It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the whole segment devided by half of segment = 1.66?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i dunno if this is true or not but i heard that if you take a segment of oh lets say the length from the floor to your belly button in inches and divide that by the length in inches from the floor to your knee it will equal around 1.66 or 1.68 and this is sapposedly in all segments. anyone have anymore information on it? or anything related?

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Only if the length of the first segment being your base is 1, and the second is 60% of that ".6".

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Incomprehensible at present; but I wonder if you aren't thinking of the ancient "Golden Ratio" or Golden Mean"? beloved of mathematicians, artists and drivel-merchants alike.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The original formulation here will, presumably, always be 2. Hence the incomprehensibility!
If you are thinking of the Golden Mean it's approximately 1.62 and is the solution to 1 plus square root of five all over 2. It's like pi goes on and on.
It's sometimes given the Greek letter "phi" and a search on that or on Golden Ratio should tell you all.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Plainly, and no disrespect meant, the original poster is no mathematician - anyone with some expertise who might wish to pursue this could profitably check out Fibonacci numbers. Heap Big Voodoo, cyberchums.

top topics

join