It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Post ( The Mayans Were Right)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok first, I have been a member here for a very loong time under a different username (gormly) and I can't remember my password. I have been tempted to retrieve it and log in and contribute but to be honest I get enough ridiculousness on reddit and this website just continues to amaze me with the lack of critical thought.

But this one, got me.

I can understand the conspiracy theories but this stuff.. is just too much. People clinging to things and distorting them to fit their now lost beliefs. We see this after every doomsday passes.
I am sure someone right now is busy trying to reinterpret the Mayan calendar to say they mean "Dec 21 2013"

The post the OP made and the subsequent replies all miss one key fact.

The world is a better place now than it ever has been.

Struggling with college costs?
a few hundred years ago almost everyone was illiterate.

Your job sitting in a chair all day or stocking shelves got you down, stuck in a dead end position with no end in site?
a few hundred years ago it was back breaking physical labor and you worked for 12-16 hours day just to survive, and there you are complaining on a website instead of bettering yourself to get what you want

That 99% you're always bitching about? they are doing fine with their iPads and Cappachinos.

You worried about "violence"
take a walk back anywhere in history.

You worried about "oppression"

Think social security isn't enough to tied you over in your waning years?
that was invented less than a century ago

Think everyone hates each other over politics?
LOL you don't really pay attention to history

Pissed that you barely have enough cash to afford Ramon noodles?
Hmm, I wonder if people before you had trouble with food supply? I wonder if they had to till their own fields and protect every scrap of food with their lives? No?

Got sick and you can't afford to pay the doctor bill and you are now in debt?
I wonder how all those people who died from the simplest diseases back sat just a few dozen years ago would feel in your shoes? You know, treatments for disease, cancer breakthroughts, vaccines...

My point for those of you who live in the here and now and claim this to be the worst time in history...

you have no business complaining in this manner, you know jack squat about history. If you want to complain about you current conditions, please feel free to do so, but complaining that this is the worst time in history and this time is some kind of catalyst just shows that you are no student of history and have no business making such a comment.

You (no one specific here not picking on anyone in particular) have an iPhone, you have an internet connection that lets you write all your jumbled logic-less thoughts online for the world to see, you go home at night to a warm bed and food in your stomach.

You are just a whiny self absorbed human.

Please note, I mean no disrespect to any one particular person, I just get frustrated when people do not look very far into history before they claim something "worst evar!"

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp
reply to post by pavmas

Right on OP, right on.

I have been thinking about many of the points addressed in your post this past year quite often. It doesn't make sense that the collective "we" on this planet are essentially ruled by a handful of power-drunken overlords. It is cruel and unusual, as we appear to be ever controlled by this law and that tax and this stipulation and this blah, blah, blah. It's especially funny to me being an American who has served in the military when I get people saying "Thank you for keeping us free!" I just have to chuckle to myself because I did nothing to keep anyone free. I served (blindly at the time) the purposes of the war machine and it's overlords, nothing more. And we are not free in America (USA). I hate it when people say that crap. Free is being able to go find a piece of unused land and claim it. Free is being able to build a house on said unused land and not be taxed till you die on it. Free is being able to travel, come and go as you please using whatever travel system you have (horse, dirt bike, boat, yak etc) with no ridiculous restrictions.

Want to see the world? Long ago, poor adventurers could do so with the aid of good Samaritans along the way. Good luck trying that now, hope you have at least thousands of disposable dollars to blow through and you're not on the no fly list. It's indeed incredible the amount of crap we put up with as people and in my opinion, the "third world countries" are freer than we are. I know some random donkey is going to advise me to go there and maybe illustrate the finer points of their lifestyles vs. our own in the wondrous "western" world, but at least they can grow their own food, keep animals for sustenance without breaking arbitrary county codes, and hunt as they wish, etc. We are regulated from the cradle to the grave in the west.

I think the reason why so many folks have hinged their hope on the Mayan/Maya
prophecies of 2012 regarding either total destruction or paradigm shift...is simply because we are all sick of this on a certain level. Even the more comfortable (House Ninja) types with the cushy gov't jobs and CEO level positions can't get away from the subconscious mass effect of the global discontent.

