It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
and no one will ascend or shift dimensions either.

told ya

That's right lady bravo !

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

They said the world would end, we would all die, that is what the prediction was, an apocalyptic event.

Their are two separate camps concerning 2012. Those who believe that Earth is going to be destroyed, and those who believe that humans are going to be spiritually upgraded. I've been seeing both theories since 2007, I do believe that is around the first time I saw anything concerning 2012.

You would literally have to be living under a rock to think it was just the doomsday predictions that have been spread.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it would be appropriate to end the 2012 forum when 2013 comes along... Until then, it's still 2012.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Trade this forum to another website for a few brownies.
Brownies are so dam good

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well it needs to stay open for one day so we can read all the "i told you nothing would happen" threads

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The threads have got to be archived somewhere-
but changing the name to "Date predictions" would give it a future use.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So tomorrow is it going to be official that this whole forum goes into the skunks works bin, I mean if it doesn't is it going to be renamed the love and evolution forum, the zombie apocalypse survivor hotline or what? My 2012 prediction is, is that the jig is up people made hundreds of millions propagating this fear of a day hope this is a lesson learned. I hope I don't live long enough to be bombarded with tripe about the next doomsday. Sorry if I come off as cynical.

BMan

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Terence McKenna and The Law of One Ra both predicted it as an ascension, as have many channelers the last fifty years or so. In fact that is the majority of what I have read. The apocalypse stuff was there too but less compelling and less of it... I certainly do not see a bunch of doomsayers from my end and I never saw that. I don't think anyone really believes the world will end. Revelations and consciousness expansion are the promise.... I think the former is very possible...

And I hope they keep it until Jan 1st of next year. It would be a shame to pull it down the same day when it has been hyped the whole year and then some. At least give us a few days to sort things out and see if seminal changes did occur--it is not like we can trust mainstream media to break such stories anymore! And those that are really disgusted by this phenomenon (why?) can have their fun in those days as well, so it is win-win for all of us.

I'm going to miss this forum. And I disagree there will be another one anytime soon. It is rare when a seemingly random date has multiple sources pointing to it so this is unique in our history IMO. Thanks for hyping it, guys, you got the kid in me dreaming again.

Please be gentle when you try and kill it tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LastExplorer669

next doomsday date 03/30/3030 it was a terminal number in base 4 I am clearly joking js
edit on 20-12-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You may as well let people say what they want to say about all the months and years of speculation being wrong concerning the world ending and it not happening.....

If the world had ended, then nobody would have been able to post anything to state that they were right because we wouldn't be here would we.....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Before today I've never visited the 2012 forum so I've never experienced the emotion many of you have.

Hence, I have no reason to post "I told you so" to anyone because, 2012wise, I never had told anyone anything.

Perhaps I should have been engaged in nonsensical debating with the rest of you..........................

Then I could fit in and be part of the Great Glote

edit on 20-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: clarifrycashun

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe it could be renamed "Doomsday Predictions" and separate it from the Prophecy forum.
I predict that the next doomsday they come up with will have something to do with the comet that's coming close next year. They'll tell us this time it's really gonna happen 'cause the space brothers said so.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by iwilliam
And I'm sorry if you feel you're already a perfect, "finished" person.....

WOW!!!

You must be really enlightened in order to see that I posted I felt like I am perfect & finished. I'm mean shining sooo bright that you can read something that is not there. Truly Amazing!

I'm sorry that what I stated upset you so much, that an enlightened person such as yourself felt the need to lash out.

Do you know what the word "if" means, or did you just want to have something angry and bitter to say?

I also never said that I was perfect.

And you make a pretty big assumption in defining that as "lashing out." I responded with words and tone which I felt appropriate for the post I was responding to. I personally think you're reading a "tone" to the words which was not there. Likewise, I found your post to be derisive and/or condescending (though in your case, toward an entire group of people.)

