It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens evacuated after chemical spill in Turtle Lake, WI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Dozens evacuated after chemical spill in Turtle Lake, WI

www.kare11.com

TURTLE LAKE, Wis. - Dozens of employees and residents were evacuated after reports of a chemical spill in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin Thursday.

WEAU TV reports that 60 people were evacuated after the spill at Sanmina-SCI Enclosure Systems just after 11 a.m. Nearly a dozen of them were suffering from minor respiratory issues.

Authorities responding to the spill evacuated the Samina building plus two more nearby, one of which is a senior center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
kstp.com
www.weau.com

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hazmat teams, doctors and nurses from area hospitals were sent there and three counties worth of deputies responded to the chemical plant. I work in the building next door to this plant and we were all evacuated as well. They blocked off several city blocks around the plant and still have it barricaded now. One of the city workers blocking off a street said it was some sort of acid spill in the plant. About a dozen people were taken away in ambulances.

www.kare11.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

sounds like zombie quarantining to me

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wait, what happens if the chemical mixes in with the Wisconsin blizzard?

That's a bad combo!!!

edit on 20-12-2012 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

We're right on the edge of the blizzard, we only got an inch of snow and it's already stopped. Everywhere south, dumped on, everywhere north, nothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It begins?

Talk about bad timing....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How come they very rarely tell people what the chemical is?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
How come they very rarely tell people what the chemical is?

I knoes. I'm wondering if it's hydrofluoric...something used in plating?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm still trying to find that out. The most recent word is that sheriff's department still trying to figure out what chemical it was. How do they not know that by now?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Looks like hydrochloric acid spill was the cause. Fumes were contained to within the plant. No significant injuries but five people were taken to hospital with respiratory irritation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My building, right next door to the plastics plant, was evacuated for about three hours until they cleared out the air in that plant, then it was an all clear. Five people were taken to hospital with respiratory irritation and the rest of the 60 people were taken to the high school gym where they were evaluated and then released. Talked to a lady in another office next to mine said she been working there 20 years and never has anything like that happened there, then she says that it had to be on this day (the 20th), with a chuckle, but you could tell her nerves were shot.

top topics

join