It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L:lol:L what's with all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yikes, no I never said invisible radio waves were released on the 21st. Where do you people get this stuff from?

I was merely pointing out that some things can't be seen and *seeing* "something" seems to be what the naysayers are calling as "nothing happened". This something/nothing business is really getting old. There is no way to prove that "nothing" happened because 1) we don't have a common definition of "nothing" (how many news stories of earth destruction would it take for you? or do you require other "somethings" as proof) and 2) if something happened that you could not see with your visible eyes you might be mistakenly labeling said something as a "nothing" regardless.

@ ZetaRediculian, you were the one that brought up straws to begin with. Again, I was mirroring. Just a reflection.

Why would someone start a blog about "nothing happened"? I guess for the same reason the same people post on ATS over and over that "nothing has happened". Yes, I agree, people create blogs about "insignificant" things all the time.

If you are trying to convince nobody, who are you posting to? Yourself?

@ DenyObfuscation, I never said frequencies were a separate entity from radio waves. I am aware radio waves are composed of wavelengths and frequencies of energy.

To answer your question, since I don't design such tools, I cannot say exactly where they are on the electromagnetic spectrum. I do know it is a spectrum and we can see ultraviolet, infrared, x-rays, gamma rays, radio waves and of course the visible light spectrum among others. As it is a spectrum, yes I suspect there is more "inbetween" as yet undiscovered and/or yet unmeasurable with current tools. To assume otherwise would be arrogant in my opinion. To assume we'd already invented all the things we need to measure everything?!

Of course I was around when all the 2012 "nonsense" was going around (and still is). I have a blog about "nothing" I've been working on for a couple years now (maragrace.spintheweb.net...).

I keep asking what proof will you accept that "something" has happened and I've yet to get a response.

If "nothing" has happened, may I suggest you are speaking for yourself and plenty of others obviously. I may suggest also that if "nothing" has happened in your micro-world, your reality, your perspective that I am sorry to hear that. Every day there is the opportunity for huge change, perhaps, just perhaps all of us "ramping up" to this 2012 "nonsense" was a natural human response to want to overcome the challenges we have ahead of us, such as cleaning up the planet, implementing clean energy sources, being healthy in mind and body (and spirit), educating our children better, ending pointless wars, and generally learning to love ourselves and other beings.

If "nothing" has happened it is because you decided that ahead of time (and are still sticking to it). You still have the opportunity to change your perspective after December 21, 2012 and nobody's going to fault you for it.

edit on 24-12-2012 by anjuna because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by anjuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anjuna
Yikes, no I never said invisible radio waves were released on the 21st. Where do you people get this stuff from?

from invisible vibrational frequency things eminating from the absense of anything happening.

I was merely pointing out that some things can't be seen and *seeing* "something" seems to be what the naysayers are calling as "nothing happened". This something/nothing business is really getting old. There is no way to prove that "nothing" happened because 1) we don't have a common definition of "nothing" (how many news stories of earth destruction would it take for you? or do you require other "somethings" as proof) and 2) if something happened that you could not see with your visible eyes you might be mistakenly labeling said something as a "nothing" regardless.

True, some things can't be seen but are there. Equally true is that some things that are percieved to be there are not there. They exist but only in your head. Quantifying this type of information so that others can understand is impossible. What you are experiencing is completly subjective and personal.

@ ZetaRediculian, you were the one that brought up straws to begin with. Again, I was mirroring. Just a reflection.

did I? I dont think I did but that doesn't change the fact that there are no straws anywhere.

Why would someone start a blog about "nothing happened"? I guess for the same reason the same people post on ATS over and over that "nothing has happened". Yes, I agree, people create blogs about "insignificant" things all the time.
so we are talking about the psychology of why people start lame blogs and repeat themselves while the world is ending due to vibrational radio wave frequencies that can't be seen or measured?

If you are trying to convince nobody, who are you posting to? Yourself?

yes. if anyone actually reads any of the nonsense I post then, well...I enjoy reading my posts. They are witty and fun and way over everyones head and a complete waste of time for those serious about this stuff.

If "nothing" has happened, may I suggest you are speaking for yourself and plenty of others obviously. I may suggest also that if "nothing" has happened in your micro-world, your reality, your perspective that I am sorry to hear that. Every day there is the opportunity for huge change, perhaps, just perhaps all of us "ramping up" to this 2012 "nonsense" was a natural human response to want to overcome the challenges we have ahead of us, such as cleaning up the planet, implementing clean energy sources, being healthy in mind and body (and spirit), educating our children better, ending pointless wars, and generally learning to love ourselves and other beings

Well maybe someone should have organized a music festival or something. I don't disagree with your sentiment. I think the issue with the 2012 thing is that it was surrounded with so much BS. There is nothing significant about the date. It was just a date that focused on and given meaning to arbitrarily. Like for us folk that have jobs, Friday means something. Or a birthday or a holiday.
Tomorrow is Christmas. There will be billions focused on that one day. It happens every year all over the world. A day to remeber some religious figures birthday by giving each other cool things and getting drunk. how cool is that?

edit on 24-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

@ DenyObfuscation, I never said frequencies were a separate entity from radio waves.

