It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break the Matrix:The Flicker Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is a link to an article by John Rappoport. It is on the Sandy Hook shootings and how the media deals with them. He describes it as the "flicker effect" and it is used essentially to keep the public submissive and in the dark. It has to do with the way information is presented and then forgotten as if it never existed when new information pops up. It is very Orwellian and he describes it in full.

jonrappoport.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Everyone should give this essay a read. It is a great point

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crankySamurai

I like this guy's ideas. I just wish that, as a writer, he'd learn that segue is spelled "segue", and not "segueway". I'm beginning to think it's around one in 370 self-described "writers" who pain themselves with the process of word-selection. And that pain and process define a writer.

Don't know why that annoys me worse than a frog in my undies, but it does.

Okay, on-topic:

We often see the flicker effect here on ATS. It's what occurs when something so outlandish and unexplainable happens, that we actually forget about it until someone reminds us of it. When we can't explain something, we either go pit-bull trying to understand, or we practically erase it from our memories. The media and journalism have absolutely no accountability - not professionally, not ethically, and certainly not socially.

Back in college, a good friend's father worked for Clinton, and they'd traveled together to an event also attended by Tom Brokaw. Seated together, Tom stopped by their table after leaving a closed press room to say "It's a shame we can't report on most of what just went on in there."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes, an informative article and great topic for a thread.

As widely known as this is to many of us here, it is an unfortunate product of our societies willingness to be spoon fed information by trusted sources. In my nearly half century of life, I have witnessed much change in our way of thinking, from one where people used critical though processes to accumulate knowledge, to current trends of accepting what they are presented as truth wholeheartedly.

Our society requires massive alteration at its core. Most of us here see it, know that something needs to be done about it, and ask ourselves what can truly be done to change it and conclude we can do very little as we are segregated by many factors.

The Flicker Effect and its use throughout our society would therefore seem to be partly to blame for the decline in our intelligence as a population or race. Combating it requires strict discipline and self control. I for one have not subscribed to television, meaning I have to cable service, for over two years and acquire my news from less distracting outlets. Too bad the masses do not do the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prysmatyk

Yeah its an important read for understanding how the media and government works. Once you see the methods being used you are no longer as susceptible to them.

These guys just paint the picture however they want to and they retard you of your ability to reason along the way.

top topics

join