It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Your Pets Acting Strange? A Question For All Pet Owners

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Oh....maybe...they're trying to tell you to stop smoking?

I love how direct they can be when they want something. My GSD who is sadly gone from us now, used to throw stuff at me when his dinner was late. I often wondered who owned who in that relationship.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
4 cats, a dog and a canary in this house. They are all sleeping in various locations around the house right now, which is perfectly normal for them. Only thing that has changed today so far is we finally have snow on the ground here in Detroit.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Well I am at work now but my kitten was her same sweet self this morning when she came to wake me up. She puts her nose near my ear and makes this breeeepy sound that is low and soft. She ate her breakfast as usual and tried to engage me in play while I tried to make my way out the door to go to work. She's a six month old snow shoe siamese kitten. Beautiful and sweet.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

A normal healthy cat can sleep 16 out of 24 hours.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Frank the Giant cat-snoozing in the sunroom with a poodle of questionable age.

One Aussie at my feet (supervising my every twitch).
The other Aussie is down the hall, no doubt snoring AND farting.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

My kitten makes a sound that I swear sounds like"I dont know" Cats have a large vocabulary for animals. They have many sounds that mean different things. Some cats are more "talky" than others. But hey wasnt part of this porphacy that we would be able to talk to the animals and understand them?
My cat has me trained pretty well already. She sure knows how to get me to feed her.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Never mind the pets. What about the humans?

edit on 20-12-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)
Humans are too unpredictable. Stick with animals.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Nope. The cats still eat sleep and do nothing to earn their keep as always. The dog is the same...lovable and follows me all over the place and barks at the cats.

The cats pay for their keep by being cute and soft to touch. The dog earns his by being protective and making you feel loved. No one is getting a free ride. My cats job is to make me feel good. She lays there while I stroke her back which is soft as silk and warm to the touch too. She's quite a pro too. Cute and knows it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I really love these threads about pets. Humans just love their animals and are not afraid to let others know just how they feel about these furry feathery fishy family members. Its the best thing about being human. How we love our animals.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My dog is pretty normal and she DOES act weird just before earthquakes and here in CO, before earthquakes and 10 min before hearing both the "booming" and "trumpet" sounds, she ran in circles and peed all over the house & bared her teeth and barked her head off (along with every other dog in the neighborhood).

Wild neighborhood animals pretty normal, except for a very large group of ravens or crows (I don't know what they were, but they were huge blackbirds) flying NW yesterday around noon, maybe a group of 30-40.

I'll repost if it changes

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
my pet rhesus monkey has torn up my kitchen...i'm spanking my monkey as i type to punish him

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My dog has been stuck to me like glue for the last 3 days. We had a snow storm last night and now she's sleeping like a baby on the floor. I guess whatever was bothering her is out of her system.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by thov420

A normal healthy cat can sleep 16 out of 24 hours.

Sometimes I wish they would sleep 24 out of 24 hours. The little Female we have can cause so much trouble. She takes things and stashes them in the strangest of places and loves to chew on the plastic on the candies and chip bags. If you throw the wrapper off the string cheese in the wrong garbage can it's taken out immediately and hauled away.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Our two cats are their usual affectionate, addicted-to-Fancy-Feast selves.
The world is calm... too calm... :-P

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nah my dog's been was/is his usual self yesterday,21st and now 5am 22nd.He's lying there fast asleep and content.

If my dog's not worried,neither am I.lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We live in Owasso OK which is a suburb of Tulsa. Apparently there were a couple of UFO sitings this evening which we did not see but heard about. We adopted a 1 year old female Boxer 3 weeks ago and we have had no issues with her going outside to potty or going for walks. All of a sudden she is terrified of going outside tonight. My husband took her out twice and she refused to go potty, instead she kept trying to get back inside. About 30 minutes later the whole family had to walk outside with her and she still was scared to go very far from the door. Finally I had to make her stay outside and she finally went! There was nothing unusual and no loud noises. We can't help to wonder if she senses an upcoming earthquake or if the UFO sitings had anything to do with her behavior??

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

My cats are acting pretty normal, one is preggers and semi-bitchy and the other usually ends up on my chest in the morning staring into my face to wake me up. Nothing terribly unusual, I guess until he started talking to me in proper english with an Iranian accent, but then I remembered that he's a Persian, so I guess that's kinda normal. And that's my 2012 joke for today.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't have any pets but insects & bugs seem to be gravitating to me, everyday I randomly find bugs crawling on me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Okiegirl

It could well be something that she's sensing that you can't, but I've had a few rescue dogs in my time, and have found that even if their behaviour is fine in every respect, if there are issues lurking with their emotions and behaviour, they will start to surface after about 3 weeks in their new home. This seems to be the time they start to relax and realise this is where they stay, and maybe things show that were kinda buried beneath dealing with a new situation.

Hopefully nothing is scaring her, and she might need a bit more reassurance and training to feel secure, although I'm sure you love her to bits already.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

yes she do sometimes woof or ruff

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join