It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L:lol:L what's with all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ATTENTION new agers:

Having given millions of your hard earn't cash to charlatans - con artists..
I feel bad that the money could of been used to go towards a charity instead of these people.

Next time instead of giving it to them give it to a cancer charity trust and help contribute to a
real cause you know one that you can see touch feel ....

Denver22..
edit on 23-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't know what your definition of "new ager" is so I can't comment on that. I hope you're not "accusing" me?

I have never called anyone here a sheep or asleep.

I hope you aren't proving yourself the condescending, close-minded one by assuming that *I assumed* you never had any "experiences outside of the box" (again, whatever that means to you, I don't know).

I agree we are all confused at times where others at that same time may not be confused about the same issue.

I have never said that no one had any experiences. That doesn't even make sense. Nor does this silly 5th dimensional stuff you refer to. Sounds a bit "new agey" to me!

David Icke and I presume you mean Alex Jones (?) will be making money off the same subjects they were before 2012 (reptilian agenda and police state, respectively). I don't recall either of them making a big deal of 2012.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
ATTENTION new agers:

Having given millions of your hard earnt cash to charlatans con artists
I feel bad that the money could of been used to go towards a charity instead of these people.

Next time instead of giving it to them give it to a cancer charity trust and help contribute to a
real cause you know one that you can see touch feel ..

Denver22..

Yikes, I'm shocked at this statement. Some of us, myself included, are so impoverished that we can not afford to buy books and other materials from such "new agers" nor would we think to put our money into consuming more unnecessary goods!

Guess who buy those things? "Working folk!" The guy that has a "job" and apparently enough money left over to consume, consume, consume!

Most charities are not true charities at all. Especially the cancer "charity". Please do not give your money to them. The reasons for cancer are many as are the preventions and cures for such. Put your money toward stopping it in the first place. Buy from your local farmer and/or start your own food-growing project at home (one that you can see, touch and feel).
edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

have you noticed how the "prophets" of "nothing will happen" are now backpedaling? inventing scenarios [in other words PREDICTING that something will happen!]

Well I can only speak for myself, but I've not "backpedaled" on my view that nothing would happen.

I have however tried to disprove all the nutso claims about the date.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjuna
It could also be looked at as taking "the easy way out" so that he could work (probably not growing food) to get paid (in common currency) so that he could pacify his wife and kids with "nice things" (like food hopefully!) so that he could use the rest of his time beating dead things on a forum, as he has as much admitted.

Believe me, I am no great example in practice (yet) and I'm sure my story could be critiqued in greater detail.

I'm just trying to make the point that some people are actively trying to change infrastructure, power structure, on a grand scale and others are "just" trying to feed their families but inadvertently can't help but also support the status quo at the same time. I am not arguing that feeding one's family isn't important. But I am saying there are other things more important that must come prior to this for *sustainability*. There is more than one way to feed a family.
ohhhhh.....yes of course. I knew a lot of hippies back in the day. so i should quit my job and home school my kids and tell them we are donating all their gifts? because the only way to make 2012 a reality is to quit your job and grow things for food?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

having used the negative energies harvested from the "prophets" of "nothing will happen" and the Principle of "Like Attracts Like" to draw even more negative energies which were focused by the vertex of the bermuda triangle to shatter the mystic prison i've been in for the last 20 years [fighting fire with fire as it were]!!!

.......So you are a comic book character that was trapped in the Bermuda Triangle that was "released" by people being correct in saying nothing will happen on 12/21/12?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Huh? Last time I checked 2012 was a reality. It's the Gregorian numerical year we are now in. Welcome.

I am not telling you you should do anything.

I don't think public schools are all that great by and large, but if your kids are smart enough they'll question what they are taught regardless, hopefully research things on their own, and I think this is a VERY healthy attitude. (Conversely, if you did home school them, I should hope maybe even YOU would learn something new.)

