It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Post ( The Mayans Were Right)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Op, you are frustrated. You are frustrated that us humans can not have what we were made for.

I say, go wild. Live in the woods, live away from cities live off the grid, live away from technology.

Live like humans lived 1 million years ago.

After all, we are humans.

We should remember to be human before we start living by little made up rules.... and start living how we actually evolved to be.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
MINUS £7500 EACH

Originally posted by gormly2
You seem to be saying (in a basic nutshell) because people in History had it bad we should stop complaining as they had it worse?reply to post by kaptabs

Gormly, I have no ATS disease in me.

I can't remember how my reply was worded but use it against me if you want, I am sure I moan because I hate what is happening to us, I don't like being teased. Telling us dream big, be whatever you want to, then they rip the ground out if we get near, just like a bully keeping the victims lunch outta reach. It demoralises, we are demoralised!. How is it OK to you that those charged to serve us see to others first whose interests conflict with ours. We want to eat, they want all the food to decide our price, they have disposable money, but want all ours too. They want a monopoly on food, oil, liberty, hope, dreams.

Take Bankers. If the LIBOR scandal plays out seems Banks may have borrowed from each other illegally. For example if borrowing at 9%, they announce at 6%, and pass a 12% variable to a happy consumer. The problem is they have lowered the interest rate artificially. The banks now borrow at 5% but announce 10% passing the variable from 12% to 15%. The consumer cannot pay the increase and his house is foreclosed. The banks have stolen this house by artificially and illegally affecting interest rate, when they artificially cut the rate next it sells the stolen house at a high price. COME ON. THIS IS CRAP

You are mentioning 2013, 2014 and so on. I understand why you would think I care but I don't, they are just numbers marking time, they can't help me. I followed interest yesterday and read a story that feels like mine. I took offence to what you said not due to where you said it. Personally knowing I have

I do like that you use the terms WE and OUR as you are taking some responsibility but you switch from that to attack mode and I am unsure why you are so angry? You can take responsibility for moaning and being a condition owned by us nut stop here.

You express much annoyance at those whining about money. Please if I can respond because you write this as a reply to me but you dont describe me. You seem to be lumping me with something you dont like but it’s not accurate?

I hope I don't whine about DESERVING money as I DONT BELIEVE I DESERVE ANYTHING. ALL I want is a fair go. If I could make it for myself I would. I don’t know how. I cannot find anyone willing to give me the INFO either. I do not care for cognac or Bentleys, Material wealth is a goddamn ego boost, a mirage, the purest lie. I want to be able to succeed, fulfil my potential, put food on my kids table while smiling. You want to see a silver spoon in my mouth so you can hate me, WRONG GUY.

I was an only child to a single mother and to fit our society she has bled, scratched, cried, never screwed, and got her top. She deserves EVERY damn penny and I am proud to call her mother BUT the only information she can give is to survive as a woman in a man’s office. This is not helpful to me. I always wanted to own business but have not father to ask advice, I have three kids, my spouse is angry and thinks material wealth is ONLY wealth. Now on the internet you tell me I won’t bleed for anything, wont scrap for anything. You have NO clue at all, walk a mile in mine pal.

You get two kids to school on time every day, take youngest out all while trying marriage counselling because your material spouse is angry but the denial so bad that when counsellor asks her how she thinks she might react differently, spouse chooses to hear that I am the one being asked questions? OH I fight pal, never leave my kids whatever it takes, but thanks.

You find a boss who’s happy twice a week for you to leave 2 hours early for therapy Also take your youngest to therapy with you as mother in law has proven untrustworthy and if she went there counselling would be pointless as I would worry the whole time. You know how much therapy. I manage with my daughter there? Maybe five minutes from 60, or 0 if spouse is denying again.

Here's a kicker for you I want absolutely no more #. As far as I am concerned we have LOADS. But she need buy house, no rentals She want buy more eBay CRAP. She WANTS, she WANTS, she WANTS.

I just want my wife back, the wife who loved us all, not this consumerism addled bimbo she pretends to be. You think I want money? I want ZERO money, will take seeds. When TV dictates your needs you got problem, We weren’t born needing a Ferrari. It’s taught.

I want the chance at success promised me without corrupt power screwing me again and again

I am done now but you asked so here:

I have 2 BA Business degrees companys dont care for degrees anymore

My best mates more employable for his experience

Degree Current Value to me, MINUS £7500 EACH

THANKS

PEACE
edit on 22-12-2012 by kaptabs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by kaptabs because: Add word

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galloglaih
This is so depressing. I think there is three choices for a human being, to keep living a slave life and pretend that its not so bad, second choice is to kill yourself (after reading this post doesnt seem like a bad idea), and the third choice is to escape modern society and try to survive in the woods or something like that.

Here, read this article:
blog.beliefnet.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

---

... then watch a documentary about North Korea.

Compared to such conditions/places we live in a paradise. A paradise..

No really .. we are really privileged to live in such good conditions. Some of the best living conditions that ever existed on Earth.

Let's not get carried away with our comments.

However, we are in a precarious situation..

Lets be vigilant, ...educate ourselves, and try to move ourselves in the right direction!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
edit on 12/22/2012 by randomviolins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
These inevitable "the Mayans were right" posts are about as senseless as "the world is going to end" ones.

The 22nd is just another day for the delusional and gullible.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I haven't logged into ATS in a long time. I'm subscribed to the top posts' RSS. It's been a while that the conversation turned into reality and about history..

