It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Make Fish Grow "Hands" in [Evolution] Experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by iwan2ski

It's quite real and the point was to try to find out what gene may have led to the transition from fin to foot.
www.cell.com...

What's quite real? Evolution or the experiment? I agree evolution is real, though it does not explain by itself why is there life. If you meant the experiment then, awesome! My point is further validated.

I understand the experiment was more about finding the gene that is responsible for fin to foot mutation and that's very interesting. However, many say this is a modal of how evolution works, when it's actually a modal of how Interventionism works and that is what I was merely pointing out.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Since you said this I was saying the experiment is real.

Not sure if this experiment is actually real or not.

However, many say this is a modal of how evolution works, when it's actually a modal of how Interventionism works and that is what I was merely pointing out.
I understood what you were saying. Evolution works through mutation. This experiment simulated a possible mutation caused by acquisition of novel enhancer elements. The acquisition of novel enhancer elements is a known natural process which leads to mutation. This experiment showed such a process on a specific gene can lead to a specific mutation. It doesn't show "how evolution works" it shows a single process which may be involved.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

1. Who designed our designer? We can't have an infinite string of designed/designers. There has to be a starting point.

2. What I mean is that we can only hear a tiny percentage of the audio spectrum, see only a tiny slice of electromagnetic spectrum. We have body parts that are superfluous that any "intelligent designer" would have done away with. Why do I have a tailbone? An appendix? Because our ancestors had tails, and more recently dined on grass. Both ar superfluous. The squid's eye is far more acute than ours -- why did the designer give us decent mental abilities and #ty eyesight?

3. We only have evidence of evolutions. You are just inserting "creation" and "intervention" because there are parts of our history we don't yet understand. If we don't understand it yet, the answer isn't going to be a hybrid of what we used to think and what we are now discovering, it is going to be something beyond our current discoveries.
edit on 20-12-2012 by v0ice0freas0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski

Originally posted by Phage

It's quite real and the point was to try to find out what gene may have led to the transition from fin to foot.
www.cell.com...

I agree evolution is real, though it does not explain by itself why is there life.

It is called abiogenesis. Not "creationism."
edit on 20-12-2012 by v0ice0freas0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join