seems to happen when i watch Kylie Minogue videos.I think i need to go and feng shui my shed.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

If it's sub-conscious, it's not a thought. If it's a thought, it's not sub-conscious anymore.

So what you are asking is contradiction in terms - it's like asking if anyone has dry water (ice is not water, it's ice, just a FYI). If it's dry, it's no longer water - and if it's water, it's certainly not going to be dry. I am sure that in some smart-ass-way it might be possible to wiggle out from this statement, but my main point is clear; what you are asking is a contradiction in terms.

I disagree.
The subconscious generates thoughts- conceptualizations, with structure.

Though one could make a difference between a consciously constructed thought and a subconsciously constructed thought.
Though I personally feel the line is blurred, as our conscious mind constantly tries to claim control through creating a justifying background for a subconscious thought... as if it had not originated from the depths.

But anyway, becoming aware of a thought which originates in the subconscious does not make it consciously generated.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join