I think we should and will all eventually have to grow something. If only to trade with others growing something else we need that we could not grow ourselves. People already donate gifts for children in need but I don't believe the children are in need of such "gifts" (as in lots of toys). What the next generation of children needs is the gift of growing up in a world without poverty and war and hunger and pollution. Not in a world where parents perpetuate the status quo unwittingly, but where parents advocate change and help pioneer those changes.

The recycling "fad" was a success and I believe we can elicit much bigger changes. Let's overthrow Monsanto!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjuna
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Huh? Last time I checked 2012 was a reality. It's the Gregorian numerical year we are now in. Welcome.

I am not telling you you should do anything.

I don't think public schools are all that great by and large, but if your kids are smart enough they'll question what they are taught regardless, hopefully research things on their own, and I think this is a VERY healthy attitude. (Conversely, if you did home school them, I should hope maybe even YOU would learn something new.)

I think we should and will all eventually have to grow something. If only to trade with others growing something else we need that we could not grow ourselves. People already donate gifts for children in need but I don't believe the children are in need of such "gifts" (as in lots of toys). What the next generation of children needs is the gift of growing up in a world without poverty and war and hunger and pollution. Not in a world where parents perpetuate the status quo unwittingly, but where parents advocate change and help pioneer those changes.

The recycling "fad" was a success and I believe we can elicit much bigger changes. Let's overthrow Monsanto!
ok. now i am completely bored and any last remnants of anything interesting is now fading into oblivion...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i see a lot of folks aren't getting it/didn't read/don't know what they're talking about.

once again, by taking advantage of all the negative energies/Forces [and later some positive ones] at play, themselves focused on the date of 12/21/12, and the ATS 2012 forum

i've put them to use for myself,

to effectuate Change, According to My Will.

namely, breaking free of the magical/psychic-prison/curse/Binding that's kept me disconnected to Source/The Force and unable to use the Knowledge i've accumulated in over 25 years of being a practicing Occultist.
with the exception of sacrifice, [as in 4 of the 5 identities/lives i used to have], or in emergencies , blood-letting.

i've refered to this as "my Dark Night of The Soul" in other posts

just wanted to clear up the following: an examination of my posts will show that i never claimed the world was going to end, just the age/aeon/the way things are; nor was i claiming to be about to ascend, a bird can't fly if its wings are bound, can it?
just esoterically trolling the trolls for the build up to the 21st
as well as posting info/experiences to lure those responsible for my condition, without giving away my [general] location until the last minute.
between the time it'll take them to find me and my "Shield of Deception" which has made me invisible to their mystic probes these last 20 years, i'll have fully recovered...

And then there will be a Reckoning indeed.

not really interested in going over details, water under the bridge/i'm beyond that now. basically, i've Constantined* you all [including my oppressors having taken the bait], into providing the
the neg-energy to power my Magic Triangle, in order to "fight fire with fire".
i did underestimate the power required and have been slightly hurt
but the crippling ennui is gone, replaced by a Delicious Languor,recognized as the protective physical weakness that comes upon the Body when it is absorbing massive amounts of power/energy; the body shuts down what is not essential and focuses on absorbing and storing, sort of like after you've had a very large [and very enjoyable] meal; multiplied by a factor of billions in my case, this has me sleeping 20 hrs or more a day.

*[or Magic-Pwnt if you prefer]

as i said before: you are no longer of use [or interest] to me,
skat!

further effrontery and presumptuousness shall be dealt with appropriately
[hewing to T&C]
@BlueMule
well met!

@anjuna
oh noble daughter of Kunti...
[at 1st i thought your u-name was Arjuna
] i'd keep away from those rackshas,
haters gonna hate.

@ManjushriPrajna
lol, more power to you.
oh wait...

[hopefully you're not forgetting to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth when meditating]

@ Chamberf=6
"father, forgive him. he knows not what he speaks of... "

@LesMisanthrope

I especially like how you're absorbing energy from what looks to be a throbbing phallic cloud of some sorts

umm no, the ani-gif represents the focused blast of negative energy
the energy absorption was the 22nd after my "breakout"
note the binding doesn't crack 'till 3 frames later.

the thing about phallic symbols/objects/shapes:
once you start looking for them, you can't stop seeing them
i take it that's the case with you?

