It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Red Cross Warns of ‘Doomsday’ on Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Red Cross Warns of ‘Doomsday’ on Friday

www.chrisd.ca...

The Canadian Red Cross wants to ensure people are well prepared for the end of the world. That is, if you believe the Mayan prophecy that “doomsday” will come on Friday, December 21.

In a comical news release on Wednesday, the aid organization said, “After surviving a near-miss when Halley’s Comet failed to be pulled into Earth’s orbit in 1986 as predicted, and avoiding the ruinous effects of Y2K, Earth’s inhabitants again face the prospect of a calamitous end of the world.”

Denis Dion, the Red Cross’ national director of disaster management, said Canadians should ready themselves and their family for any emergency.

“Two-thirds of Canadians say they have not taken steps to prepare for a disaster,” he said.

The Red Cross recommends every household have the following items in an emergency kit for whatever might come their way…

Water: two litres per person per day, to last 72 hours
Food: non-perishable food for each family member, to last 72 hours
Manual can opener Crank- or battery-operated flashlight and radio, with extra batteries
Extra car and house keys
First aid kit
Cash in small bills
Special needs items like medications, baby supplies and equipment for people with disabilities

I don't know about you guys, but I have all the above with the exception of the last item.

Let the waiting game begin...*puts on hockey helmet*

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I dunno...my Cat doesnt apear too worried yet......
if she acts up ill let ya know...

Keep an eye on yer pets for early warning signs of dangers.....serously

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Yeah, my cats are so worried they've been sleeping ALL DAY...(I'm jealous)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
pretty funny stuff coming from a red cross who dropped the ball yet again during hurricane sandy, i'm glad they have time to sit around and make jokes when they totally suck at what they do. makes me wonder if them and the fema failures will have pompoms made up to cheer on their comic section.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why did they wait to release this the day before?

Very odd...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-12-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Cats can sense earthquakes and ghosts....be prepared for both

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
Why did they wait to release this the day before?

Very odd...

They wanted to make sure they got prepared first...Canadians second.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I fully agree with the Canadian Red Cross, not on its tongue in cheek nonsense, but with a general alert being sounded out.

The REAL tragedy that will occur on the 21st and the following days is when all realize that the end had not come.

Can you imagine their disappointment, after all the hype by families, relatives, friends, religious leaders and politicians, and worse - to have done and spent on prepardness?

Not many will be able to face up to their shattered beliefs, and some may take their own life to prove it is indeed Doomsday, but only for themselves, needlessly.

Let us all humankind stand ready to help one another, with all seriousness, and not ridicule them but gently guide them to reality. Those people will need our help, with a dose of compassion. We are only one race with common goals to progress and evolve.....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah, my cats are so worried they've been sleeping ALL DAY...(I'm jealous)

I seldom follow the lead of a cat, but in this case, I think I will.
I'm scared too.
Good night!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Btw, this article in my first post was copied and pasted from the Home Page of the Red Cross website....see HERE

But what the article didn't include that the Red Cross did was this snippet:

Red Cross urges Canadians to prepare for Doomsday

www.redcross.ca...

Last year, the Red Cross helped more than 46,000 people affected by disasters across the country.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yep. In Canada preparedness is a good thing. In America, if you're a prep per you're a nutter and very likely the reason Adam Lanza shot up a school.

Crazy world

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Yep. In Canada preparedness is a good thing. In America, if you're a prep per you're a nutter and very likely the reason Adam Lanza shot up a school.

Crazy world

Weird eh, it's like they want us to be self sufficient up here, if needed, yet in the US, it seems like they're trying really hard to make sure that people are NOT ok. And yet there are way more weather related disasters down there.

I think they'd like us to have way more than 3 days of food and water. We're so spread out and isolated in some places.

Keep Canada healthy and populated, while keeping Americans divided and fearful (of prepared people)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Canadian Red Cross eh?
I got my beer, my back bacon and my tim horton's toque...I'm good to go eh!

top topics

join