Whether you even realize it or not you did make the distinction. Pared down to the minimum necssary:

You can't see radio waves but they are all around us.

(frequencies that you also can't see with the naked eye).

You did. Admit it or at least drop it and move on. If you quit attempting to deny it I would just move on as well.

I'm not going to go over the rest of your desperate and disingenuous drivel again. In context, NOTHING HAPPENED.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Hearing the news of the impending doom on planet Earth on 12/21/2012, Ultraman zooms in at ultrasonic speed and displays his total awesomeness for everyone to gaze upon...

Ultraman, haven't heard that name in many years...

Thanks for the flashback to my childhood...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

namely, breaking free of the magical/psychic-prison/curse/Binding that's kept me disconnected to Source/The Force and unable to use the Knowledge i've accumulated in over 25 years of being a practicing Occultist.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this does explain alot...

not really interested in going over details, water under the bridge/i'm beyond that now. basically, i've Constantined* you all [including my oppressors having taken the bait], into providing the the neg-energy to power my Magic Triangle, in order to "fight fire with fire".

Again this explains alot...

this has me sleeping 20 hrs or more a day.

I am a fan of a good nights sleep, but your saying you are sleeping 20 out of 24 hours of the day?

That is just a little hard to believe, but stranger things have happened I guess....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

I have a blog about "nothing" I've been working on for a couple years now (maragrace.spintheweb.net...).

No argument here. Love your poem " ' Twas the Night Before Doomsday". nibiru, LOL.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just realized that since the collective conscious of the world was focused on this one day where something was supposed to happen and nothing happend, that means the collective was focused on nothing happening therefore ensuring nothing happend collectively. Its almost as if the "collective" willed nothing to happen. Truly an amazing event.

So what we have is a paradox. Something happend which was nothing. I can sense it now.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
I just realized that since the collective conscious of the world was focused on this one day where something was supposed to happen and nothing happend, that means the collective was focused on nothing happening therefore ensuring nothing happend collectively. Its almost as if the "collective" willed nothing to happen. Truly an amazing event.

So what we have is a paradox. Something happend which was nothing. I can sense it now.

Except you'll have to some how figure out how many people it was.

Certainly here where I live, most of the population was like: 2012? What? Oh that movie, right?

In other words, all but a handful of people that I know here in real life didn't even give the 21st a 2nd thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Must have been enough people for Corporations to allot advertising dollars to mock the "Apocalypse". Wasn't really a big fan of Jell-O products, but now I am for some reason.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Most of the people I know in this area you would have had to ask them. Most were busy watching football and not anything docu on 21 December or anything like that. Most were clueless.

Some of them that I told did what I did: a Mr. Spock impression with a single raised eyebrow.

When I told them I spent a lot of time on here debunking doomsday stuff, they'd laugh and asked why I was wasting my time.

'Twas a good question........

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Certainly here where I live, most of the population was like: 2012? What? Oh that movie, right?

In other words, all but a handful of people that I know here in real life didn't even give the 21st a 2nd thought.
Are you saying you talk to actual people and they talk back to you?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

I second this good explanation of providing "evidence" for skeptics. You can't see radio waves but they are all around us. It took the implementation of a tool called a radio with which "skeptics" of radio waves could turn a dial and change channels of various frequencies (frequencies that you also can't see with the naked eye). There are frequencies that we don't even have tools to measure such invented yet; that doesn't mean "nothing" is there.

Your example makes no sense. The discovery of radio waves was an extension of an existing concept, that of EM. Radio waves were known about long before the radio. Your use of skeptic also suggests that you need to look up the word to understand its meaning. Your suggestion of unknown frequencies also suggests you don't understand EM. EM is well understood and the property of the frequencies are also well understood.

I think I'll settle with "Your definition of nothing/something is different from mine" as from my perspective the "nothing has happened" people are the ones grasping at straws, else they would just start a blog and not perpetually respond to posts written by those who see/feel otherwise. Who are you trying to convince, anyway?

The nothing has happened people are those that can see that nothing has happened. These are the people that look and recognize and admit that nothing has happened. There are those that pretend something has happened. There are also those that delude themselves into thinking something has happened.

Had anything actually happened people would point it out. They can't. Why? Because nothing happened,

Is it mundane enough to suggest that maybe something happened for me and nothing happened for you?

