It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think will be the next doomsday date after 12/21/2012? Here's what I think and why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OK I'm so positive that nothing will happen on 12/21/2012, that I have been speculating on the next date that will throw people in a tizzy, and then I ran across this doozy!

The Asteroid Apophis

Also known as Apep, the Destroyer, Apophis is the Egyptian god of evil and destruction who dwelled in eternal darkness. As a result of its passage within 40~000 km of the earth on 2029 Apr. 13, this minor planet will move from the Aten to the Apollo class.

Source: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Wait did they say minor planet? Niburu / Planet X anyone? OK OK I kid I kid

Actually it gets even better (or worse depending on how you look at it)

The future for Apophis on Friday, April 13 of 2029 includes an approach to Earth no closer than 29,470 km (18,300 miles, or 5.6 Earth radii from the center, or 4.6 Earth-radii from the surface) over the mid-Atlantic, appearing to the naked eye as a moderately bright point of light moving rapidly across the sky. Depending on its mechanical nature, it could experience shape or spin-state alteration due to tidal forces caused by Earth's gravity field.

This is within the distance of Earth's geosynchronous satellites. However, because Apophis will pass interior to the positions of these satellites at closest approach, in a plane inclined at 40 degrees to the Earth's equator and passing outside the equatorial geosynchronous zone when crossing the equatorial plane, it does not threaten the satellites in that heavily populated region.

Using criteria developed in this research, new measurements possible in 2013 (if not 2011) will likely confirm that in 2036 Apophis will quietly pass more than 49 million km (30.5 million miles; 0.32 AU) from Earth on Easter Sunday of that year (April 13).

Source: neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

So based upon this information I have gleaned not one, but two dates that people will claim will be the end of the world as we know it. April 13th, 2029 which happens be Friday the 13th, and April 13, 2036 which just so happens to be Easter Sunday!

What's interesting is that mankind is already working on possible ways to prevent this doomsday from occurring if Apophis actually comes too close for comfort.

Fortunately, Apophis needs to be nudged only about a mile to avoid a gravitational "keyhole" in space--a region that would send the asteroid on a collision course with Earth. Otherwise, it would have to be diverted 5000 miles for it to miss our planet. This reduces the energy required to deflect Apophis by a factor of about 10,000--making it theoretically possible using current technology...

Source: www.popularmechanics.com...

So there you have it ladies and gentleman. Two more doomsday dates for the price of one! How do you feel about Apophis and the slight change it has of hitting Earth? What do you think the next mass hysteria doomsday date will be, and why?
edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: typo

edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
While you're right on that Apophis is a subject of concern, are we REALLY ready to start another worrisome fear-date panic? We're just now getting past Dec 21, 2012.

I think we deserve a break for a decade or so. Please?

edit on 20-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

It's guaranteed to happen whether we like it or not. Seems like humans, in general, have been fascinated with the end of the world for quite some time now. It's only a matter of time and destiny that this fascination will continue and the next date(s) will be thrown out there.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great thread dude!

What if.....

The purpose of those asteroid jets are to "pull" it actually towards the Earth???

Holy Crap! Has anyone thought of that conspiracy?

Blew my own mind......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I agree that the Apophis event WILL happen - its a close call that we will have to deal with.

My point was... there is rampant anxiety and fear all over the place right now for many reasons, the 2012 hysteria being part of it. I think we as a collective whole need a few years to chill out and enjoy ourselves. Otherwise, when Apophis does get here, we might all be like, "Screw it! Let that sucker hit us! I'm tired of being here anyways."

Indeed, some of our fellow humans might already be thinking like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I think it's best that they leave well enough alone unless they figure out their calculations are incorrect and it'll come within 5,000km of Earth, then we'd have something to worry about.

I highly doubt that anyone would invest the time and resources on a mission to bring the asteroid into the "keyhole". I will keep an open mind enough to say stranger things have happened.
edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: one too many zeros

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

I read what you are typing, but as much as I would like that to be true, it just seems that humans, as a whole, will worry about that cataclysmic date until it actually happens.

Yes, as individuals many of us are thinking enjoy life while it's here and don't worry about stuff beyond our control.

My thread is really food for thought, not to induce panic or hysteria. I thought my attempt at humor (albeit dry) would convey that point.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The next Doomsday will be 12/26/2012, the day after Christmas. This is the day when the stores are over run with unsatisfied people returning gifts and the miserly masses looking for after Christmas clearance item deals. It will be such a complete nightmare that anyone who works in retail will wish that Niburu had destroyed the planet on 12/21! Some of these retail workers may possibly lose their minds and start killing shoppers- which will cause a domino effect when other fed up workers take up the cause. The violence will spread in shopping malls and big box stores around the world and spill out into the streets- ultimately ending in an all out world wide nuclear armageddon!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Is it possible that this body or asteroids name in Hebrew could also be Abaddon or Apollyon which in Revelations of the Bible is released after the 5th trumpet has sounded? Revelations 9.

Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yes finally a bold prediction! Star for your sir. I'm just hoping that people don't get too out of hand and do things that cannot be undone.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Agreed on all points. I certainly wasn't dubbing you a fear monger. This topic is quite valid and requires scrutiny by those that can do something about it, I was just saying/thinking, "Man, now the masses are gonna start freaking out about yet another thing they can't do anything about. Next thing ya know, they'll be paranoid about a prediction that everyone dies at some point!"

Why's everyone so vested and clinging to this world? Cool place, but ... Tangent. Anyways...!

I was not poo-flinging you or your thread, Good Sir or Madam. Yours is a valid topic, I was just whining out loud about the idea of yet another "mass hysteria panic" leading up to a "Date Calamity".

S+F

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

I'm not too sure what they meant by Abbadon or Apollyon outside of the fact that he's a fallen angel, Son of Perdition, Satan, or a demon?

There is an star/asteroid/comet(?) mentioned in Revelation 8 called Wormwood (Greek) aka Bitterness that could fit possibly fit the description.

Revelation 8 (NLT)

Then the third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch. It fell on one-third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star was Bitterness. It made one-third of the water bitter, and many people died from drinking the bitter water.

Source: www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: proofreading FAIL

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So because of your thread, I ran with the idea about manipulated asteroids causing extinction level events.

I created a highly speculative look into it.

Illuminati Endgame Conspiracy Theory - Manipulated NEO(Asteroid)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Cool I will check it out and see what findings you have.

new topics

top topics

join