an ancient practice that has refused to die out

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does this really work? I've see it on TV and read about it alot. I haven't given it much thought until I read this article that just came out.

I think maybe some folks have different senses and can do things others can't. Also, maybe its a gift...or both. I don't know. But, its cool!

A once-classified report of July 1941 that was prepared by a Sergeant J. Hall of Warwickshire Police states: “I was at the scene when I noticed P.C. 319 Terry coming from a nearby thicket

Link : mysteriousuniverse.org...

source: mysterious universe and Dec 19th in Conspiracy by Nick Redfern
edit on 20-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: cat won't shut up..chaseing it now!! grrrr.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Dowsing does work. I tried it last year with an old boy. We went around my uncles field finding the culverts..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

WoW! Very cool to know, Thanks for the story. I remember lots of old TV shows. where they would send for some one who could use Dowsing so they could dig a well. Here I found one start it at 3:06

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

S&F
Water divining isn't that hard. Most anybody can do it. I do it with coat hangers. I coaxed my family to try it out and they can all do it. It's all in the way you hold the coat hangers. You need to fold you finger at the second knuckle and put the short end of the modified coat hanger in the crook of the folded fingers.
-
Made a little Photoshop of the Hand Placement
-
DIvining rods

Just walk around and when the rods cross, you're over thew water vein.

This could be due to the electromagnetic properties of running water, not sure.
edit on 20-12-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

yes, that with some folks having Sensitivity to the source. Thanks for the example!

edit on 20-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My grandfather could do this. Did it for a lot of folks back in the day. He could also tell when a woman was pregnant by looking at her eyes. He was definitely a bird of a different feather.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That is really amazing! I'm going to have to ask my folks what they know about this. My Mom was rasied on a farm in Scotland Neck, North Carolina.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Actually it's a psychic function and the ideomotor effect. Dowsing can find anything, not just water. And the hands are important so that the ideomotor effect can respond to your intention and your unconscious psi.

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Really? For anything? Sweet! I'll have to do some experiments.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My pleasure.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I taught myself to dowse (not hard if you can suspend skepticism and doubt temporarily) using two bent copper wires (the type they use when shaping bonsai treess). I can find underground springs, pipes, artifacts, just about anything. As a practising geologist who studied archaeology this obviously is quite a handy skill to have. If like you said you're sensitive to various energies then this should be a piece of cake.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It works so it shouldn't die out...but some types of dousing has except; in small communities where it is still practiced. A type of dousing has been used in my family, for several generations to determine the sex of an unborn baby. It's 100% accurate and pretty easy; thread a needle and hold it above the the expectant mothers belly, if the pendulum/needle swings back and forth it's a male, if it swings in circles it's a female. If it swings back and forth, stops and swings in circles, paternal twins.

If you know someone expecting; and they want to know the sex of the baby try it. Later in the term is important...because all genitalia; starts out female in early development in the womb, then later develops into male organs.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

It's 100% accurate and pretty easy; thread a needle and hold it above the the expectant mothers belly, if the pendulum/needle swings back and forth

I remember way back when "Fate" magazine (still in digest form) would send you a" pendulum kit" with a subsciption. I used it a lot!
edit on 21-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: spelin of cores

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Try pendulum dowsing too, there are youtube vids somewhere that show how.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Actually it's a psychic function and the ideomotor effect. Dowsing can find anything, not just water. And the hands are important so that the ideomotor effect can respond to your intention and your unconscious psi.
Exactly what I figure. My Opa was a 'water witch' and I once watched him douse for a location for a new well. Of course, Oma cracked that he could have dug anywhere on that site and found water, but still, I watched the forked willow stick seemingly bend of its own volition. Great memory.

There are also stories floating around the archaeological community of dousing being used...and just as many that scoff at the concept. Whatever works for you, I guess.

new topics
top topics

join