Most people are indeed slaves, and it's so sick that babies are born into this quagmire 9 out of 10 with their status on lock...the rich stay rich (and get richer) and the poor stay peasants. But how dare you get food stamps you horrible person, how dare you feed your kids. How dare you get welfare to survive. Meanwhile, bankers and companies are getting corporate level welfare in the Billions, and rich folks are getting tax kickbacks and subsidies if they have but one gnarled goat on a 4.5 acre parcel of land. I think the tipping point is near and people feel it, and many are hoping for the change, even if it's violent and bloody. Looks like there is no other recourse. The only ones who want it to remain the same are the ones benefiting from the misery of the rest of us.
edit on 21-12-2012 by HoppedUp because: bloody mistake

Great post
For years people have been campaigning about battery hens and it made me laugh, because in the UK 97% of land is countryside and the remaining 3% is towns and cities and they say we are full up, we are battery humans and they cant see it, we cant make a noise as we have noise abatement teams going around we cant burn fires we cant do anything.

And 34% of uk land is owned by the Church Of England and the Royals own a chunk and couple of others 5 owners in total and 65 million people own nothing despite us all been born in the same country.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Great read. Some people just have a very short attention span and a short memory. That's probably a part of the problem

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly2

Your job sitting in a chair all day or stocking shelves got you down, stuck in a dead end position with no end in site?
a few hundred years ago it was back breaking physical labor and you worked for 12-16 hours day just to survive, and there you are complaining on a website instead of bettering yourself to get what you want

That 99% you're always bitching about? they are doing fine with their iPads and Cappachinos.

Hmm, I wonder if people before you had trouble with food supply? I wonder if they had to till their own fields and protect every scrap of food with their lives? No?

I wonder how all those people who died from the simplest diseases back sat just a few dozen years ago would feel in your shoes? You know, treatments for disease, cancer breakthroughts, vaccines...

My point for those of you who live in the here and now and claim this to be the worst time in history...

you have no business complaining in this manner, you know jack squat about history. If you want to complain about you current conditions, please feel free to do so, but complaining that this is the worst time in history and this time is some kind of catalyst just shows that you are no student of history and have no business making such a comment.

You (no one specific here not picking on anyone in particular) have an iPhone, you have an internet connection that lets you write all your jumbled logic-less thoughts online for the world to see, you go home at night to a warm bed and food in your stomach.

Please note, I mean no disrespect to any one particular person, I just get frustrated when people do not look very far into history before they claim something "worst evar!"

So you think the world is a better place, because the hunger has not hit you' in the age of great comfort and transport we fly people all over the world, Bono has an Indian meal flown half way round the world from his favorite Indian take a way, you would think he would have had the decency to do a detour and drop some off to kids dying of starvation. In this great time we have whole families working and cant afford to feed themselves or put a roof over their head.

In this great time of medical breakthroughs, a father in India must watch his daughter die because he cant afford insulin his choice is feed his other kids or buy insulin his daughter died 8 weeks later.

You may be comfortable and think the world is great as I did in the 70s but now I see it for the dirty cesspit it is,
We have a world of plenty but mans selfish attitude has warped it by greed.

How people died in the past' they created their own medicine till the powers outlawed all the best medicines for pain, such as hash and morphine because doctors abused it, middle class doctors abuse it but I bet it was still avaible to them but only banned for the working class.
We live in a world where poor attack poor where the disabled are ridiculed and attacked in the press and laboured scoungers, we have people who are labeled scoungers who have work all their days and paid tax and have the cheek to ask the state for some of their money back,

We have governments who kill kids with drones and claim its peace.
! in 2 will die with cancer in the next 40 years, Im 53 in my generation people are dying before they retire as my two brothers died aged 50, my wife has had cancer her sister has cancer my brother in law has a cancerous brain tumour and is now blind and will die soon ( ages 40, 50 54)

Babies are been born with type 1 diabetes ( used to be known as an old mans illness)
I have type 1 diabetes got it when I was 49 and no other person in my family has ever had it.

And these idiots in power say diabetes is caused by eating to many cream cakes and cancer research uk claiming smoking can cause diabetes ( give me a break)

You live in your better world as you call deluded as you are,

but I want a world where my grand daughters have have a chance of an ;illness free happy life.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
no, not really

the mayans believed in profound and LITERAL change

from mud to amber
from amber to wood
from wood to flesh

like as in mankind was once made of mud

literally

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
gormly2

I know my history, I know of no other time when people felt so helpless that they do not fear death and welcome it to escape the desperation.
Suicide have rocketed and people have no respect whatsoever for human life, babies and toddlers are killed and no remorse.
Our rulers feel no shame in killing innocent kids in their fake wars yet weep when kids are killed not by them, their tears are false.

