It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind blowing .from south to north - is this normal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One, wasn't sure where to put this, thus the Grey Area. Two, this post has NOTHING to do with the 12/21/2012 thing.

I just went out for a cig and the wind was blowing a bit. Actually a gust blew open the neighbor's door and blew the cherry off my cigarette. Thinking "wow, it's kinda windy today" I looked up into the sky. Now, I've been around for over 30 years and I cannot recall a time I've seen this type of cloud movement before. It's probably happened and maybe I just didn't notice but... the clouds (not just some but all) are moving from south to north. And I mean directly north... not northeast like I've seen before... not northwest like during a thunderstorm. But dead north.

Could someone please explain this weather pattern to me? I'd like to know if it has a name or how common or if I'm just being stupid
Thanx.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by revswirl
Could someone please explain this weather pattern to me? I'd like to know if it has a name or how common or if I'm just being stupid
Thanx.

The latter I think.

Wind directions change constantly and you just didn't notice before..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by revswirl
Thanx.

The latter I think.

Wind directions change constantly and you just didn't notice before..

That's what I was thinking but I was certain I would have had a memory of saying "wow.. that's weird the way the wind's blowing." But yeah, I figured I was just being silly. Didn't know if that pattern had a specific name though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The weather tends to move west-to-east, but it's not all that uncommon to see winds blowing in different directions. You're fine

join