Sure. But whatever it was is a personal issue without connection to anything other than the individual. I've already listed some of the issues individuals deal with.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Are you saying you talk to actual people and they talk back to you?

Yah, it's the really cool thing called: Socializing.

Been around a long, long time before the Internets, Facebook, iPhone apps........shucks, my great-great-great-great......well you get the idea, granddaddy used to spend a few hours at the general store actually talking to people.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I never said frequencies were a separate entity from radio waves. I am aware radio waves are composed of wavelengths and frequencies of energy.

There is nothing special about "frequencies" and "wavelengths", they are physical quantities, nothing more. Radio waves are not "composed of frequencies and wavelengths" and more than you are composed of "height".

There are frequencies that we don't even have tools to measure such invented yet; that doesn't mean "nothing" is there.

This is an utterly nonsensical statement. It's a common theme of woo hoos to willingly bastardize science and scientific terminology in an attempt to legitimize their beliefs and make them appear scientific but will run a country mile away from science when it contradicts their claims and beliefs. You can't have it both ways: you either dismiss science outright and just go ahead and claim you believe in magic or you use scientific method to discard beliefs and opinions that are contradicted by reality. It would appear that the latter is too intimidating for some.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry to inform you the "scientific method" is incomplete. It is never complete. There will always be more to discover.

Go ahead and deny and debunk all you want. The fact that you do does not discount the existence of [insert something here as yet unidentified and unmeasurable by CURRENT TECHNOLOGY].

Just because you cannot measure something does not mean it is not there!

Unless you are claiming, like the Timewave Zero theory by Terrence McKenna, that we are at a point of maximum novelty and there is nothing else to discover or measure, that no further technology will ever be developed, that humanity is already at the point of "perfection" then I don't care to respond to the arrogant posts and defenses (including the many misunderstandings of my posts I can't re-explain over and over) anymore.

It's tiresome, it gets old, and if you want to go ahead and blindly think "nothing" happened (and therefore assume "nothing will ever happen") then be my guest. I can see how it might be temporarily more comfortable to live that way.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by anjuna

I have a blog about "nothing" I've been working on for a couple years now (maragrace.spintheweb.net...).

No argument here. Love your poem " ' Twas the Night Before Doomsday". nibiru, LOL.

Oh, and... thanks for the love.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's tiresome, it gets old, and if you want to go ahead and blindly think "nothing" happened (and therefore assume "nothing will ever happen") then be my guest. I can see how it might be temporarily more comfortable to live that way.
I am at a complete loss to understand what you think happened on the 21st. best i can figure you think it was something that was not detectable or understandable.

why do you think that people assume nothing will ever happen? I assume prophecies dont come true. I assume there is no magic and people dont have magical powers. I concluded before the 23rd that nothing would happen on the 23rd and that if anything did happen, it would have been due to random chance anyway. Nothing happend and we are left with imaginary "frequecies".

Are we looking at something akin to a placebo effect? some kind of phantom perception?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Everyone is trying to get to the bar
The name of the bar, the bar is called heaven
The band in heaven, they play my favourite song
Play it one more time, play it all night long

Heaven, heaven is a place, a place where nothing, nothing ever happens

There is a party, everyone is there
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time

When this party's over, it will start again
It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same

When this kiss is over it will start again
It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same
It's hard to imagine that nothing at all could be so exciting, could be this much fun

-talking heads

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And so speaking as a prophet of nothing will happen I am once again proven correct. Nothing happened. You will not smell fear in this post but you may come away with a feeling that I am gloating and in that case you can pat your self on the back because you would be correct ! LOL.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I know many are at a loss to understand. I cannot explain everything to you. You must do your own homework.

The changes that are "starting" now have been going on for several years. It is things like the phenomena in the video above (highly recommend watching Part 2 as well, as it's even more interesting) that will soon become more commonplace, among MANY other things that may currently seem foreign concepts to certain people.

New understandings of physics will be incorporated, humans will start changing on a "deeper" level for lack of better word(s) to explain all the changes going on. It is known that DNA can be changed with words and sound vibration alone. It is known that DNA emits photons and it is known that photons can actually change DNA.

www.viewzone.com...
Is DNA the Next Internet?

preventdisease.com...
Research Proves That DNA Is Reprogrammed by Words and Frequencies

It's known that sound can be used to levitate heavy objects. I could go on and on about what "happened" (is happening).

I imagine most of you will continue to disbelieve, largely because you may not have the background preparation for understanding the new paradigms emerging (and may also be uncomfortable adjusting to it which is a natural response). It's all good. All of this and more will come to you in "time".

Incredible Helix Spiral Appears Over Moscow [posted 26 December] 2012 HD - YouTube
edit on 28-12-2012 by anjuna because: more "proof"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join