It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's already the 21'st in the far east.

www.worldtimezone.com...

Anyone feel an earth shattering kaboom yet?

You still around down under?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How about renaming it "2012: I Told You So"

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is no hoax as the Mayans only said a new era (change) and they were correct.

This world has changed in the last 20 years and whilst people have been gazing at the sky for elenin or niburu our rights have been stripped and we are in a new era of slavery where the whole human race is enslaved by bankers and their kind. We are seen as useless eaters. Change is up to us.

There is no God, Jesus, Aliens coming to help us so we have to get real and make sure the change benefits us all and not the elite that own and run our lives.

The Mayans said end of an era and that era is freedom.

Maybe we have been here before but instead of the Annunakki enslaving us for gold just replace them with bankers enslave us to get all the wealth and gold.

We have to break free from them that see us as their subjects and set themselves up as our gods.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

When they shut it down, they should keep it accessible as a constant reminder that we are surrounded by idiots.

It doesn't really matter anyway, the morons who believe in this 2012 crap can and will find anything that happens tomorrow to be a part of it. Fire, famine, disease, earthquake, volcanoes....stuff that happens EVERYDAY will be blown out of proportion, and the idiots around here will feed each-other. It's sad. I though folks that were interested in conspiracies and whatnot were supposed to be observant and smart, thanks to ATS I know that's not true!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Right, one question.
Why are we so heavily relying on 11:11am GMT??
Since the Mayans made the calendar, where has this (predictable) number come from? Surely it would be their timezone?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
It's already the 21'st in the far east.

www.worldtimezone.com...

Anyone feel an earth shattering kaboom yet?

You still around down under?

Tipping point only. The thread will still be handy as a reflecting point and marker of the timeline forward.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

False alarm, It happens in About 15 and a half hours. But yeah we're still intact

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
HANG ON! WHAT WAS THAT BANG

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

HANG ON! WHAT WAS THAT BANG

A alien farted

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by OneisOne

They said the world would end, we would all die, that is what the prediction was, an apocalyptic event.

There are plenty of people's post histories, books, theories, etc. that demonstrate otherwise (RE: change over time ala winter/summer cycles versus cataclysm).

Just because you never noticed them through what should have been easily dismissed noise, doesn't mean there haven't been voices trying to communicate something different (for thousands of years to be honest).

Do you understand what "apocalyptic" meant when it was originally being used? Look around you... can you not see the accelerating awareness of what is and has been going on around us?

Do you not accept that an "event" as described historically/culturally can be and usually is multiple years in duration? The "Boston Tea Party" wasn't a single moment but in truth an ebb and flow that has an easily identifiable "marker" point... but the entire "event" was days, weeks, or even months in duration depending on how you choose to define it. World War 2 is spoken of as an "event" depending on context, for example.

The Winter Solstice is a significant "event" because it is literally the moment the direction of the seasonal pattern changes. The day before and after aren't much different from each other, yet everything is fundamentally different going forward (for a while at least until it ebbs back).

Sine waves. Peaks. Troughs. Etc.

Yes there were people predicting some hard to swallow stuff. Why did/do you give them any attention? Either their attempts are interesting to you, or not. It's your responsibility. Truth is the doom and gloom crowd got all the attention it did because people wanted to give it to them... and wrote threads about them.

Namaste.
edit on 20-12-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is enough doom and gloom REAL doom and gloom no need to add anymore.. War atrocities, World Hunger, Homelessness, people with terrible diseases, even without all of that, each and everyone of us has had our own share of life shattering problems.. Let this 2012 crap go.. There thousands of nuclear weapons all over the world that could go off AT ANY time.. Lets try to enjoy each day nothing bad happens.. Let 2012 hoojooo goooooo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Even if 2012 gets moved to the Hoax bin, how much you wanna bet we'll end up seeing a 2013 or 2014 forum pop up in the very near future?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Will there be a “I was wrong” or a “sorry for the scaremongering” thread because I have noticed that many members have a strange inability to admit to being wrong it would be really nice to say a “yeah I was wrong sorry for scaremongering” type of thread.

I attempted to start a safe thread where people could apologize --> 2012 Doomsday Apology Repository Nexus

However, apologizing and admitting being wrong is not very popular with people. I personally find it cathartic, but to each their own.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

While I understand and share your own feelings for much of this at this point....I personally think it's important to let the 2012 people have their day and bask in the online panic or calm realization the day brings...whichever that is.

I hope no one comes on here with the idea of "teaching the doomers" a thing or two. First, look around at where we are? That's kinda like going to a nudist colony to tell them being naked is perverse. Well....Some people DO feel that way..but time and place, ya know? lol...

Personally, Saturday is soon enough to recognize nothing much has happened.....assuming nothing much does. Hopefully by then those who NEED to get it out of their system will have been allowed to without others making this a running war zone tomorrow in a fight to "be right" and no just watch events while commenting on their passage.

Something to consider, anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think tomorrow will be our day to enjoy, how many planet X threads or religious apocalypse threads have we had to endure all because people though the world would end tomorrow.

I think for us to have one day to say “you were wrong” and move on is more than fair.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why don't we change the title?

End of Times

End of the World

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I think tomorrow will be our day to enjoy, how many planet X threads or religious apocalypse threads have we had to endure all because people though the world would end tomorrow.

I think for us to have one day to say “you were wrong” and move on is more than fair.

Agreed we have put up with enough of the 2012 nibiru maya crap that could not technically be proven wrong "until tomorrow", we deserve a day of letting everyone know logic is our ally, and fluffy lies the enemy..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Apocalypse sells, but whose buyin'?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, I'm very sorry to hear you say that..... It means, if followed through, it will be war here tomorrow..and pretty much all day long. I've chosen wisely, I believe, i being Off-site almost all day tomorrow myself. I'll have the trending up on another screen like I generally do and have said I would..along with drudge, breaking news and a couple others I've recently added. One screen here is going to look like a metro status display for how many different boxes are running.

However... If this is the approach and tomorrow is already seen as a day to 'stick it to 'em' on proving doomers wrong? WOW... yeah.. I'll be as far from ATS as I can get tomorrow. I don't need to see how many don't still have accounts to post with by tomorrow night.

These fighting periods aren't ones the Staff here is -NOT- tolerating anymore...and good for them too by the way. The safest approach I'm finding is to simply survey the battlefield after the shooting stops. It's quite a sight here recently.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Err.... forgot the 'not' part... Talk about a context changing typo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You can't stop chicken little's from shouting the sky is falling, but you can ignore them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join