It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Noises, House shakes, but no earthquake?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Edwards has a supersonic corridor, but it isn't over the ocean. ;-)

You can read about the R-2508 airspace on their website.
www.edwards.af.mil...

You can search for NOTAMs, which should indicate testing off the coast if they are using a "warning" area.
pilotweb.nas.faa.gov...
I suggest doing a radius search. You need to know the ICAO for an airport. Vandenberg is KVBG.

ZLA LOS ANGELES (ARTCC)PALMDALE, CA. A2910/12 - QRACA W291 ACT, EAST OF 121 DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE AND NORTH OF 30.5 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE. THIS MAY NOT BE THE ONLY AIRSPACE ACTIVATION WITHIN W291. OPERATIORS ARE ADVISED THAT ADDITIONAL NOTAMS MIGHT EXIST FOR CLOSURE OF OTHER PORTIONS OF W291. SFC - FL800, 21 DEC 14:30 2012 UNTIL 22 DEC 02:00 2012. CREATED: 17 DEC 23:33 2012

W-291 is pretty far south and shouldn't be related to the sonic event.
skyvector

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

The last two days I've experienced what sounds like loud thuds on the sides of my house lately. The first time it happened there was a loud boom, that sounded like something blew up or struck my house quite hard. Checked in the house, all the appliances, windows, went outside looked around, no holes in house(not a gunshot), no smell of gunpowder so wasn't some firecracker or something. So I shrugged it off and went to bed. Yesterday it happened 4 times through out the day. The best we could come up with is someone is doing something in the neighbourhood. We have yet to figure out what it was or why it happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Strange you should mention this. I have a friend who basically experienced the same exact thing. But when he arrived at work the next day, no one knew what he was talking about. There were also no reports of earthquakes in the area.

It freaked him out, he's an older gentleman and isn't prone to things like this happening to him.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
For a couple of years ago I lived in a town called Holbaek (Denmark, Sealand) witch lay about 40 km away from a military shooting range.
I been experincing some loud noises and windows that exploded a couple of times back then, and their was a big "fuzz" about this.
We had a couple of articles in our local media, were some scientists told that their was a layer in the air, hot air witch climb in over a cold layer of air just above the ground and thus is amplifiring the sound from the explosions on the ground from artillery. This layer is called a Inversion Layer, a common weather phenomemon.
The sound it generates is like sonic booms, thunder and a like, and can shake houses, explode windows and set of car alarms.... And every time this happen, we just have to call to the military esstablishment and they cease fire and the sound stops.....

Could it be this you have experienced????

Just my five cents

sorry if my spelling is wrong

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It can be some subsonic radiation, or similar?
Hypotheticaly, can some body of some government, or some international organisation, organise the whole-day watch of innocent persons, using satellites, and all the modern stuff, in order to destroy its personality, and, even its health and life? Where am I? Here I am sleeping...

edit on 22-12-2012 by dragnik because: correction

Here I am working from...

edit on 22-12-2012 by dragnik because: addition

And, sometimes, I am here...

Phone: +38135242297
Mobile: 0613257379
edit on 22-12-2012 by dragnik because: addition

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Rez, I'm surprised you didnt make the connection... when I saw the thread I clicked on it and started reading to see if anyone (expected it would be you) mentioned the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis...
This town is close to the coastline as well which would further support the theory that gas explosions are causing these sonic booms

Boom Sounds / Flashes Of Light In Sky - Hydrogen sulfide and/or methane plumes detonating in the sky above us, either purposely via human action (using incendiary flares or whatever), or igniting due to lightning. This may also sound like fireworks or 'popping sounds' if the plumes are smallish.

link
The fact that this was "officially" claimed to be a jet also makes it a little fishy to me, why didn't that info come out when people first heard the boom? Maybe because the frequency of them is beginning to be hard for TPTB to continue ignoring, people are starting to ask too many questions...
edit on 12/22/2012 by crystalLibra because: added last part

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join