In past years leaders fought with their soldiers so war was not entered lightly, Today cowards that we elect will go to war on a whim because it is not their sons and daughters dying.

I have no problem with leaders starting wars as long as they believe it that much that they are prepared to pick up a gun and lead the charge with their sons beside them.

We elect garbage to lead us greedy war mongering garbage, I don't think this is a better world than past ages, yes it could have been a golden age but we ignored what our elected leaders did and still do.

That Prince Philip said in an interview that he would like to come back as a virus and wipe out mankind, that dirty Nazi does not even has the sense to realise that he is a parasite already.

Imagine what the world could be and what it is and tell me you really are happy.

I just don't want it for myself I want it for us all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
nothing changed

we didnt ascend

we didnt shift into the fourth dimension

nothing happened

its time for you all to take your Risperidone and get better

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have been a member here for a very loong time under a different username (gormly)

This one, got me.

a few hundred years ago it was back breaking labor and you worked for 12-16 hours day to survive, and there you are complaining on a website instead of bettering yourself

That 99% you bitching about? they are doing fine with iPads, Cappachinos.

I just get frustrated when people do not look very far into history before they claim something "worst evar!"

I don't understand your point here?

You seem to be saying (in a basic nutshell) because people in History had it bad we should stop complaining as they had it worse?

This logic is absolutely crazy?

If the people in the 1960's were sitting around the dinner table with a fresh baked pie from Mum, a healthy wage based on disposable income and not the actual amount paid, kids were happy, and people all believed their own Government at least, were interested in helping the whole country move forward,

Then we ARE able to have it as proven.

It is our right, therefore, to demand the current PTB strive for good times by doing more right than wrong to the advantage of their citizens who vote based on the promises made to indeed look after their interests.

Now, your argument I am sure allows you to sit pretty as you can think to yourself, well, those in the past had it real bad and this is better so that’s OK for me. I will guess you have a job where your disposable is OK. You can do your shop and look after yourself and/or your own and so it’s alright and you can’t complain.

Well not all of us are inn that boat, even with multiple degrees and try as we damn well might.

However, the real reason this post is asinine, my apologies for that but it’s how I feel, and I am actually glad you posted it so I might respond,

Those in the History you are talking about held no illusions. They knew what they were going to get and they knew what they had to do in order to survive.

I actually think we are in a far worse position because we are constantly sold a lie,

We are told we live in a free world, a democracy or whatever else you may call it and yet our freedoms are signed away almost daily,

We are sold on healthcare but then a new reform comes in that makes it almost unreachable.

We are sold on debt and then put in a position whereby we cannot afford it due to a myriad of reasons, some of which are to induce this exact problem

The bankers break the law to our detriment and we can do nothing except be thankful it is not History?

The economy is awful yet we are bombarded with thousands of advertisements a day, many nefarious in their interaction with our minds

We are told we are safe and then fed fear to keep us confused and miserable.

There is no American, Anglo, Australian, Canadian Dreams left it is only survival.

We have been used to good cops interested in public safety, now we fear them never knowing when they are to hand out a beating.

Companies go out of business every day, and the cost of living increase while wages remain the same.

I could go on. But my point is we are told over and again our interests are looked after and eventually all will be OK. However, the very people telling us this are screwing us elsewhere. We are TOLD to dream but when we do we invariably GET SCREWED. We accept debt sold on the good times but when TSHTF Oh dear.

In the past it was bad but people knew.
We keep being lied to so we think all is well, then everything falls down and we are left in turmoil.

Our World is ONE BIG BAIT AND SWITCH. How do we live in a world like that?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

all the natural resources belong to all of us born here so why am I having to pay massive amounts to keep warm

Agreed.

But did you extract the gas from the earth yourself or did some company do it?

Think about that for a bit. The workers need to be paid, and what not. The reason you pay so much for everything is purely because of CONVENIENCE. Granted, you aren't exactly allowed to extract anything from the earth "legally"... Just don't get caught.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They should make a new dance called the "Mayan prophecy Backpeddle". It would be a mix between the Classic Moonwalk, with some Ancient Mayan hand movements.

