It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass murderers just want to be famous.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The mass murders would be far less frequent if instead of plastering their name and image on every possible media that exists, they purge them from existence. Sure, they are mentally unstable, but in the big picture they want to be famous and mass murder assures that they will be. Even ancient civilizations purged people from history. That is what should be done today. Let their existence and crimes be relegated to pure rumor. Let the populace know that it is going to be that way and these events will be drastically reduced. Yes, the rumors will fly on Facebook and Twitter but in the end they will be rumors and not worth the fruitcake committing the crime for.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I dont think Lanza wanted fame.

He just got mad mommy was trying to send him to an institution and took it out on the children he believed his mother loved more than him.

Ban kids.

The copycats in this case would be the attention whores.
edit on 20-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
While I agree with you that the goulishness the MSM exhibits during these things is both reckless and inexcusable I don't think it is fair or constructive to try and boil-down motive to 'they just want to be famous'. That hasn't been proved and everything I have read from professionals that study these incidents indicates that it is both far more complex (especially since mental illness is involved) and more oftem motivated by issues other than wanting to be famous. As witnessed by the hysteria around banning guns, everyone is looking for a simple answer to a very complex problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree it is more complex than one single thing that can be pointed to, but it is a factor and if we want to solve the problem it should be part of the solution.

top topics

join