It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Noises, House shakes, but no earthquake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I remember hearing and feeling a sonic boom a few years back and kcoy news had a little story on their website about it kind of like a breaking news story a bunch of people heard and felt it and Vandenberg saying nothing was happening from them like testing or jets flying. Then a few days later I check to see if there were updates on their website about the story and it was erased. i thought that was weird. this was like 2008 or 2009 maybe 2010.
edit on 20-12-2012 by donkingyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I live in arroyo grande and i felt it. I walked outside and my neighbor was on his way out too. "You feel it?" he asked. I looked at him and asked what the date was. His response was casual," the 20th." I told him the world is warming up for tomorrow, he turned around and walked inside. Hehe.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh yeah. Here's a link where others are discussing. www.edhat.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Heck!

Usually I blame the way the sky is over-cast in such a way that jets/what-not flying (tug-boats in the bay) below the canopy of the over-cast sky would cause a deep echoing effect under the canopy. Clear days don't produce this effect.

However many noise-makers/planes in the vicinity can compound the effects, I think?

That's how I remain rational, if I am being rational?!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A trail of rocks (meteors) coming into atmosphere, breaking sound barrier. You most likely won't see the flash because of daylight. Maybe, I dunno. Just a thought since USGS says no quake and Vandenburg says none of their jets.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Same thing here in the midwest. There was a HUGE airliner flying super low over my house around 7 am. It actually shook me awake. The noise was really low, very bassy, and LOUD! I woke up and jumped straight over to my window and saw the lights of an aircraft heading southwest. But it was almost hard to believe how big it looked. And the sonic vibrations lasted a lot longer than I would've expected..
Weird.
Now apparently there are strange lights being seen all over the world, my hometown lost power completely..
Shi---stuff is getting strange.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was hoping NOT to see such threads pop up the next days.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Ok...here are my 2 (out there) theories; and ATS is the place for them.

Maybe people have been hearing UFO's from other planets breaking through the sound barriers.; traveling to heavily guarded locations here on earth.

Or...maybe people are hearing gateways being opened from one dimension to another; and merging.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
Oh yeah. Here's a link where others are discussing. www.edhat.com...

high altitude flight seems plausible, it's just strange to have 4 of these. what on earth could they be doing?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
I live in arroyo grande and i felt it. I walked outside and my neighbor was on his way out too. "You feel it?" he asked. I looked at him and asked what the date was. His response was casual," the 20th." I told him the world is warming up for tomorrow, he turned around and walked inside. Hehe.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

Well there was a couple pretty good quakes a few days ago on the 14th, wonder if it is just starting.

The first quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4, was recorded at 2:36 a.m. Friday, 163 miles south southwest of the California city of Avalon and 167 miles west southwest of Rosarito, Mexico. Only seconds later, a second quake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck 88 miles from Avalon. Both were recorded at relatively shallow depths.

www.ksby.com...

Last night at 1.30 AM I heard that sky sound everyone talks about, it lasted hours it vibrated the windows, our power went out and we had the weather change suddenly to a warm temperature very dry, it was light out all night and the wind was HUGE but warm.

This morning the warm was gone and we were back to the regular cold rain storm.

This is the North end of CA on the coast.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.sanluisobispo.com...

Here's another report. still no solid answers since it's completely clear outside and I didn't see any planes in the sky at the time

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

We've had the opposite happen in SoCal. It has been unusually cold and rainy (even for winter), and then all of a sudden we are back to warm weather. I guess we shall see... It's been a very scattered and unpredictable year weather wise for us down here.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sonic boom from an F-22 caused rattling sensation

UPDATE 1:14 p.m. An Edwards Air Force Base public affairs spokesman told Vandenberg’s counterparts: “We can confirm it was an F-22 flying in the Western Pacific Test Range on an authorized test flight 50 miles west of the Vandenberg coastline. Edwards conducts these types of operation year-around, but today’s atmospheric condition allowed the boom to be heard and felt along the Central Coast.”

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sounds like someone ate a f#ck off GM sprout!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by donkingyo

My saved links for July 2008 and March 2009 have also expired except for one in March 2009:

Experts debunk all sonic boom theories, except for one: a jet

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TooManyTheories
Same thing here in the midwest. There was a HUGE airliner flying super low over my house around 7 am. It actually shook me awake. The noise was really low, very bassy, and LOUD! I woke up and jumped straight over to my window and saw the lights of an aircraft heading southwest. But it was almost hard to believe how big it looked. And the sonic vibrations lasted a lot longer than I would've expected..
Weird.
Now apparently there are strange lights being seen all over the world, my hometown lost power completely..
Shi---stuff is getting strange.

The Midwest is getting pumelled by a snow storm.

Yeah, it's not to strange for power to go out.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
A trail of rocks (meteors) coming into atmosphere, breaking sound barrier. You most likely won't see the flash because of daylight. Maybe, I dunno. Just a thought since USGS says no quake and Vandenburg says none of their jets.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

Sounds like the best answer so far, (apart from the wife farting) There was a sonic boom from a meteor over Turkey a few nights ago,

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe the Edwards AFB post that it is a sonic boom. However we really don't know if it came from a F-22. What bothers me is it was heard in from San Luis Obispo to Oxnard.

I've been around plenty of sonic booms. You really only feel them if the plane is at low altitude, but a low altitude sonic boom probably wouldn't be heard over a wide distance.

www.vcstar.com...

calcoastnews.com...

The next step is to FOIA the radar.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well you can extend that range significantly. This morning my Aunt posted this on facebook.

"Any one else feel the earth rumble at 9:44 this morning?"

To which we joked it was probably my uncle and I went on about my day until tonight when I read about this.
They live on the west coast of southern Vancouver Island.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chupacobra
Sonic boom from an F-22 caused rattling sensation

UPDATE 1:14 p.m. An Edwards Air Force Base public affairs spokesman told Vandenberg’s counterparts: “We can confirm it was an F-22 flying in the Western Pacific Test Range on an authorized test flight 50 miles west of the Vandenberg coastline. Edwards conducts these types of operation year-around, but today’s atmospheric condition allowed the boom to be heard and felt along the Central Coast.”

You know what's funny is every time lately there is a boom somewhere, nobody can explain and then suddenly Edwards later claims it as some test they are doing. Sounds more like they are trying to distract us from what ever is really going on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join