Where were all these posts about the date Dec 21st 2012 holding ZERO significance at all for the last 5 years. Today WAS the BIG Day, and Nothing happened. That's the bottom line.

These types of slow change posts only seemed to start appearing a couple months ago as the "Doomsday Believers" realized how foolish they we're gonna look on December 22nd.

Pavmas writes:

"American enslaved African of course they did they were not enslaved by the British & French". WHAT????

WAKE UP The World is ALWAYS Changing, ALWAYS Elvolving. You say you noticed this change start around 1998, or 89 (hurt my eyes to read your post)? Well what of the Start of Cold War, and Man Landing on the Moon in the 60's? We're these not MONUMENTAL CHANGES?

What of the Great Depression, the Holocaust, WWI, Vietnam. The building of the Great Pyramids. The World is always changing, constant EBB and FlOW. Positive=Negative,Karma. Why do the Mayan people deserve credit for this latest change, when nothing AT ALL happened on the key Date, heck I didn't even stub my toe. Because they made an accurate calendar that ended on a date.

Well, I have a Calendar created by Way more scientifically advanced Humans and it ends on Dec 31st 2012. But it's ok, because there's already tiny versions of the 2013 calendar on the last page, and full sized 2013 Calendars on sale in stores. Whew, Praise Jesus!

He my Response to the title of this Thread.

The 12-21-2012 doomsday fanatics were wrong and the Mayans never predicted Anything

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
gomley 2

I just had to reply to this.

Hmm, I wonder if people before you had trouble with food supply?

I want you to remember what you posted here because Im going to tell you what is going to happen in the coming months and I will say Feb 2013 for this.

You will start to hear of food price rises, this will annoy you and you will moan but still pay it, then it will rise enough for you to sit up and take notice.

But you will still pay because there will be news reports of hunger in other parts of the world.

Its not because there is vast shortage but poorer country's will not afford to pay the price.

There will be riots deaths all for a loaf of bread.

THEN it hits us, you think wages are low now' what if I told you that you will count yourself lucky if you can get a job that provides food and accomodation no more and you will think youself lucky.

Why and how do i know this because the did it in the 70s with flour and sugar, but only now its worse.

Bankers have bought up food futures they now can gamble with food like they did with everything else and they know their investment is guaranteed fantastic returns.

How ?' because its a stroke of genius , they have pulled the loans on the shipping companies' even in Germany shipping companies are going to the the wall in their hundreds.

The EU have been paying farmers for years not to grow food, stocks are low and prices are rising and now we depend on the banks for our food.

That's why they are trying to stop you growing your own in America.

We lost' whilst governments took us news with rubbish and people more interested in x factor than how they would feed their kids we let it happen.

You know the worst bit' we let our kids be educated by the state so even if they could grow they dont know how, our survival instinct has been removed.

You may have convinced yourself these are better days but you are not convincing me.

For God sake Americans don't give up your guns' if only to keep them to hunt to feed your family in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
and i would bet my life on it that you have never met a Mayan or Maya.

You would lose your life then. I worked right along side a wonderful man whose family has never left central america. He could make amazing stone carvings and attributed the gift to his ancestors.

With that said, the point I'm trying to make is that there is a lack of understanding and comprehension about the ancient Maya. People who actually study them knew that the 2012 nonsense was our own invention. The fact that people don't even know the correct way to refer to them is indicative of my point. Okay? Good.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by pavmas

all the natural resources belong to all of us born here so why am I having to pay massive amounts to keep warm

Agreed.

But did you extract the gas from the earth yourself or did some company do it?

Think about that for a bit. The workers need to be paid, and what not. The reason you pay so much for everything is purely because of CONVENIENCE. Granted, you aren't exactly allowed to extract anything from the earth "legally"... Just don't get caught.

In the Uk we owned it we paid for the infrastructure then the government sold it, now after 20 years they say that the sytem needs upgraded and instead of the £billions that they took in profit for their shareholders the cost is been put on my and everyone elses bill.

I paid for it to come out the ground and now Im going to pay again £24 billion, so in my book that belongs to me again but no it belongs to private individuals.
they did the same with the trains
the buses
british airways
BT

Trains get hundreds of millions a year, buses get millions a years, they were going to put 50p on everyones phone bill to pay for upgrading bt.

It either belongs to the people or it does not.