@Chadwickus
L
L, chad, energy flux confusing you these days?
orgone is an energy/force mate, and i know you know better.
fosters or guiness?

@DenyObfuscation
lol, i'm more an Elric and Hawkmoon fan
and a Dancers at the End of Time or two.

regarding cartoons,
lol,
you're not really one to be talking, eric

DerepentLEstranger,
Chillin in my Astral Cocoon
edit on 23-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 23-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: not worth the bother

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

All of the "nothing will/has happen/ed" people sound equally as "loony" as the people they labeled as such who thought/think "something" has/will happen/ed.

So the ones that are rational, skeptical, not self deluded, demand evidence, can separate fact from fiction are loony? LOL.

Honestly, what is your definition of "nothing" anyway?

Obviously, you are grasping at straws. By nothing it is meant that nothing out of the ordinary happens. None of the rather ludicrous claims such as triple DNA strands will happen. The claim of a mega-quake is also ludicrous. A second Sun is ludicrous. The list goes on and on. Nothing like that happened or will happen.

If an anomalous event happened in one small part of the world (or galaxy, or universe), would that mean to you "nothing" had happened?

Did anything happen? No. Again grasping at straws.

A legitimate question for the "nothing will/has happen/ed" people would be: what did YOU expect to happen (so that you would then have an excuse to label anything happening as "nothing")?

I believe that has been answered many times. The answer is nothing. Guess what the nothings were correct.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

Nothing happened for you. Well that's too bad you can't notice the world around you and the universe you are in.

Those claiming nothing were right. Had there been anything you'd have mentioned it. The absence of a mention of anything at all is obvious.

So why are you still posting in this thread?

Because this is an open forum. If you don't want responses start a blog.

If "nothing" happened in your experience, it probably was BECAUSE you had to get back to work and shopping.

Sad.

Your lack of mentioning anything at all to counter the claim of nothing is obvious. If you actually have any evidence to suggest nothing was an incorrect answer then please describe that issue.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

"2012" (whatever that is) was/is/will be a time of action for shamans, mystics, pilgrims. The fruits of those psychic actions grow in the collective unconscious. That's where the "golden age" transformations of global consciousness are made.

I challenge you to provide any evidence at all that anything done by shamans, mystics, or pilgrims has any effect at all. Inf act, the evidence is quite clear that praying, meditating, and whatever has no effect on anything at all outside of the limited scope of the individual.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

It's also possible that any such "proof" would be outside of your current level of understanding. This is not a criticism or judgement, just something that goes for all of us.

A poor excuse for a failure to support the position that something did happen.

Such a poor excuse was used by proponents of mesmerism and N-rays to counter the failure of what they claimed were scientific studies. It's the false delusion of being better than others. It is usually the end stage of the individual recognizing their position as failed. It's a stop gap measure.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

"2012" (whatever that is) was/is/will be a time of action for shamans, mystics, pilgrims. The fruits of those psychic actions grow in the collective unconscious. That's where the "golden age" transformations of global consciousness are made.

I challenge you to provide any evidence at all that anything done by shamans, mystics, or pilgrims has any effect at all. In fact, the evidence is quite clear that praying, meditating, and whatever has no effect on anything at all outside of the limited scope of the individual.

Presenting a skeptic with evidence is easy. What isn't so easy is seeing to it that the skeptic treats the evidence fairly. Treating it fairly takes time and effort. Rarely do skeptics want to put in time and effort...it's so much easier to just hand-wave it away, isn't it?

I've spent years studying the body of parapsychological evidence and I've barely scratched the surface. I know the evidence is solid, I don't need anyone to determine that for me. I've also seen veridical psychic functioning first-hand many times. My standards of evidence have been met. It is the psychic functioning of shamans, mystics, and pilgrims that penetrates time and space, reaches into the collective unconscious, and exerts influence.

The standards of a motivated skeptic can never be met. They just filter information out to preserve their belief-system. If they can't do that, they just raise their inner bar higher, move goal-posts. Double-standards. It's only human.

