It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan end-of-world rumors prompt Michigan officials to close 33 schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
33 dead, 15 injured in Virginia Tech shootings
Hurricane Sandy's U.S. death toll climbs to 33
edit on 20-12-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope
you play wow redmoon? if so what server?

Haven't played in a few months but I am on Vashj Horde side and Azjol-Nerub Alliance side.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Everything comes to an end
Bye

Cran

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Why is it always .... 33 ???

Noticed that too. Always 33, but you beat me to the comment

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Isn't it the 21st some where in the world right now?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it. Thanks.

This has gone way overboard.

More than 30 Michigan schools closed for the holidays two days early, in part because the Mayan calendar predicts the world will end on Friday, an official said.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

I understand the hype, and to some extent the fear that somethings can happen that we have no control over but this is ridiculous.

The Mayan calendar ends so the whole world goes into a panic, excuse me? Sorry to disillusion everyone but the calendar is cyclical, like every other calendar in the world, IT STARTS OVER!.

Now this could be from fear that someone might want to imitate one of the various school shootings or bombings but all that would require is an armed security guard or two on the grounds.

My two cents
Go ahead flame away.

You beat me to it! I was going to post this on ATS because if I was laughing so hard at the article, did a quick search first and then *Wah wah wah* There it was. Man.

Truthfully I think this is like a "Senior Skip Day" think except for the teachers. They wanted an extra vacation day, but this is the excuse they're handing out. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The Mayan calendar ends so the whole world goes into a panic, excuse me? Sorry to disillusion everyone but the calendar is cyclical, like every other calendar in the world, IT STARTS OVER!.

actually the dollar bil pyramid is a cypher for the same exact date
and egyptology has the same date within it...
the i-ching Terrence McKenna decoded into his timewave zero also plots this date..

it's marking a point in time where somethign will "change" ..meaning that the world "you knew" will "change"
so that will be the end of the world as you "knew it" to be...

this is the return of the kundalini force up the spine for many people...
baptizing their pineals in light (eye of horus on top the pyramid enilghtening)...
this causes metamorphosis from human to god-man

people will have super powers..

as for tsunamis and earthquakes... well man.. they're already gotten pretty bad so if they keep on going the way they have been then there.. you have your cataclysm.. in spurts

but not about the world being destroyed.. let go of that and stop reacting to it as if it's the only thin you've ever heard about it.. if it is then you haven't done your freaking homework..
it's about people getting super powers.. keep this in mind at all times.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Actually all it is is the solar system we happen to occupy, passing through the galatic "equator" so to speak.

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997).

Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I would also differ with this in that 72 years per degree of a circle equals 25,920 years and this allignment would happen twice in that time period.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

so this.....

in part because the Mayan calendar predicts the world will end on Friday, an official said
........is not actually there..

shove it bub.....this is unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by prevenge

Actually all it is is the solar system we happen to occupy, passing through the galatic "equator" so to speak.

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997).

Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I would also differ with this in that 72 years per degree of a circle equals 25,920 years and this allignment would happen twice in that time period.

72 stones in the pyramid on the dollar bill my friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My children attend school in Genesee county Michigan.Genesee County closed all schools in its district for Thursday and Friday.The reason for this was because high school students were posting on social networking sites and encouraging each other to bring weapons to school and start "end of the world student revolts" at all the high schools..Two students also texted fake shooting reports,one of the teens actually texted his MOM this(the fake shooting) and I think she called 911. So, they just decided in light of CT shooting and end of the world craze to just close up early.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join