Energy companies have made record profits in the last six month whilst people on low wages cant survive.

In the Uk we used to have an incomes board, which meant that if wage rises were 2% then prices could not rise by more than 2%.

We have wage rises of 1% now and fuel rises of 20% and and 15% last year. I dont mind paying for a service but this is mafia tactics and now people have to decide whether to buy food or heat their homes.

We have hundreds of pensioners who die of the cold each winter in the UK because they cant afford to put their heating on.
This is genocide of people who are no longer any use to the state.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

You make some good points, 2012 is the transition from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius. the mayan predicted that with this transition will come a change for humanity, We cannot deny there is change coming, but there are also opposing forces at work and it is up to us to choose which way we will go. Freedom or total control. check out this video and have a look at my website www.NewWorldNewAge.com...

Welcome the Age of Aquarius

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AprenticeofLight
reply to post by pavmas

You make some good points, 2012 is the transition from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius. the mayan predicted that with this transition will come a change for humanity, We cannot deny there is change coming, but there are also opposing forces at work and it is up to us to choose which way we will go. Freedom or total control. check out this video and have a look at my website www.NewWorldNewAge.com...

Welcome the Age of Aquarius

I totally agree and we have to choose quick, if people don't protest on mass before summer 2013 then I think its all over and the human race will be totally controlled and could last hundreds of years.

When people are enslave it is usually tight control but as time passes they get careless and that's when freedom strikes, better not let yourself get enslaved in the first place.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
Thats one of the most awesome things I have ever read.'

And since I can read, it was not hard to read. If you cant read, then dont blame the OP. If you are too lazy to read more than a few sentences, then go watch some trash on tv.

Thankyou OP. I always feel happy when I come across someone like you. And I think you are correct.

edit- oh my god people make me sick. Look at the comments in this thread. Its the reason people like the OP give me comfort.
edit on 20-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

Very well put.

I totally agree with you.......and the OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well people i guess we need a good old revolution!

The people in power need to be taught a lesson... as so much of us! What if we took that power and gave it to the people? Giving them the opportunity to make there own money.

You don't need banks all you really need is a mattress and a good neighbor. The old days was a simple barter system. I need corn next door says x amount, we have a deal (Gentlemen's Agreement)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ok first, I have been a member here for a very loong time under a different username (gormly) and I can't remember my password. I have been tempted to retrieve it and log in and contribute but to be honest I get enough ridiculousness on reddit and this website just continues to amaze me with the lack of critical thought.

But this one, got me.

I can understand the conspiracy theories but this stuff.. is just too much. People clinging to things and distorting them to fit their now lost beliefs. We see this after every doomsday passes.
I am sure someone right now is busy trying to reinterpret the Mayan calendar to say they mean "Dec 21 2013"

Yeah we should all just shut up and be happy with what we have.

I believe you missed the point the OP was trying to make.

You are right things could be worse but they could be better. Many of the points in his story are true. Just because it was worse back then doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for something better.

Also the history you are talking about didn't have the advances that we have today. With all the technology of today there is no reason for any of what was stated in the OP's thread to happen or not to happen.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

edit on 21-12-2012 by jlafleur02 because: added

edit on 21-12-2012 by jlafleur02 because: added

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sorry, but according to your own post the Mayans are wrong. In essence, "ain't nothing changed." You repeat the same historical narrative and link it to the present day, highlighting the similarities. The poor are still poor and keep getting poorer, and the rich are still rich and keep getting richer.

Moreover, it's up to each and everyone of us to shake off the shackles of enslavement. Despite the hard work and time it takes, we, especially the in advanced Western developed world, have the ability to carve our own lane and make money independently from the forces of the elite, the establishment and the corporate system that runs our economy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Sorry, but according to your own post the Mayans are wrong. In essence, "ain't nothing changed." You repeat the same historical narrative and link it to the present day, highlighting the similarities. The poor are still poor and keep getting poorer, and the rich are still rich and keep getting richer.

Moreover, it's up to each and everyone of us to shake off the shackles of enslavement. Despite the hard work and time it takes, we, especially the in advanced Western developed world, have the ability to carve our own lane and make money independently from the forces of the elite, the establishment and the corporate system that runs our economy.

6 billion people on the planet and bankers owning all food futures once they control the food,
we are about to witness change that this planet has never seen before and they may get their target of 500 million that the guide stones talk about.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join