What's the use of presenting a motivated skeptic with evidence that contradicts their belief-system? It's about the same as that of presenting a creationist with evidence that the earth is older than they think. Have you ever tried to do that? How did it go?

Psychic functioning or psi for short is a universal common denominator in world myth and religion. It's an archetype of the collective unconscious. It's the archetype of mana. Where it goes, the archetype of the trickster follows closely. Understanding this is necessary in order to understand how to approach the topic. So if you are really serious about wanting evidence, then the place to start is reading this.

The Trickster and the Paranormal

So consider the task of reading this book in full my challenge back to you. Read it or bust.

a book review

edit on 24-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
i see a lot of folks aren't getting it/didn't read/don't know what they're talking about.

once again, by taking advantage of all the negative energies/Forces [and later some positive ones] at play, themselves focused on the date of 12/21/12, and the ATS 2012 forum

i've put them to use for myself,

to effectuate Change, According to My Will.

namely, breaking free of the magical/psychic-prison/curse/Binding that's kept me disconnected to Source/The Force and unable to use the Knowledge i've accumulated in over 25 years of being a practicing Occultist.
with the exception of sacrifice, [as in 4 of the 5 identities/lives i used to have], or in emergencies , blood-letting.

i've refered to this as "my Dark Night of The Soul" in other posts

just wanted to clear up the following: an examination of my posts will show that i never claimed the world was going to end, just the age/aeon/the way things are; nor was i claiming to be about to ascend, a bird can't fly if its wings are bound, can it?
just esoterically trolling the trolls for the build up to the 21st
as well as posting info/experiences to lure those responsible for my condition, without giving away my [general] location until the last minute.
between the time it'll take them to find me and my "Shield of Deception" which has made me invisible to their mystic probes these last 20 years, i'll have fully recovered...

And then there will be a Reckoning indeed.

not really interested in going over details, water under the bridge/i'm beyond that now. basically, i've Constantined* you all [including my oppressors having taken the bait], into providing the
the neg-energy to power my Magic Triangle, in order to "fight fire with fire".
i did underestimate the power required and have been slightly hurt
but the crippling ennui is gone, replaced by a Delicious Languor,recognized as the protective physical weakness that comes upon the Body when it is absorbing massive amounts of power/energy; the body shuts down what is not essential and focuses on absorbing and storing, sort of like after you've had a very large [and very enjoyable] meal; multiplied by a factor of billions in my case, this has me sleeping 20 hrs or more a day.

*[or Magic-Pwnt if you prefer]

as i said before: you are no longer of use [or interest] to me,
skat!

further effrontery and presumptuousness shall be dealt with appropriately
[hewing to T&C]
@BlueMule
well met!

@anjuna
oh noble daughter of Kunti...
[at 1st i thought your u-name was Arjuna
] i'd keep away from those rackshas,
haters gonna hate.

@ManjushriPrajna
lol, more power to you.
oh wait...

[hopefully you're not forgetting to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth when meditating]

@ Chamberf=6
"father, forgive him. he knows not what he speaks of... "

@LesMisanthrope

I especially like how you're absorbing energy from what looks to be a throbbing phallic cloud of some sorts

umm no, the ani-gif represents the focused blast of negative energy
the energy absorption was the 22nd after my "breakout"
note the binding doesn't crack 'till 3 frames later.

the thing about phallic symbols/objects/shapes:
once you start looking for them, you can't stop seeing them
i take it that's the case with you?

@Chadwickus
L
L, chad, energy flux confusing you these days?
orgone is an energy/force mate, and i know you know better.
fosters or guiness?

@DenyObfuscation
lol, i'm more an Elric and Hawkmoon fan
and a Dancers at the End of Time or two.

regarding cartoons,
lol,
you're not really one to be talking, eric

DerepentLEstranger,
Chillin in my Astral Cocoon
edit on 23-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment
so you ARE a cartoon character that gets their magical powers from posts on ATS,

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by stereologist

I challenge you to provide any evidence at all that anything done by shamans, mystics, or pilgrims has any effect at all. In fact, the evidence is quite clear that praying, meditating, and whatever has no effect on anything at all outside of the limited scope of the individual.

