It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Slams John McCain For Stripping NDAA Of Protections Against Indefinite Detention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) went after Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz) on Wednesday for stripping a provision from the National Defense Authorization Act that Paul and others have said would have prevented the U.S. government from holding U.S. citizens indefinitely without a trial.

"The decision by the NDAA conference committee, led by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to strip the National Defense Authorization Act of the amendment that protects American citizens against indefinite detention now renders the entire NDAA unconstitutional,” Paul said in an emailed statement.

Source

Old war monger John McCain is showing his true colors on how he feels about the Constitution. I'm calling it as I see it here, but how many on the right jumped down Obama's throat when he said he would not sign the NDAA, and then turned around and signed it anyways? Grant you Obama lied, while McCain seems to have never waved from his false patriotic rhetoric, but as a Veteran who took an oath to uphold the Constitution, John McCain is more of a traitor to the people than our current POTUS!

Here is the wording that was changed.......

Nothing in the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40; 50 U.S.C. 1541) or the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Public Law 112–81) shall be construed to deny the availability of the writ of habeas corpus or to deny any Constitutional rights in a court ordained or established by or under Article III of the Constitution to any person inside the United States who would be entitled to the availability of such writ or to such rights in the absence of such laws.

Source

Hmmmmm, Notice, "TO ANY PERSON INSIDE THE UNITED STATES"? Sounds to me like a good out for the conspiracys of American citizens being black bagged and put on airplanes to other countries to be tortured may have some validity after all!

Check out this video.

I would like to say this is political theater as the norm of what we are seeing about the "fiscal cliff", however I am now bound to call John McCain out as the same kind of traitor and dictatorial criminal as I consider our current POTUS!!!

The citizens of the United States of America have no government that represents us anymore!
We have traitors and criminals who's time is running out and are starting to run scared to the fact that the American people are on to them!

Here is a clip I found of John McCain and Linsey Graham that should shock every American who believes in out Constitution......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm OK with this bill being dumped.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't think anyone should be surprised by this. McCain has always been an establishment goon.

McCain, Romney, Obama makes no difference. We would still be exactly where we are now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Agreed! It is just disturbing to me the hypocracy involved in our corrupt political system........I could have put this in the rant section, but because it was new news.................

Ahhhh, why the hell do I even bother anymore. People pick teams and no one seems to care anyways......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yeah what he said. It shouldn't surprise anyone old warmonger McCain is for indefinite detention and it doesn't surprise me Rand is against it. I like Rand but really he is just adding to the he-said she-said game that is American politics. Actions speak much louder than words and all politicians are good for is running their mouths.

It's time for some action.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Strange how a man can go thru five years as a prisoner of war (McCain) and somehow
come out the other side as a proponent of indefinite detention.

Strange how a man can sacrifice his life AND his freedom in defense of democracy
and the American way and then turn his back on those very same ideals he
sacrificed so much for.

It boggles the mind.....McCain must be schizophrenic...

John McCain doesn't need to be making decisions in government...he needs to be under evaluation in a
mental hospital

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Well said, I couldn't agree more!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Ironic isn't it?

But yeah, the sooner we all accept these politicians are literally full of BS and it's really not good for us and we kick them out of power the better because time is running out and it's painfully obvious these bozo's are pushing their agenda faster and faster. They need to go.

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything." - George Carlin.

George Carlin ~ The American Dream

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I care I want every liberal who vehemently disagrees with me to become 35 so they can see how right we are.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Strange how a man can sacrifice his life AND his freedom in defense of democracy and the American way and then turn his back on those very same ideals he sacrificed so much for.
reply to post by rival

I believe that the answer to your quandary about McCain and his defense of democracy, and then supporting this, is that he wasn't defending democracy in the Viet Nam war, but instead was supporting the status quo of those who feel that the US has the right to intervene in other country's affairs.

new topics

top topics

join