It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Road Closure for Homeland Security Training Exercise -- Winston-Salem, NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting and was just wondering if anyone else had seen activity like this in their area.

FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. —A section of Union Cross Road will be closed Friday so state and local agencies can conduct a homeland security exercise.

This exercise is taking place near an interchange for I-40. As many of you probably know, this is a major Interstate that traverses the country all the way to Los Angeles.

Anyone in the area will hear loud noises and see ambulances, fire trucks, law enforcement vehicles and military vehicles, NCDOT officials said.

SOURCE

Anyone else seeing this sort of activity?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Don't you have to love this? For most of the nation's history....training like this was done by design as far from the public as it could reasonably get. Why? Worrying the public and having people in a non-stop state of emergency thinking and crisis was what was to be AVOIDED. Now? It seems to be the singular GOAL to the exclusion of all else.

Why not? They have 100's of millions of dollars of some of the finest training facilities man has ever devised....but they have to do this on a public roadway in close proximity to one of the largest high traffic highways in the world.

Yeah..and the timing.... Oh brother. I'm so sick of the Government making stress and low level panic of the people IT'S OBVIOUS INTENTION...I could puke. I weep for how many never knew this nation..so recently...when fearing our own deaths daily is what Government worked hard to see DID NOT happen. HAPPY people were the GOAL...not pissed people looking for a fight or looking to hide from one.

DHS IS the problem..and this President gets his rocks off by scaring and terrorizing the public. I don't know how else to say it after seeing this sorry scene played out now SO many times over the last few years. Disbanding them IS the solution..and we're becoming good little fascists in their image until that happens, IMO. It's almost illegal to even say that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit..I couldn't agree with you more. This government has outworn its welcome.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They have been refining roadblock and intervention of free movement plans for some time.
A friendly DHS "paypurs Komrade" roadblock is headed your way soon.

We need to see State legislation to ban this.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

As a former lifelong trucker, let me throw out another warning that I imagine many people don't think about. Yoou know those Weigh Stations/Scales that almost every state has, at almost every state crossing in the nation? Well...Rand McNally makes a special edition of the national map books for truckers that DO show every one of those scales ...and they are on every state border as a starter. A few have been closed..and some have been moved over the years.

The point? Watch those scale houses you probably don't even "see" anymore for how common one near you is to pass. They are on the side of all major roads, isolated with a lot to detain people in (part of their point...for truckers in violation) and modern ones (Super-Coops as truckers call them, for sheer size and range of facilities) even have holding cells, small lab facilities on site and a small armory in case they need firepower far in excess of what I figure overblown traffic cops need in a scale.

When you see the scale houses start modifying the layout to accommodate vehicles much LOWER in height? You know the time it's all stopped being hypothetical and the nightmare arrives is very very close.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

This is scary...
/sarcasm/
when I was a contractor I too would close streets, sidewalks. You too could get a permit to close a street. Just have a reason, like say a training or block party or construction.

Look all the sudden your thread lost some paranoia. Wow American Law enforcement training on American soil. Closing a road for training to keep people out for their own safely DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?

come on ATS worshipers get a grip!!!
edit on 20-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit..I couldn't agree with you more. This government has outworn its welcome.

What "government"? Are you referring to the organized fraudsters that currently have this country by the butt?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
NC is a VERY common place for exercises of this type. I have a really good friend there that participates in most of them when he has time. They typically enlist the help of locals, mostly hunter types, to be the "bad guys" in the exercises. Different agencies do them more than once a year. I will post links when I find them and if I can get in touch with my buddy I will ask if he is involved in this one as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Let me think...

I recall another "large" exercise... a few years back...
And suddenly it became real...

Hmm..No.. Now i'm getting delusional

edit on 20-12-2012 by EartOccupant because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
They have been refining roadblock and intervention of free movement plans for some time.
A friendly DHS "paypurs Komrade" roadblock is headed your way soon.

We need to see State legislation to ban this.

Considering it is a county emergancy services exercise supported by the state that is not likely.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Robin Sage exercise done regularly that involves 50,000 acres of land and a lot of the locals. Again.....these types of exercises in that area are VERY common.

en.wikipedia.org...

It most likely has something to do with SWCS

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

[.
Considering it is a county emergancy services exercise supported by the state that is not likely.

Not likely ? It has been going on for some time now.

www.checkpointusa.org...

theintelhub.com...

But, certainly there is absolutely nothing to ever worry about with some over-blown, over-funded, "homeland security" agency that is always seeking to justify its existence and growth...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451

This is scary...
/sarcasm/
when I was a contractor I too would close streets, sidewalks. You too could get a permit to close a street. Just have a reason, like say a training or block party or construction.

Look all the sudden your thread lost some paranoia. Wow American Law enforcement training on American soil. Closing a road for training to keep people out for their own safely DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?

come on ATS worshipers get a grip!!!

Right? Because I am an obvious proponent of paranoia. *eye roll* Look, everyone, a troll to feed.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

because I dissagree with the position of the thread it makes me a troll?

Define then if you will Troll threads, built from knee jerk reactionary idealism to promote nothing but time consuming discussion about something your NOT-Troll cogitators already AGREE upon and completely lose sight from the real measure intent of NDAA.

what ever man, its time for me to go to work.
Yeah, I used my ambition to get an education which cost me nothing but time away from ATS and now I get a pay check. The less time spent on ATS has cleared my paranoid mind and I see things a lot more clear now

new topics

top topics

join