It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 (just in case) "WARNING" Thread...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by whyamIhere

Well.in the North East of Scotland we are being told to prepare for 5 days of severe storms,at present,in Aberdeen city the wind is gusting up to 50 mph,with the forecasts predicting 100 mph gusts within the next 24 hours.

100 MPH gusts? Really?!

Source - TWC

Not that I don't believe you, but 100 MPH is pretty intense. I had to check out your local forecast for myself to see what was up. After seeing the forecast, I'm wondering where you saw a 100 MPH wind gust forecast.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

Hi,I heard from the local weather service(part of the UK met office) that winds of up to 100mph could be expected on 21st December out over the North Sea with a high likelihood that they will make landfall with a negligable reduction in strength,I have seen other weather forecast services that don't predict this,but I can definately feel the 50 mph gusts at the moment,guess i'll wait until I personally feel a 100mph gust tomorrow before commenting further.assuming.of course that we haven't been invaded by aliens.undergone a sudden pole reversal,or been hit by a massive tsunami before then!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
I heard from the local weather service(part of the UK met office)...
[...]
I have seen other weather forecast services that don't predict this...

I was actually wondering how much I could rely on TWC for forecasts of the UK. Local reporting almost always trumps the larger media and TWC. Wonder why there is such disagreement over your forecast? Wonder if this is a "strange" meteo-event that they are having trouble modeling? Just thinking out loud.

i'll wait until [...] tomorrow before commenting further.assuming.of course that we haven't been invaded by aliens.undergone a sudden pole reversal,or been hit by a massive tsunami before then!

Totally. All of those things are going to happen.

Anyways, sure hope you guys don't get the 100MPH wind gusts. I imagine that could wreak a wee bit of havoc.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
here in Germany nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. No severe storms, no extreme cold, not much snow (actually there is sleet outside atm). Unfortunately I don't have any pets, so I can't comment on that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

We have been hit by 100mph plus winds in the past,fortunately they don't seem to linger for too long,the most damage usually is restricted to trees being blown down and a few roofing slates being dislodged,I dread to think what the outcome would be should they be prolonged.Alreadt this year there have been severe floods in the North East region,I can't remember flooding being an issue in the past up here,at least not to the extent seen in September/October of this year.

I take your point about unidentifiable weather patterns,just before the 5 day storm warning was issued we had forecasts of milder temperatures with moderate to light rain and negligible wind,so much for long range forecasts.
edit on 20-12-2012 by nake13 because: .

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
crazy 50 mph winds here in central ky...and dark gloomy skies...snow tonight...and power is going out all around me...I bet that really freaked some people out!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well,weather has settled down here dramatically,we have a grey overcast with sporadic rain but negligible winds,so no 100mph gusts as of yet,AND we have survived 21/12 into the bargain!

ETA In the last few minutes I have noticed a strange golden glow to the North East,seems to be emanating from a large circular shaped body that is hovering just above the horizon.Oh,just been told that it's the sun,sorry been so long since i've seen it!
edit on 21-12-2012 by nake13 because: .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join