Presenting a skeptic with evidence is easy. What isn't so easy is seeing to it that the skeptic treats the evidence fairly. Treating it fairly takes time and effort. Rarely do skeptics want to put in time and effort...it's so much easier to just hand-wave it away, isn't it?

I've spent years studying the body of parapsychological evidence and I've barely scratched the surface. I know the evidence is solid, I don't need anyone to determine that for me. I've also seen veridical psychic functioning first-hand many times. My standards of evidence have been met. It is the psychic functioning of shamans, mystics, and pilgrims that penetrates time and space, reaches into the collective unconscious, and exerts influence.

The standards of a motivated skeptic can never be met. They just filter information out to preserve their belief-system. If they can't do that, they just raise their inner bar higher, move goal-posts. Double-standards. It's only human.

What's the use of presenting a motivated skeptic with evidence that contradicts their belief-system? It's about the same as that of presenting a creationist with evidence that the earth is older than they think. Have you ever tried to do that? How did it go?

Psychic functioning or psi for short is a universal common denominator in world myth and religion. It's an archetype of the collective unconscious. It's the archetype of mana. Where it goes, the archetype of the trickster follows closely. Understanding this is necessary in order to understand how to approach the topic. So if you are really serious about wanting evidence, then the place to start is reading this.

The Trickster and the Paranormal

So consider the task of reading this book in full my challenge back to you. Read it or bust.

a book review

edit on 24-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I second this good explanation of providing "evidence" for skeptics. You can't see radio waves but they are all around us. It took the implementation of a tool called a radio with which "skeptics" of radio waves could turn a dial and change channels of various frequencies (frequencies that you also can't see with the naked eye). There are frequencies that we don't even have tools to measure such invented yet; that doesn't mean "nothing" is there.

I think I'll settle with "Your definition of nothing/something is different from mine" as from my perspective the "nothing has happened" people are the ones grasping at straws, else they would just start a blog and not perpetually respond to posts written by those who see/feel otherwise. Who are you trying to convince, anyway?

Is it mundane enough to suggest that maybe something happened for me and nothing happened for you?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

So there were invisible radio waves that were released on the 21st?

as from my perspective the "nothing has happened" people are the ones grasping at straws,

the straws aren't even there.

else they would just start a blog and not perpetually respond to posts written by those who see/feel otherwise.

why would someone start a blog about nothing? aren't there a billion of those already?

Who are you trying to convince, anyway?

nobody
edit on 24-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

You can't see radio waves but they are all around us. It took the implementation of a tool called a radio with which "skeptics" of radio waves could turn a dial and change channels of various frequencies (frequencies that you also can't see with the naked eye).

"Frequencies" is just a term for one particular measurement of an EM wave. Wavelength would be another one. It is not as if "frequencies" are some entity separate from the radio waves you're talking about.

There are frequencies that we don't even have tools to measure such invented yet; that doesn't mean "nothing" is there.

Are these too high or too low for us to measure? How do you know they are there?

I think I'll settle with "Your definition of nothing/something is different from mine" as from my perspective the "nothing has happened" people are the ones grasping at straws, else they would just start a blog and not perpetually respond to posts written by those who see/feel otherwise.

Settle with that if you like but you must realize you are the one grasping at straws here. "Nothing happened" within the context of all of the predictions regarding 12/21/12. You obviously can't accept that nor can you provide evidence that something did.

Were you around for all of the nonsense that was going around about the date?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hearing the news of the impending doom on planet Earth on 12/21/2012, Ultraman zooms in at ultrasonic speed and displays his total awesomeness for everyone to gaze upon...

Ready for action with his beam thing that comes out of his forearm somehow when he touches his arms together, he shoots at the thing that was supposed to be there.

...as he discovers that there is nothing there except for vague claims of some sort of frequency vibration thing that is niether here nor there or even worth thinking about for long....he summons up all the negative energy brought on by bizarre ATS posters....and goes surfing.

Ultraman
edit on 24-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join