It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American coins and something odd about them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So I wasn't sure where to post this or if its even worth mentioning but I am mentioning it anyways.

I've noticed recently that every coin except the penny the heads of the presidents are facing left. The penny the head is facing right. I don't know how to exactly search this on google like the words to put so thats why I came here with it to see if anyone else can find out what the reason is for it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

There you go!

Why does the portrait of Abraham Lincoln on the penny face to the right when all other portraits of presidents on U.S. circulating coins face to the left? The likeness of President Lincoln on the penny is an adaption of a plaque executed by Victor David Brenner, an outstanding portraitist and sculptor. President Theodore Roosevelt was so impressed with Mr. Brenner's design of a Lincoln plaque that he recommended to the Secretary of the Treasury that the design be placed on a coin to be issued in the Lincoln Centennial Year, 1909.

source
edit on 20/12/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

If you can find the portrait it would make that source more valid but it just seems unlikely.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you can find the portrait it would make that source more valid but it just seems unlikely.

Really??

You don't consider the US Mint to be a valid source?

How's about you look for the portrait?.....took me all of 2 secs to find the answer for you!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

nope because first of all i've never heard of the site, and secondly its probably run by the government and we all know how the government loves to lie to us.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Seeing how you appear to be struggling with google

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

yea i can't do google good, i've always had problems with it, but thanks. Idk it just seems odd that the rest are all left facing, maybe its just me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

nope because first of all i've never heard of the site, and secondly its probably run by the government and we all know how the government loves to lie to us.

You've never heard of the United States Mint?........incredible!

Tell you what.....why do you think the President is looking to the right?

Why would the government lie about this?......you've not really thought any of this through at all have you?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So what you are saying is you want this to be a conspiracy and any answer other than that would be unsatisfactory.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

no it just seems odd is all I was saying, and like I said I didn't know where to post this, if there was an off topic thread for the US i woulda posted it there but I figured this was the best place to put it. I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts on why it was like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

You've never heard of the United States Mint?........incredible!

Tell you what.....why do you think the President is looking to the right?

Why would the government lie about this?......you've not really thought any of this through at all have you?

agreed

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

So what you are saying is you want this to be a conspiracy and any answer other than that would be unsatisfactory.

In a way it would be a fun conspiracy if there were something more to it. I always find mysterys fun I don't know... I just am a bored person that things like conspiracies keep me occupied.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe it was just his better side?

new topics

top topics

join