I was simply pointing out that even IF (there's that nasty word again) you feel like you haven't evolved or changed quite a lot in this last year, or if you feel you don't need any kind of enlightenment, or further personal evolution, some do, and some feel we've already been heading down that path. That's all. Pretty straightforward statement.

edit on 20-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
2013 is already being called the year of the Meteors. Supposed to be an increase in them. Doomsday will continue.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For all the hype about 12-21-12, I hope I at least have an interesting dream tonight.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

However, I think to put all 2012 threads straight into the hoax bin could potentially alienate and make angry a lot of regular members here. Particularly the "spiritual evolution" crowd.

Would that really be so bad?

Well from ATS admins perspective sure that will probably be bad for advertisement revenue to alienate regular users. But from my perspective it means people that knowingly posted BS for years are not coming back. Which is all that I could ever hope for...

However I think even if they were angry they still have the need to perpetuate their lies or misplaced beliefs. So they will never leave. They need to feel special and they need other people to acknowledge it.

You're right that it would be very bad for them, business-wise, to alienate a very large segment of their very regular users.

And what do you mean by "knowingly posted BS?" The word "knowingly" implies, quite obviously, knowledge. And that's not what we're talking about (in 99% of cases, at least). We are talking about people who legitimately believe something, not people who are hoaxing on purpose, regardless of whether that belief is not shared by, or acceptable to you.

And everyone needs to feel special. Some do it by playing pseudo-scientist and "debunking" anything they don't personally believe in.

And don't get me wrong there-- I actually respect and appreciate true debunkers. People who do research and point out relevant facts that will dispel a given false story. That is pure awesome-- when done properly. I have the feeling a lot of people think they're "debunking" when they make statements which essentially equate to "nuh uh... you're a dummyhead if you believe that! *eyeroll**lol*"

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't know what's going to happen to the 2012 section. Nor do I really care. I'm over all these 2012 doomsday threads. I can't wait to get back into some super interesting threads.
I haven't made any doomsday threads, but I was a believer. I'll admit I was wrong.

If the world ends on the 14th that'd be an accurate enough prediction for me!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I vote to leave it all here for historical reasons.
Regardless if anything happens, this was still a time of great uncertainties, failed prophesising and irrational fears.
Much can be learned from it.

I'm still curious if there's a crowd of last minuters that are going to come out of the woodwork.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalWatcher
2013 is already being called the year of the Meteors. Supposed to be an increase in them. Doomsday will continue.

Oh yes we have that!
February I think.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You're right that it would be very bad for them, business-wise, to alienate a very large segment of their very regular users.

And what do you mean by "knowingly posted BS?" The word "knowingly" implies, quite obviously, knowledge. And that's not what we're talking about (in 99% of cases, at least). We are talking about people who legitimately believe something, not people who are hoaxing on purpose, regardless of whether that belief is not shared by, or acceptable to you.

And everyone needs to feel special. Some do it by playing pseudo-scientist and "debunking" anything they don't personally believe in.

And don't get me wrong there-- I actually respect and appreciate true debunkers. People who do research and point out relevant facts that will dispel a given false story. That is pure awesome-- when done properly. I have the feeling a lot of people think they're "debunking" when they make statements which essentially equate to "nuh uh... you're a dummyhead if you believe that! *eyeroll**lol*"

Most of my time in the forum usually involved providing facts and pulling apart arguments. The debunking is somewhat entertaining sometimes, but I primarily visit ATS to find information that may not necessarily get reported by mainstream media. However since of the hundreds or possibly thousands of 2012 predictions they can't all be right(maybe none), and this means we spend most of our time reading BS. If there really was anything factual pertaining to 2012 in this forum it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

When someone says "I believe this will happen" then that is perfectly acceptable, but when someone says "this will happen" then they better have something to back it up. The other frustration are people who post subjects like "Absolute proof of blah..." and then reference a youtube video or show pictures of lens flares.

In regards to hoaxers, I know people in real life who have posted BS stories intentionally and then got other gullible members agreeing and endorsing the made up crap as if they knew it as fact. When really it was totally made up on the spot.

I honestly don't know what will happen, and ultimately I'd just like to reduce as much misinformation as possible.

edit on 20-12-2012 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join