The Mayans now have to accept reality, like every other religion that has end of the world predictions with or without timelines, metaphors or literal changes to the Earth or your self conscious simply are not true. There are no psychics in real life, just coincidences. These are nihilistic, nondual, western philosophies deeply rooted into a fear induced culture.

Any prediction can be tied down to some event in the world and create a cult like following and some profit (ATS for example).

I came here to tell the people of this thread that with rationalization and fact aggregation a collaborative prezi video side project (or at least a new thread / Google Doc) pointing out the realities of the present and how it relates to the past (both for this thread and the Hitler-Austrian one) unbiased, peer reviewed to remove delusional comments with sources, would be a great video to be stickied and watch by all members before anything is posted or before anyone registers (similar to xda-developers).

On top of this a new topic, with source requirements, if there are no sources the topic is closed and not pushed to the RSS feed, or if that's not possible, pushed to the RSS feed but with [Debunked] in it's title. That way one can easily subscribed to non delusional things.

I am volunteering my time as a peer reviewer if people are willing to re-curate this in an agreeable manner. A comparison with the past and the present with these harsh realities is what's needed. Maybe the younger generation would learn a thing or two.
edit on 22-12-2012 by JJShinobi because: Formatting

edit on 22-12-2012 by JJShinobi because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good post OP! It's relevant in more ways than you know. I've felt this way for a long time. Coal miners in the Appalachias were slaves. Mine owners, instead of paying the miners in U.S. legal tender, they came up with their 'own' money known as script. This script could only be spent in mine-owned stores and didn't go very far. Miners uprised and the mine owners brought in the U.S. military and slaughtered them in cold blood. One of those battles is known as The Battle Of Matewan.

It's very offensive that people from somewhere else with an endless supply of money and gold, buy out the natural resource coal from it's people, then hire those people and pay them slave wages. These people worked hard and lived like dogs. They still do while mine owners live the good life. What's going on now is nothing new, but it has gotten worse.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Mayans were a very violent civilization....for advanced as they were in their predictions and time keeping capabilities, their every day practices such as child mutilation and human sacrifices were considered Barbaric by the Spaniards....which is why the Spaniards wiped the Mayans out and destroyed most of their written records. It's too bad really - had that not of happened we may have had a greater understanding of the Mayan calendar or at least a better understanding of their language. The Mayans were obsessed with time keeping....unhealthy obsessed and they made human sacrifices to appease the Sun...

Some interesting documentaries today on the History Channel about the Mayans...I high recommend watching them. These were very violent and Barbaric people but had amazing skills and knowledge of the solar system and how it works.

The Mayans knew the end of the world wouldn't happen on Dec 21, that instead it would be a time of change and coming together "uniting for a common cause"...the end of the calendar simply marked the end of a approximately 5,000 year period.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

All of that doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
Good post OP! It's relevant in more ways than you know. I've felt this way for a long time. Coal miners in the Appalachias were slaves. Mine owners, instead of paying the miners in U.S. legal tender, they came up with their 'own' money known as script. This script could only be spent in mine-owned stores and didn't go very far. Miners uprised and the mine owners brought in the U.S. military and slaughtered them in cold blood. One of those battles is known as The Battle Of Matewan.

It's very offensive that people from somewhere else with an endless supply of money and gold, buy out the natural resource coal from it's people, then hire those people and pay them slave wages. These people worked hard and lived like dogs. They still do while mine owners live the good life. What's going on now is nothing new, but it has gotten worse.

Thats very interesting I going to look at this now, Thanks and I think you information is really more important than you think,

Im going to check this out Im doing research to show the same is virtually happening now,

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JJShinobi

Actually it does - it gives you some insight as to who these people actually were that has thousands if not millions convinced that the world is going to end any day now...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Are you generation Y? Needing everything handed to you on a silver platter. Its not how its written, its the words that are important and I agree with all he has written, punctuation aside.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by resoe26

Are you generation Y? Needing everything handed to you on a silver platter. Its not how its written, its the words that are important and I agree with all he has written, punctuation aside.

I have come across this before where people go off topic and comment on comas; full stops etc,

Once I was on a teachers forum and they could not beat me aat the argument so they started making fun of my written English' so after the 10th post laughing at me i left them with this.

You are not laughing at me' you had me in school from the age of 5 to 16 and you are laughing at my written English

I'm a Master Builder and have taught many apprentices to build houses, now imagine after me teaching them .the house they built fell down, and I started laughing at them.
I think that would say more about me than them.

You think you are laughing at me and are to stupid to see that you are laughing at yourselves.

Not one reply came back.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"The Mayans Were Right" is the topic here. Please keep posts relevent to the topic.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.
edit on 12/23/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ATS you guys forgotten the FULL MOON!

Full Moon Earth Sun Dark Rift Galactic Alighnment

27/12/2012
edit on 24-12-2012 by SophiaEveLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah it looks bad, the things in middle-east, euro crisis, dollar crisis, gun laws and all the things. Most of the people don't see the connections between the things that are happening all the time.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah it looks bad, the things in middle-east, euro crisis, dollar crisis, gun laws and all the things. Most of the people don't see the connections between the things that are happening all the time.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SophiaEveLee

The Mayans were not right since they made no statements about events when the long count completes a baktun.

All of these astronomical whatever wouldn't apply since there is nothing to apply to it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by manbl0g

There are also people that see connections where there are none.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join